Kadary | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 10 games, here are the times and scores when Kadary first checked into the game:
  • 1/6 vs Pitt - 12:48 1st H - 17-6, SU (+11)
  • 1/9 vs Gtown - 11:10 1st H - 16-16 tie (0)
  • 1/12 @ UNC - 11:43 1st H - 16-15, UNC (-1)
  • 1/16 @ Pitt - 10:30 1st H - 15-9, SU (+6)
  • 1/19 vs Miami - 13:10 1st H - 11-2, Miami (-9)
  • 1/23 vs VaTech - 11:00 1st H - 15-13, SU (+2)
  • 1/25 @ UVa - 12:42 1st H - 14-6, UVa (-8)
  • 1/31 vs NC St - 11:28 1st H - 20-19, SU (+1)
  • 2/6 @ Clemson - 14:20 1st H - 15-5, Clemson (-10)
  • 2/9 @ NC St - 12:11 1st H - 16-14, NC St (-2)

It goes deeper than the stats but the biggest thing starting him can do is prevent our opponents from getting into the flow early. When Kadary is in, there is a constant threat and concern of deflections, steals and difficulty making an entry pass. Also the threat of getting a jumpshot blocked. It's similar a shotblocker when driving the paint. Without him and without Sidibe, there is no threat defensively to start the game. So while you might give up points because of our offense, you know that you can get some good looks without a great deal of resistance vs our current starters. If you have to start a game dealing with a challenge on both ends it can alter the entire trajectory of the game and makes things much harder as game pressure picks up. Every game this year teams have gotten some good looks early on with mixed results but the fact they get them means every team we play knows this and looks to get out of the gate strong to take advantage of getting their shooters going.

It is amazing how much better we are with Kadary out there. I think we saw a little bit of a changing of the guard today, Kadary correct me if I’m wrong played more than Joe today? Also significantly outplayed him.

The real scary part about Kadary is how good he is right now and he has so much to work on still. What he is good at right now, like playmaking/passing, defense, transition, etc is ELITE. Now he still needs to play a lot more aggressive, he needs to find a jumpshot, as well as a few more things but he’s this good now, wait until he actually gets the keys to offense, becomes more aggressive and has a serviceable jumper...yeah watch out.

I’ll go on record saying I think by the time he leaves here he’ll be compared to MCW (obvious comparison) but I think he’ll actually be better than MCW.

He has the same length as MCW, I actually think he plays the top of the zone BETTER than MCW (which is crazy) I think they are both ELITE playmakers. I think Kadary is a little more controlled and less frantic with the ball than MCW was. Now if Kadary can find a serviceable jumper for next year, like MCW had his Sophomore year...Kadary will not be wearing Orange his junior year. If he has a serviceable jumper and Boeheim plays him 30+ minutes next season I’ll go on record saying Kadary is a top 10 pick after next season.

I think JB will have no choice but to start Kadary and play him 30+ next season. He will be our best player next year (actually think Benny Williams will be our second best player next year too). Also Kadary is just oooooozing potential this season and if he taps into some of that next season watch out...and with Girard, I hate to say it but he’s reached his ceiling. You know what you are gonna get out of him and there’s not much more he can do to get way better than he already is. He’s not Uber athletic, he’s really a shooter, can work on his ball handling and playmaking ability a bit but other than that he can’t get much better than he already is in most areas, I just don’t think he’s physically capable, as in he just doesn’t have the intangibles/body/athleticism as someone like Kadary if that makes sense

Kadary should start for the basketball team and I don’t really care which current starter loses out.
I’m so over this debate. Kadary is great. But I don’t care if he starts anymore. I just want him to play at least 30mpg and be in at the end of most games. It feels like JB realizes that and is moving in that direction. Thankfully.

I’m so over this debate. Kadary is great. But I don’t care if he starts anymore. I just want him to play at least 30mpg and be in at the end of most games. It feels like JB realizes that and is moving in that direction. Thankfully.

for real, its kind of funny though that jb ripped the general consensus of the fan base, but then is trending that way. i suppose you dont need 40 years of coaching experience to see this one.

