Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tourney wins were great and we ended up about where I thought we should/hoped we would end up in that regard.

No question the COVID pauses and Sidibe hurt. No question Edwards surely got a lot better over the course of the year.

Still think Kadary was underutilized and the games where you 100% knew 40 minutes of Marek at the 5 wouldn’t work were frustrating - and can’t help but think Edwards could’ve contributed.

Not having Woody or Bras in there basically at all for most of the season was questionable too. Think we could’ve won more games than we did personally.

Making a sweet 16 is always good, but would like to be “Syracuse” again - in the top 25 all year and competing for the league title occasionally and at least in the top 4-5 of the league this year. Thought we had the team to do that.

I think it was dasher who mentioned had we not lost Bourama and had the pauses hit us so hard we could have been top 10. I actually think that isn't crazy talk when you look at how the youngsters showed out early. What ifs are long gone now. It's less painful having it occur when it did than vs right before a tourney.

The hell does that even mean? Like, he was the winning pitcher or something? Lol.
Exactly. He was forced into the job and did pretty well all things considered.

Exactly. He was forced into the job and did pretty well all things considered.
He was the best we had, and he had his moments. Didn’t improve this year though, and we had someone better.

Hooefully can make a leap next year, but can’t say I’m expecting too much.

No Hughes or Kadary means he’s going to have to be way better and way more consistent next year.

I just don't want to hear he played pretty well. He was serviceable thanks to help from many others. He averaged 3 assists and just under 2 TOs per game. That's not really well.
Just checking. Thought he was pressed into action when Jalen didn’t grow into the role and played ok for a true freshman.

I’m not giving up on him, honestly. He can be better.

I just don't want to hear he played pretty well. He was serviceable thanks to help from many others. He averaged 3 assists and just under 2 TOs per game. That's not really well.
I’ll give Cusian credit he is a good faith debater. I actually believe he believes what he says.
He isn’t like Cous who is just trolling because he is bored.

I’ll give Cusian credit he is a good faith debater. I actually believe he believes what he says.
He isn’t like Cous who is just trolling because he is bored.
I view this establishment as a kind of place we used to have in ancient times called bars were people would go in person and while the hours away talking about these exact things, in real live person.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Symir Torrence is coming home.

Trying to gage what caliber of player he will be here. Would “Josh Wright” level be a fair expectation for those who’ve seen him a lot?

Trying to gage what caliber of player he will be here. Would “Josh Wright” level be a fair expectation for those who’ve seen him a lot?
i think he was rated 4 stars. What was Josh?

I only saw him once really in person and Buddy dominated him in the Sectional Finals. Granted that was 4 years ago at this point.

i think he was rated 4 stars. What was Josh?
Josh was rated near the top 50. Definitely was overrated there, but he was an adequate rotation player as a Junior - and would’ve been as a senior if he had lasted.

He was the best we had, and he had his moments. Didn’t improve this year though, and we had someone better.

Hooefully can make a leap next year, but can’t say I’m expecting too much.

No Hughes or Kadary means he’s going to have to be way better and way more consistent next year.
My thought process to convince myself Joe is going to be the starter we need next season:

Everyone sucked at the beginning of the year because of the first pause

Then Joe himself got covid and apparently it kicked his ass. Fair excuse.

He played very well in the first weekend of the tournament, 12 7 and 6 is awesome.

Just tell yourself that the Joe from that weekend is closer to the real Joe than pause/covid positive Joe. Some mental gymnastics are required but it’s worth it for the optimism. I am admittedly a Joe fan, so it’s easier, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we can be good with him at the helm if* he is willing to adjust his role.

*A slightly big if but it needs to be done

Josh was rated near the top 50. Definitely was overrated there, but he was an adequate rotation player as a Junior - and would’ve been as a senior if he had lasted.
So graded the same as Kadary

My thought process to convince myself Joe is going to be the starter we need next season:

Everyone sucked at the beginning of the year because of the first pause

Then Joe himself got covid and apparently it kicked his ass. Fair excuse.

He played very well in the first weekend of the tournament, 12 7 and 6 is awesome.

Just tell yourself that the Joe from that weekend is closer to the real Joe than pause/covid positive Joe. Some mental gymnastics are required but it’s worth it for the optimism. I am admittedly a Joe fan, so it’s easier, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we can be good with him at the helm if* he is willing to adjust his role.

*A slightly big if but it needs to be done

joe is a decent player. Hes just not kadary and shouldnt have started over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom