Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The realistic hair splits we are taking about are 4-6 minutes a game. I’d prefer he played them but candidly The Athletic article quotes really soured me.
I’d say 10 mpg.

And he should’ve been the primary ball handler 100% of the time that he was in the game like Ennis and Flynn were. We used him like he was Frank Howard. I thought he was underutilized all year long and it made no sense to me. Guess it didn’t make sense to him either.

it was still in bad form to scream at the kid for taking a wide open three. I mean I understand coaching kids hard as well as anyone but that's messed up and who can blame any kid for saying see ya over stuff like that.

He'll be coached up no matter where he goes and probably wont be berated for taking an open shot when other guys on the team - Joe - can jack up wild off balance 30 footers and not even get a look.
When did he do that? He was shooting (and making) open 3s later in the season.

Nobody seems to remember how/why Kadary ended up at Syracuse to begin with. It was a last-minute decision after UConn signed Andre Jackson. He obviously started to regret that decision fairly quickly upon actually playing for JB, judging by his comments to the Athletic (he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut). He wasn't a fit for what JB wanted out of him.
He always wanted to play for Cuse. We were his dream school and he loved Melo. He walked into his high school coaches office as a sophomore and told him he wanted to play for Syracuse and then made it happen. Griff had been recruiting him and when Jackson chose UConvicts, he was able to offer him, and Kadary jumped. That’s what bums me out. We shouldn’t have lost him to a transfer. There’s no excuse.

Last edited:
He actually said that Buddy and Girard were better defensive guards than Kadary with a straight face. That is delusional.

makes me wonder if there were more sinister motives than pure incompetence in favoring Joe over Kadary

How ‘bout Woody? The silent assassin convinced everyone to move on and then walks into a starting role.

Talk about dumb like a fox... Dude had the master plan from jump.

I'm gonna hit the brakes, and they'll fly right by

In one thread you have people saying they would take our season over Illinois because we made it one more round then them. And then in another thread we have people saying Michigan’s year wasn’t much better because they only went one more round then us.

Its actually funny how people spin things. I don’t understand what being a blind loyalist does. It’s okay to have an opinion on something and still be a fanatic for a team. Too many people can’t seem to fathom that bad things can happen. It’s not always oranges.

If Kadary had stayed, I'd say without hesitation that Syracuse's fan base customer satisfaction score (specifically as it relates to THIS season) would have been higher than that of both Ohio State and Illinois fans.

How fondly do you recall the '90-'91 season?

There is nothing blind about my loyalty. In actuality, I am quite frustrated with my alma mater, and specifically the athletic dept., for very personal reasons. Tested me to the limit of my fandom.

And .. as I said in an earlier post, the entire CBB industry is undergoing tectonic change, and we all know this program is about to have its largest upheaval in its 100+ year history. Whether that's next year or 3 years from now is irrelevant. JB is navigating extremely turbulent waters - and his old school mentality and his stubborn approach are probably not the best toolset to deal with it, however, in the larger scheme of things - it doesn't matter, because in a way, however he handles the program right now is irrelevant to whether and how SU emerges under the next regime. That is going to come down to Wildhack and the supporting cast at the university with the next hire. So, so much more important to the future than whatever currently has got everyone's panties in a bunch.

I wish Kadary had stayed, but conceding there are other people out there with more info. than me (like the coach and the AD) - and trusting them to be good stewards over the program makes a lot more sense to me than screaming over and over again that the house is on fire.

I’d say 10 mpg.

And he should’ve been the primary ball handler 100% of the time that he was in the game like Ennis and Flynn were. We used him like he was Frank Howard. I thought he was underutilized all year long and it made no sense to me. Guess it didn’t make sense to him either.

If he's going to FSU and their beloved deep rotations that could be an issue. (I have in fairness no clue on their roster next season)

It wasn't that long ago we used to bang our heads against the ball that we didn't have multiple guys that could be the lead ball handler or at least capable. This past season we actually did.

If he's going to FSU and their beloved deep rotations that could be an issue. (I have in fairness no clue on their roster next season)

It wasn't that long ago we used to bang our heads against the ball that we didn't have multiple guys that could be the lead ball handler or at least capable. This past season we actually did.
I don’t think we did. I think we had one.

Joe can handle backup PG duties ok, but that’s about it. He’s a secondary ball handler, IMO.

I don’t think we did. I think we had one.

Joe can handle backup PG duties ok, but that’s about it. He’s a secondary ball handler, IMO.
PG is going to destroy us until it’s upgraded again.

We are going to have to find a point forward so we can have the shooting guard backcourt we currently have and have ball handling support.

Next season I would press us the entire game when Joe was playing PG.
Just ball pressure, ball pressure,
Ball pressure.

Watch what would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online