How in the hell did the stat dorks come up with 3 steals for Kadary??? I had him for 5 in the 1ST HALF!!

I just watched the game on DVR ... he had 3 consecutive steals near the end of the first half alone .. and a couple more after .. these weren’t steals where there was some possible ambiguity as to who should be credited ... these were Madoff type thefts

for real, its kind of funny though that jb ripped the general consensus of the fan base, but then is trending that way. i suppose you dont need 40 years of coaching experience to see this one.

Good thing it’s an 82 game season so we still have a lot of time for him to really figure it out

Best talent we have had in a very long time. He makes the team exponentially better. The pressure he puts on a defense cant be understated. He demands attention. Once he finds his jumper, which he will watch out.

The minutes were
Buddy 35
Kadary 25
Joe 20 and in the postgame JB decided he wanted to let the fanbase know he doesn’t care what we think when he finally did most of what the fanbase wanted.
Kadary got more minutes than Joe.
While playing injured and not having fatigue completely wipe the kid out after playing 5 more minutes than 20.

It’s the comments from JB’s mouth like that stuff that prevents me from shutting up. He can’t ever just not want to fight. Well guess what Jim you were wrong Kadary wasn’t playing a lot before. You listened to the other side noise and gave Kadary more minutes. Maybe stop trying to start fights and realize fans just want to win as well.

all i got to say is--thanks dre

Did us a solid.

IF he comes, we likely don’t get Griffin.
Instead, we’ve now got a gem in Kadary at our position of direst need, instead of a 5th wing player, who night not even get any run
(See: Bras, Woody)

I love watching him play defense. It’s a weird thing to say but he’s so intuitive and it’s interesting to see how he plays certain angles. He’s an intelligent player in the way he attacks offenses. He’s only going to get better.

This guy named himself after Kadary and had the foresight to do it ten years ago.

Admire the dedication.

It is amazing how much better we are with Kadary out there. I think we saw a little bit of a changing of the guard today, Kadary correct me if I’m wrong played more than Joe today? Also significantly outplayed him.

The real scary part about Kadary is how good he is right now and he has so much to work on still. What he is good at right now, like playmaking/passing, defense, transition, etc is ELITE. Now he still needs to play a lot more aggressive, he needs to find a jumpshot, as well as a few more things but he’s this good now, wait until he actually gets the keys to offense, becomes more aggressive and has a serviceable jumper...yeah watch out.

I’ll go on record saying I think by the time he leaves here he’ll be compared to MCW (obvious comparison) but I think he’ll actually be better than MCW.

He has the same length as MCW, I actually think he plays the top of the zone BETTER than MCW (which is crazy) I think they are both ELITE playmakers. I think Kadary is a little more controlled and less frantic with the ball than MCW was. Now if Kadary can find a serviceable jumper for next year, like MCW had his Sophomore year...Kadary will not be wearing Orange his junior year. If he has a serviceable jumper and Boeheim plays him 30+ minutes next season I’ll go on record saying Kadary is a top 10 pick after next season.

I think JB will have no choice but to start Kadary and play him 30+ next season. He will be our best player next year (actually think Benny Williams will be our second best player next year too). Also Kadary is just oooooozing potential this season and if he taps into some of that next season watch out...and with Girard, I hate to say it but he’s reached his ceiling. You know what you are gonna get out of him and there’s not much more he can do to get way better than he already is. He’s not Uber athletic, he’s really a shooter, can work on his ball handling and playmaking ability a bit but other than that he can’t get much better than he already is in most areas, I just don’t think he’s physically capable, as in he just doesn’t have the intangibles/body/athleticism as someone like Kadary if that makes sense
Let’s stop with the hyperbole. I agree with most of your message but to go on record as saying Kadary will go top 10 in the 2022 NBA draft is ridiculous. You need to leave your Syracuse bubble. Have you looked at the 2022 NBA draft and seen how deep it is? Do you realize just how good you have to be just to be the12th man on an NBA roster? Not discounting foreign players who seem to come out of nowhere. Joe and Buddy can be serviceable college players and can improve their games just like Kadary can. We don't need to pit the three against each other or make disparaging comments about them as many on here do. We will need all three to play well to make the tournament. Kadary can be a very good college player but I'll go on record and say that there is no way that he will be a top ten draft pick in 2022.

Let’s stop with the hyperbole. I agree with most of your message but to go on record as saying Kadary will go top 10 in the 2022 NBA draft is ridiculous. You need to leave your Syracuse bubble. Have you looked at the 2022 NBA draft and seen how deep it is? Do you realize just how good you have to be just to be the12th man on an NBA roster? Not discounting foreign players who seem to come out of nowhere. Joe and Buddy can be serviceable college players and can improve their games just like Kadary can. We don't need to pit the three against each other or make disparaging comments about them as many on here do. We will need all three to play well to make the tournament. Kadary can be a very good college player but I'll go on record and say that there is no way that he will be a top ten draft pick in 2022.
I agree, we should keep our disparaging remarks to eachother. By the way, you dress badly.

Best talent we have had in a very long time. He makes the team exponentially better. The pressure he puts on a defense cant be understated. He demands attention. Once he finds his jumper, which he will watch out.
You can see at the FT line that he has good touch. He'll shoot better from 3 next year if JB gives him the green light to shoot from there. I always say 50% of shooting is confidence.

Hey never said it’s for certain but if he starts tapping into the potential and gets better with the things I mentioned, get back to me in 2022 because I will agree to disagree

You can see at the FT line that he has good touch. He'll shoot better from 3 next year if JB gives him the green light to shoot from there. I always say 50% of shooting is confidence.

You can also see a MAJOR hitch in his FT shot.

Now - it goes in a decent %, but that's still not ideal.

I'm of the mindset that Kadary is the second most important player on the team, behind Quincy. Yesterday's game convinced me of that. Kid impacts the game in so many ways even when he isn't scoring -- defense, rebounding, tempo, steals that turn into run out opportunities that we've lacked for the last several years, etc.

Happy that JB didn't rip him from the game when he had those two consecutive turnovers, and let him play through them.

That pass to Marek on the baseline... incredible. And it isn't flashy, he just makes plays.

I'm of the mindset that Kadary is the second most important player on the team, behind Quincy. Kid impacts the game in so many ways even when he isn't scoring -- defense, rebounding, tempo, steals that turn into run out opportunities that we've lacked for the last several years, etc.

Yesterday's game convinced me of that. Happy that JB didn't rip him from the game when he had those two consecutive turnovers, and let him play through them.

That pass to Marek on the baseline... incredible. And it isn't flashy, he just makes plays.
He has an incredible ability to make the pass at the last possible instant.

He has an incredible ability to make the pass at the last possible instant.

He's a true lead guard. He is already really adept at using his body to freeze defenders or pull someone towards him, then deliver the pass to someone in scoring position. You know why? Because he's been a point guard his whole life, and he sees the floor like an actual lead guard.

Such a refreshing change from some combo that we're trying to convert, like Frank.

Huge for Kadary that he got to play through it.

JB also had it in his hands at the end of the game.

Who knows what will happen, but that sure felt like the passing of the lead guard role... One can hope.

IMO, the three things Kadary has to work on just a bit:
1) He gets his guy in the lane and he has size advantage, he has to start learning how to do the one-handed shot that Kawhi does in the lane when he has an advantage. It's not a bad look now for Kadary, but if he could make it a little more frequently, he would cook there and prob get fouled.

2) When he's got a 1 on 1 to attack, he has to go to the rim aggressively. Saw it on the steal and then him trying the behind the back pass to AG. He's got to go up and go up strong there. He's better than these guys and has to take advantage.

3) Less so for Kadary, but the guys on the floor have to be ready for passes from Kadary. The behind the back pass should have been caught and laid in, but that was still an iffy decision. However, AG wasn't even paying attention to another pass from Kadary to him on the baseline that he just totally missed.

The thing I really enjoy is it seems like the guys are starting to get more comfortable getting the ball back to Kadary if a set is blown up or just stopped in its tracks. They seem to be gaining confidence that he can run it back/reset and those guys will get the ball back from KR once he starts the new play.

Status
Not open for further replies.