Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his too. And in most Syracuse and every non Syracuse college b-ball fan that I know, that have texted me throughout the year(Bonnies, Maryland, Duke, etc) - ie “what is Boeheim doing with Kadary?”
Doesn't KR know the history at SU? Surely past players like MCW, Dion, even back to Sherman all paid their dues. I think KR would have developed into a great player here, like others before him.

The quotes in the Athletic are troubling though. The 'freedom' thing.

Why can't Kadary come back? If his 2 freshman friends see the light, he might as well. Coach Boeheim went out of his way to especially thank him publicly, that's coming from a all time great coach. He can still offer him the starting job and a big role. He isn't getting huge offers from big time programs and that is still available to him at Syracuse. Rerecruit him.

Doesn't KR know the history at SU? Surely past players like MCW, Dion, even back to Sherman all paid their dues. I think KR would have developed into a great player here, like others before him.

I think he would’ve done great here next year. It’s unfortunate.

PG is going to destroy us until it’s upgraded again.

We are going to have to find a point forward so we can have the shooting guard backcourt we currently have and have ball handling support.

Next season I would press us the entire game when Joe was playing PG.
Just ball pressure, ball pressure,
Ball pressure.

Watch what would happen.
Yup. We wouldn’t be able to function.

Technically he still can come back just because he entered the portal.

Not sure that’ll be the case with him, although it sounds like his only option is Florida State but things change quickly.

wish him well, if he changes his mind and decides to stay, then great for us. But really really doubt that happens

Why can't Kadary come back? If his 2 freshman friends see the light, he might as well. Coach Boeheim went out of his way to especially thank him publicly, that's coming from an all time great coach. He can still offer him the starting job and a big role. He isn't getting huge offers from big time programs and that is still available to him at Syracuse. Rerecruit him.
His peeps need to rethink their position, he would be playing on a top 5-10 team. That's a lot of limelight.

In his too. And in most Syracuse and every non Syracuse college b-ball fan that I know, that have texted me throughout the year(Bonnies, Maryland, Duke, etc) - ie “what is Boeheim doing with Kadary?”
I think back to how well he treated Tyler Ennis. I think the quote was something like, “I don’t even talk to him” during the games because he was so good and such a perfect PG and didn’t make many mistakes. I know Kadary made some mistakes here and there, but why couldn’t he have treated Richmond like Ennis and given him the keys to the car to run the show at PG, at least by January when he had proved himself? I totally understand not wanting to shake Joe’s confidence by pulling him as the starter mid-season. But he’s done it in the past, and if it was gonna help you win games and hold onto the better PG, I think you have to do it. He did increase Kadary’s minutes throughout the season and Kadary was in during crunch time of most games, until the injury slowed him a bit at the end of the season. But with the rule change coming, you have to be concerned about him transferring, so you have to do everything you can to keep him. You foster an honest and open relationship with him during the season (especially one where everyone is so isolated) and you work to earn his trust. And certainly after the season ends, you tell him that you expect him to be the starting PG next season. Ugh, Boeheim is just never gonna adapt to the new realities of CBB.

I think back to how well he treated Tyler Ennis. I think the quote was something like, “I don’t even talk to him” during the games because he was so good and such a perfect PG and didn’t make many mistakes. I know Kadary made some mistakes here and there, but why couldn’t he have treated Richmond like Ennis and given him the keys to the car to run the show at PG, at least by January when he had proved himself? I totally understand not wanting to shake Joe’s confidence by pulling him as the starter mid-season. But he’s done it in the past, and if it was gonna help you win games and hold onto the better PG, I think you have to do it. He did increase Kadary’s minutes throughout the season and Kadary was in during crunch time of most games, until the injury slowed him a bit at the end of the season. But with the rule change coming, you have to be concerned about him transferring, so you have to do everything you can to keep him. You foster an honest and open relationship with him during the season (especially one where everyone is so isolated) and you work to earn his trust. And certainly after the season ends, you tell him that you expect him to be the starting PG next season. Ugh, Boeheim is just never gonna adapt to the new realities of CBB.
Would have been fun to see how Kadary did this year with no other PG on the team and players surrounding him like Ennis had.

Why can't Kadary come back? If his 2 freshman friends see the light, he might as well. Coach Boeheim went out of his way to especially thank him publicly, that's coming from a all time great coach. He can still offer him the starting job and a big role. He isn't getting huge offers from big time programs and that is still available to him at Syracuse. Rerecruit him.
I mean, he should be easier to recruit being that he’s sitting on campus right now and probably working out at the Melo Center.

I mean, he should be easier to recruit being that he’s sitting on campus right now and probably working out at the Melo Center.
Perfect. Nothing has transpired or been said that burned any bridges. He would be welcomed back with open arms by everyone.

I truly feel bad for Joe. I don’t know the kid personally but he’s in an impossible situation now. Unless he has an all acc type year half the fan base, likely far more, may unfairly resent his career.

no accounting for aholes

Don’t give me hope

Don’t give me hope
download (17).jpg

He started playing favorites and not who actually earned the playing time. If you dont hold everyone to the same standards then its time to retire .

I was shocked when I read those quotes from Kadary.

I have never heard of a player leaving the Syracuse basketball program because he needed more freedom. I think it is general knowledge that JB gives his players a lot more freedom than almost any coach at the college level.

Not sure if Kadary is naive, doesn't understand how coaches operate at this level or just said something that he thought would sound good (where the real reason he is leaving is playing time).

The troubling thing to me is that Kadary and JB apparently had a disagreement about how much he shot the ball.

As the season progressed, Kadary looked for his shot a lot more. The last 10 games or so he played, his assist totals dropped dramatically.

I asked this question before. Why? At this point, I wonder if he had decided by that point to leave and focused on scoring so he would be more attractive to other schools.

If he's going to FSU and their beloved deep rotations that could be an issue. (I have in fairness no clue on their roster next season)

It wasn't that long ago we used to bang our heads against the ball that we didn't have multiple guys that could be the lead ball handler or at least capable. This past season we actually did.

not to completely change the subject (sorry), but I see your beloved Nats had 5 players test positive.

I was shocked when I read those quotes from Kadary.

I have never heard of a player leaving the Syracuse basketball program because he needed more freedom. I think it is general knowledge that JB gives his players a lot more freedom than almost any coach at the college level.

Not sure if Kadary is naive, doesn't understand how coaches operate at this level or just said something that he thought would sound good (where the real reason he is leaving is playing time).

The troubling thing to me is that Kadary and JB apparently had a disagreement about how much he shot the ball.

As the season progressed, Kadary looked for his shot a lot more. The last 10 games or so he played, his assist totals dropped dramatically.

I asked this question before. Why? At this point, I wonder if he had decided by that point to leave and focused on scoring so he would be more attractive to other schools.
I've always thought that something was up with KR. What 18 year old comes into a season out of shape. Even during the season you could tell that he would get winded fairly quickly. My guess is that he wanted to be more of a scorer and then JB told him to play within himself. He didn't like it and that's all folks.

QG improved drastically last season when he played within himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom