Kadary transferring to Seton Hall | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary transferring to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little bit of hyperbole about Seton Hall in this thread. Willard has made 4 tournaments and won 1 tournament game in 11 years.
yes its folks trying to protect themselves since they built up Kadary and then he transferred to a really mediocre program with no national reputation.

good for Kadary and I hope he does well but comparing to Seton hall is a really weird last gasp

Little bit of hyperbole about Seton Hall in this thread. Willard has made 4 tournaments and won 1 tournament game in 11 years.
And doesn’t get dudes drafted. Which is what a kid like Kadary cares about most.

It’s okay to not be happy about the state of our program, I’m not either, but Willard and Seton Hall don’t hold a candle to us in the things that matter.

Do you think it was the NBA that didn't recognize K's talent in that situation?
No, there are enough of their talent scouts on here who know he's destined for the lottery.

College basketball teams trend quickly and can change year after year. What a team did 5 years ago, 10 years ago has nothing to do with tomorrow.

And for the kids that are trying to get to the NBA, it matters zero.

We're conflating what fans care about for program standing versus what the NBA wants. Two totally different worlds.

College basketball teams trend quickly and can change year after year. What a team did 5 years ago, 10 years ago has nothing to do with tomorrow.
Fine, speculate if you want but I’m not going to act like Seton Hall’s a better program than Syracuse just because we’re currently upset with our staff/Head Coach and recruiting.

Wasn't Hall ranked 15th just last year? When was the last time we cracked the Top 25?
This isn't a decision that factors in Seton Hall history for the past 30 years. Kadary will be there for no more than 3 more years—that's the range of time he has to deal with. He goes 'home,' he obviously didn't like something about his situation with us, and he has more confidence in the SH situation, whether right or wrong—there's no way to know. All he can trust is what he has already experienced.

I wish him luck, hope he kills it in Jersey, and thrives in the NBA.

How dare you. This is a time for feelings. Not reality.
We do?

We win a couple of games and then get steamrolled and have literally zero chance to win it all.

19-13 forever! Glad you’re enjoying it. I want better.
we went to the final 4 just five years ago.

Must have missed out blowout loss to SH

It is a very interesting destination considering the Taurean circumstances.

I think that was a unique circumstance with Taurean's mental illness and mom situation. Kadary will be fine.

He wants to win a NC not be a plucky team that can win some postseason games but not be a threat to win it all.

Like Syracuse used to behave.
Nah he wants to bitch and moan every step of the way like a petulant child.

Seton Hall will be 4 deep at least at PG. Maybe there is a backdoor connection to Mrs Thompson somehow.. who knows.
This is why the playing time issue doesn’t hold any water. They just brought in a star PG transfer from American U, have two other point guards on the roster, plus several shooting guards including 5th year senior Myles Cale. And Kadary was worried about not being able to pass Joe freakin Girard as the starter?!? I don’t think so. What is the real deal here? What exactly went down? Every team needs at least 3 good guards on the roster. either JB and the staff blew it with the kid or Kooks is an unhappy little camper who never gave Cuse a real shot. Btw, he never made any announcement about transferring and never bothered to thank all the Syracuse fans who cheered for and supported him.

from the Nj.com article:
Greenberg pointed to newly-minted national champion Baylor and said you can never have enough experienced, talented guards in college basketball. Baylor had five really good guards and wings who helped them dominate Gonzaga, 86-70, on Monday night.

“If you have good kids and you trust each other a little bit, you gotta have guys who can make plays,” he said. “You can never have enough floor-gamers.”

Last edited:
Wasn't Hall ranked 15th just last year? When was the last time we cracked the Top 25?
This isn't a decision that factors in Seton Hall history for the past 30 years. Kadary will be there for no more than 3 more years—that's the range of time he has to deal with. He goes 'home,' he obviously didn't like something about his situation with us, and he has more confidence in the SH situation, whether right or wrong—there's no way to know. All he can trust is what he has already experienced.

I wish him luck, hope he kills it in Jersey, and thrives in the NBA.

We literally just ended this past season ranked in the Top 25 (@ 25th).

Fine, speculate if you want but I’m not going to act like Seton Hall’s a better program than Syracuse just because we’re currently upset with our staff/Head Coach and recruiting.
Nobody is saying that they’re better, haven’t heard that once on here.

This is why the playing time issue doesn’t hold any water. They just brought in a PG transfer from American U, have two other point guards on the roster, plus several shooting guards including 5th year senior Myles Cale. And Kadary was worried about not being able to pass Girard as the starter??!? I don’t think so. What is the real deal here? What exactly went down? Every team needs at least 3 good guards on the roster. either JB and the staff blew it with the kid or Kooks is an unhappy little camper who never gave Cuse a real shot. Btw, he never made any announcement about transferring and never bothered to thank all the Syracuse fans who cheered for supported him.

from the Nj.com article:
Greenberg pointed to newly-minted national champion Baylor and said you can never have enough experienced, talented guards in college basketball. Baylor had five really good guards and wings who helped them dominate Gonzaga, 86-70, on Monday night.

“If you have good kids and you trust each other a little bit, you gotta have guys who can make plays,” he said. “You can never have enough floor-gamers.”

Didn't he say it was style of play/what he was allowed to do that drove him to transfer?

I think that aligns with the situation at Seton Hall if he'll have more freedom. And, yes, Baylor just showed what can be done (and maybe what should be done) with the guard rotation/usage.

Today lol but I get what you’re saying. Depending on the decisions of Q and Griff as well as another transfer we very well could be back all year next year (which is what a lot of these insane early top 25 rankings are showing).

This is why the playing time issue doesn’t hold any water. They just brought in a star PG transfer from American U, have two other point guards on the roster, plus several shooting guards including 5th year senior Myles Cale. And Kadary was worried about not being able to pass Joe freakin Girard as the starter?!? I don’t think so. What is the real deal here? What exactly went down? Every team needs at least 3 good guards on the roster. either JB and the staff blew it with the kid or Kooks is an unhappy little camper who never gave Cuse a real shot. Btw, he never made any announcement about transferring and never bothered to thank all the Syracuse fans who cheered for supported him.

from the Nj.com article:

I mentioned that part about his exit before. I've been critical and with good reason in my opinion of the program, coaching and development but this just felt like a relationship that maybe never had a chance. It was an out of the blue commitment to boot. We have to move on. We aren't dead as a program with the recent additions at all. Some are going to hang onto this for the next 5 years and so be it. I'm over it.

Last edited:
Seton Hall is a big time commuter campus with not a big social scene. Rumor was Kadary was having trouble because of the lack of social scene on campus due to Covid - interesting
So he left because of a lack of social scene for a school with not a big social scene. It all makes perfect sense to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom