Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is not even a weak argument that kadary isnt the better player and jb shouldn't have caved and guaranteed him the starting roll and 35 mpg. arguing the merits of kadary's basketball ability is not even worth the bandwith.
For those that need that sort of thing to be able to tell: the numbers are what they are, and they aren’t close.

there is no strong argument that kadary isnt the better player and jb shouldn't have caved and guaranteed him the starting roll and 35 mpg.

This is what I don't get.

If you think JB made the right decision by starting Joe this year, just say it. Point blank. No one will answer my question on what they think would be who D1 coaches choose between Kadary and Joe.

If you think JGIII is a better PG than Kadary, just say it.

If not, what are we doing here? Let's let it rest and admit that we let the more talented PG walk because JGIII is going to be the PG.

If I had gotten trashed by my coach and treated like Kadary did, I would have lit him up like the Fourth of July on my way out. Want to know why? Because no one cares outside of us if JB gets hit for being a jerk.

Another P5 team would still take him and the NBA would still want him. They wouldn't and don't care about JB's feelings.

Last edited:
Time to change my profile pic I guess. KR was my favorite player to watch on this team and sad to see him leave. Wish him much success!

Lifelong fan of Cuse basketball and much respect JB for a stellar career but if my son was a 4 or 5 star guard I would steer him away from our squad until a new coach takes the reins.

Time to change my profile pic I guess. KR was my favorite player to watch on this team and sad to see him leave. Wish him much success!

Lifelong fan of Cuse basketball and much respect JB for a stellar career but if my son was a 4 or 5 star guard I would steer him away from our squad until a new coach takes the reins.
Noted.

[

This is sad, man. I type on an iPad while working and was off by 1 shot. No reason to discuss any further with you.

I hope you enjoy the drinks with the Girard family this year.

Do you think Kadary is better than Joe Girard at PG?
No.

I loved Kadary as a player. I was really excited when he committed here and very sad to see him leave Syracuse.

That said, he is not a perfect player. No one is. He did some great things while he was here and he did some bad things too. Mostly good. No doubt in my mind he would have won the starting position at PG had he stayed and there is a good chance he could have developed into an all conference type player.

I wish him well. I hope whatever the knee issue he had (tendonitis I guess) gets better and he is able to play at 100% the rest of his career. The injury might be the biggest factor in his diminished play down the stretch of the season. It surely played a role.

I just floated a possible factor in why his style of play changed as the season progressed. If you can't or don't want to acknowledge the changes (blocks, steals, rebounds and assists all went down a lot), that is fine.

Part of the reason is probably level of competition.

Part is probably his health.

Part might be infighting with the HC that affected him.

I hope he does well wherever he ends up and I hope he is able to play at 100% next season.

My favorite thing about this thread is the 3 whiners who have at one point said they were “done” with the thread that are still currently posting. Pulling some tricks out of the CR toolkit.

Nicely done.
over the guys twisting themselves into a pretzel to explain why JB handled everything perfectly and that this is actually a GREAT thing?

Cmon. I don’t believe you.

The guy got on me for giving “anecdotal evidence” and then wants to talk about how playing the crappy PG over the good one was all part of some genius master plan.

Amazing.
I’m almost always on the same page as you, DW. But I don’t think Joe is a “crappy” PG. He’s just not as good as Kadary and not as much of a natural in that spot and certainly doesn’t have the upside that Kadary has.

Last edited:
over the guys twisting themselves into a pretzel to explain why JB handled everything perfectly and that this is actually a GREAT thing?

Cmon. I don’t believe you.
I like Nate but he appreciates the loyalty of JB to the area so he won’t ever say anything critical.
I try to make my criticism as if we are pretending we are still a pillar of college basketball.
When you accept we aren’t then the disappointment subsides.

The moderator responding to Chugg is basically IMO rationalizing that the status quo isn’t going to change. Our roster will not compete for a conference top 4/ national top 25 with Joe Girard as the starting PG and getting the bulk of the minutes.
The kid isn’t good enough for that role.

It sucks for people who accept this to be likely.
Those who don’t can spin to fit the narrative we will be fine.

We won’t suck with JB but we are a plucky squad whom won’t be a conference or national contender but can go on a run in the tournament if we get hot.

One thing I haven’t heard about with him is his parents. The Athletic did a

I’m almost always on the same page as you, DW. But I don’t think Joe is a “crappy” PG. He’s just not as good as Kadary and not as much of a natural in that spot and certainly doesn’t have the upside that Kadary has.
I think Joe is a pretty decent SG. I don’t like him as the main PG without another ball handler or two (Hughes, Marek, Kadary) out there with him. That situation sounds pretty scary against a team that gets after it and pressures well on defense. Hope I’m wrong. And hope Symir can take a lot of the load.

I think Joe is a pretty decent SG. I don’t like him as the main PG without another ball handler or two (Hughes, Marek, Kadary) out there with him. That situation sounds pretty scary against a team that gets after it and pressures well on defense. Hope I’m wrong. And hope Symir can take a lot of the load.

yea, hes fine until someone way bigger and faster decides to pressure him

And let's be real. Kadary's assist numbers were partially kept down by frequent missed shots from teammates.

Goodness, with everything being said about Kadary's motor, fitness, coachability, etc. I sure hope no recruits or recruit parents read this board.
Alright, calm down. The vast majority of people here (myself included) are gutted about Kadary leaving, think he’s one of the best guys Cuse has ever lost to transfer, and think he was mishandled by JB. Other people are allowed to push back and try to rationalize why they think JB did what he did or figure out his thinking on the matter (being that we don’t have all the facts). If you can’t tell, they’re a small minority. If recruits parents read this forum, they’d probably be impresed how the fanbase has rallied around Kadary and advocated for him all season over the old Hall of Famer.

True. we’re gonna miss Marek so much as well (any chance he returns?) Honestly, between Marek and Kadary, I think we had two of the best passers in all of college basketball. That passing is gonna be missed next season.

I don’t want Symir taking on any load. We have enough weight issues as it is.

I really like Kadary as a player. He has some flaws in his game (including motor, which isn't always easy to fix), but he's a freshman who can certainly improve. I do think he's a better option at PG than Joe and the minutes probably should have been reflected as such.

However (Stephen A. Smith voice), I think there is an awful lot of handwringing over a guy that averaged 6 points, 3 assists and 2.5 rebounds in 20 minutes per game. Should he have been getting more than 20 minutes per game? Probably. But that's also not token minutes. His per-40 stats really aren't all that different from Joe's:

Kadary Per-40:
12.0 ppg, 5.8 apg, 5.0 rpg, 3.1 spg, 33% from 3, 45% from the field

Joe Per-40:
14.1 ppg, 5.1 apg, 4.2 rpg, 2.0 spg 33% from 3, 36% from the field (yeah that last part is bad)

We'll see where he ends up transferring to, but the track record of guys transferring out of Syracuse over the past 20+ years is pretty dismal. Sure, you can argue that he's one of the most talented out of that bunch, but he better do his research to land in a really good situation. If he truly wants to go somewhere that gives him a ton of freedom on offense to do his own thing (presumably at 35+ minutes per game), then I'm just going to assume that won't be at a P5 school.

All well and good, but offensive statistics are only part of the game, and looking at that alone doesn't tell the full picture of a player's worth.

Both the defense and team rebounding improved substantially with Kadary on the floor -- even when he was playing alongside Joe.

So [not directed specifically at you, shandeezy -- you are a poster I respect a lot], when I see people downplaying him "only" being a 6.3 ppg scorer, calling him "Jordan," or trying to justify that Joe is equally as valuable by comparing per-40 stats, it all just seems like rationalization.

Maybe the narrative of “what the hell is this guy talking about/doing here?” was fueled by his “Kadary is out of shape, can’t play more than 20 minutes, can’t shoot, isn’t as good on defense as Joe, +/- from one game to get Pat/5’2 reporter” nonsense comments that he made all season long?
If he thought Kadary wasn’t putting in proper effort, talked to him privately - he’s not above putting a player on blast publicly. That’s not my style - I wouldn’t - but lots and lots of HCs do it

The guy got on me for giving “anecdotal evidence” and then wants to talk about how playing the crappy PG over the good one was all part of some genius master plan.

Amazing.
Playing the sophomore w experience over the true freshman

Using PT as a carrot and employing a “prove you can shoot in practice 1st”

Gradually expanding the kids role as he improved

These are not radical ideas here or in CBB

Gradually expanding the kids role as he improved

These are not radical ideas here or in CBB
playing the sophomore who wasn’t playing better than the freshman. There i corrected it for you.

playing the sophomore who wasn’t playing better than the freshman. There i corrected it for you.
Both played, minutes were trending towards Kadary as he gained experience

One didn’t deserve the minutes after some of his play.
Well, Kadary played very effectively last season and is now in the portal. Do you believe he should demand to start and play 30+ minutes and run the offense how he sees fit with the coaches recruiting him? I'm talking about at major teams, not Seton Hall or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom