Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries. Covid pauses. Shifting landscape on players and recruiting that is affecting all the CB super-powers.

Sorry that I think S16 is a solid result that the coach deserves credit for..
I think he should have played certain guys more, but can’t argue with the end result.

My concern is about the overall roster management the past few seasons and my concern who we sign this offseason because we didn’t do a great job keeping what we had.

Well some schools like Michigan had those same issues and they still had better seasons than us
They went one extra round in the NCAAT

Did OSU or Illinois have a better season than us? I do not look fondly on the seasons that preceded Richmond and Vermont.

In the scheme of things, we are doing ok. The rate of change in CB is accelerating and we all know that big change is coming relatively soon to our program. I am much more worried about that transition than I am about the transfer of 1 player.

Placing restrictions on him, while not doing so with other players, is not really great coaching.
Did Joe never get yelled at or pulled in favor of Kadary for bad shots? I remember it happening often. Kadary finished many games on the court.

I also thought as Kadary's outside shooting improved over the course of the season he was given more freedom to take threes and mid range pull ups.

I am not fully on board with his quote about freedom. I would have felt better if he just said I thought I should have started and played more minutes.

Find me a coach who doesn't have control issues or define specific roles for his players.

They went one extra round in the NCAAT

Did OSU or Illinois have a better season than us? I do not look fondly on the seasons that preceded Richmond and Vermont.

In the scheme of things, we are doing ok. The rate of change in CB is accelerating and we all know that big change is coming relatively soon to our program. I am much more worried about that transition than I am about the transfer of 1 player.

Well by that logic Illinois could argue they had a better season than us since they clearly had a better regular season and we only went one round deeper than them in the Tourney.

Did Joe never get yelled at or pulled in favor of Kadary for bad shots? I remember it happening often. Kadary finished many games on the court.

I also thought as Kadary's outside shooting improved over the course of the season he was given more freedom to take threes and mid range pull ups.

I am not fully on board with his quote about freedom. I would have felt better if he just said I thought I should have started and played more minutes.

Find me a coach who doesn't have control issues or define specific roles for his players.
Yeah that line sounded like it was fed by someone.

Why would you have felt better if he just said "I thought I should have started and played more minutes"? So you could put this more on JB?

His stating what he did gives a clue to the stats, showing for the league vs team player dynamic.

Odds are KR's playing time would have increased substantially, probably even started. And his range of shots would have increased as well. It's a normal JB progression, just ask QG.

Last edited:
Well by that logic Illinois could argue they had a better season than us since they clearly had a better regular season and we only went one round deeper than them in the Tourney.
In one thread you have people saying they would take our season over Illinois because we made it one more round then them. And then in another thread we have people saying Michigan’s year wasn’t much better because they only went one more round then us.

Its actually funny how people spin things. I don’t understand what being a blind loyalist does. It’s okay to have an opinion on something and still be a fanatic for a team. Too many people can’t seem to fathom that bad things can happen. It’s not always oranges.

The fact that you can't see that the talent and performance difference is WIDER between Kadary/JG3 than JG3/Carey is bewildering.
Carey had every opportunity to start and take over the team and failed badly. Joe led the team at point to a winning season in 19-20 and has many good stat games and has hit many big shots.

Carey had every opportunity to start and take over the team and failed badly. Joe led the team at point to a winning season in 19-20 and has many good stat games and has hit many big shots.
With excessive help from Eli and Marek to break any sort of press. Yup. He led the team...

With excessive help from Eli and Marek to break any sort of press. Yup. He led the team...

At GF his cousin who isn't much taller than me brought the ball up 80 pct of the time then gave it to Joe who started the offense. He actually is a good passer but has a long ways to go on the ball. He needs to spend all summer playing against pressure mtm and playing PG. His shooting isn't going to disappear but it's not very useful if he can't handle the rock.

Injuries. Covid pauses. Shifting landscape on players and recruiting that is affecting all the CB super-powers.

Sorry that I think S16 is a solid result that the coach deserves credit for..
The tourney wins were great and we ended up about where I thought we should/hoped we would end up in that regard.

No question the COVID pauses and Sidibe hurt. No question Edwards surely got a lot better over the course of the year.

Still think Kadary was underutilized and the games where you 100% knew 40 minutes of Marek at the 5 wouldn’t work were frustrating - and can’t help but think Edwards could’ve contributed.

Not having Woody or Bras in there basically at all for most of the season was questionable too. Think we could’ve won more games than we did personally.

Making a sweet 16 is always good, but would like to be “Syracuse” again - in the top 25 all year and competing for the league title occasionally and at least in the top 4-5 of the league this year. Thought we had the team to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom