Kaleb Joseph to transfer to Creighton | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph to transfer to Creighton

17.jpg

Omaha?

Omaha is little like "Mystery Alaska" without the hockey.

Donnie Shulzhoffer: Hey, you know where a guy can get a rub and a tug around here?

But here's the best quote from the movie:

'Skank' Marden: I play hockey and I fornicate, 'cause those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather.

orangenirvana said:
The "corpse of the Big East" is home of the current national champions. That's some corpse...

This is fun. They may have the current national champs, but that's not the Big East.

Creighton should be pretty good this year. They return 3 of their top 4 scorers, and add Foster's career 14ppg. Cole Huff really came on down the stretch as a scorer for them, too. They have a 6'11" kid (Justin Patton) that redshirted that was a top 25-50 or so recruit in the 2015 class. With a very solid nucleus and a good coach, I think they'll be one of the top 3-4 teams in the BE after Nova and X. Seton Hall could be very solid again with Marquette improving too.

I'm not trying to aggravate anyone, and I realize the nba drafts on potential, but I don't understand why any nba team would draft Malicai Richardson at this point. Other than The UVA game and a few early in the year I thought he was very average, don't get me wrong, I like his style and confidence, but seriously 2 or 3 good games doesn't translate to nba. Every thread seems to go off on the MR tangent, he will either be back or he won't, I personally think he will be back.

I'm not trying to aggravate anyone, and I realize the nba drafts on potential, but I don't understand why any nba team would draft Malicai Richardson at this point. Other than The UVA game and a few early in the year I thought he was very average, don't get me wrong, I like his style and confidence, but seriously 2 or 3 good games doesn't translate to nba. Every thread seems to go off on the MR tangent, he will either be back or he won't, I personally think he will be back.
wrong thread, homie

Yeah, wrong thread. My hockey comment was just as relevant. Anyway, I did not think CMAC would get drafted. In today's draft, it's not just what they did but what they are capable of doing.

Back to this thread, I'm happy for Joseph. I hope he gets all the PT he needs and is as successful there as G was here. It's all good.

Irony.

It's "strong" to your point. But compared to the ACC, it's just not even close. Outside of this year's Villanova run, the conference's performance in the NCAA tournament has been awful. You can't be "great" without results to back it up. It's a group of smaller schools that lack resources and options, and the Big East brand is giving the conference a historical cache that it hasn't earned.

That's a little unfair. There are good programs in the Big East. If they could have figured out a way to get UConn, they would have been a very good conference. As it is, they have some quality schools and are probably the "best" non-P5 conference. So let's be fair.

That's a little unfair. There are good programs in the Big East. If they could have figured out a way to get UConn, they would have been a very good conference. As it is, they have some quality schools and are probably the "best" non-P5 conference. So let's be fair.
On that subject--

Andy Katz, who certainly has a vested interest in this conversation, makes the point that the whole "Power 5" thing is a football concept; and that the relevant dividing line in hoops is Major vs non-Major conferences. The BE (and maybe the A-10) are more Major than not.

As time passes, the difference in funding may well increase the divide between the P5 and the rest in basketball.

OttoinGrotto said:
Only been to Louisville once, but I can see some similarities. I used to work very closely with the school districts in Omaha and Lincoln. When I found out about that assignment I was bummed, but it became my favorite business trip destination and I was out there every 2 or 3 months or so. Good people, nice city. Solid cheese steak place called Pepper Jax.

If we ever moved back that's where we would end up. Love the OTown

SUFan44 said:
I think Creighton is gambling that he can live up to his potential after a year of sitting out. Also, Creighton lost out on a transfer from Sacred Heart who committed to Cincinnati about an hour before Joseph committed. Don't want to speculate too much, but the timing tells me Joseph was option B.

The article CL linked just now suggests just the opposite.

So being the best non-P5 conference qualifies as being "great" now? I hate to focus on semantics but the Big East will never again be a GREAT basketball conference. Solid, nice, competitive, good - sure.

Creighton should be pretty good this year. They return 3 of their top 4 scorers, and add Foster's career 14ppg. Cole Huff really came on down the stretch as a scorer for them, too. They have a 6'11" kid (Justin Patton) that redshirted that was a top 25-50 or so recruit in the 2015 class. With a very solid nucleus and a good coach, I think they'll be one of the top 3-4 teams in the BE after Nova and X. Seton Hall could be very solid again with Marquette improving too.
They're heavy at the guard spots. Good challenge for Kaleb. I watched them about 5 times, and kept up with their box scores all year. I'll be traveling to games next season. Good friends of mine are Ronnie Harrell Jr. parents. He's a 6'7" SG. He has, in the gym range. Should be fun next season.

They're heavy at the guard spots. Good challenge for Kaleb. I watched them about 5 times, and kept up with their box scores all year. I'll be traveling to games next season. Good friends of mine are Ronnie Harrell Jr. parents. He's a 6'7" SG. He has, in the gym range. Should be fun next season.

Kaleb will be sitting out this year after transferring so it will be 2017-2018 before we actually see him playing. Best of luck to Kaleb.

Kaleb will be sitting out this year after transferring so it will be 2017-2018 before we actually see him playing. Best of luck to Kaleb.
Right, didn't mean to imply Kaleb next season, I should've worded that better.

I think this is a great spot for him. Fine school, quality program in a good league, fits their style, gets further away from whatever is in his head, and he's not dropping down to a lesser collegiate division. Personally, I enjoyed seeing him have fun during the tournament, and be a great teammate. He's a good kid and I hope he finds happiness and success.

Creighton is 6th in basketball attendance. They have great support. Xavier, a smaller university also in Cincinatti even beats Cincinatti in support.

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.c...nts/2015/7/8/2015_NCAA_attendance.pdf?id=6695

Support and attendance is one thing. Program prestige & exposure on the big stage is another.

Cincinnati, under Cronin, has been to the NCAA Tournament in each of the last 6 years and advanced to the Sweet 16 in 2012.

Creighton has been three times since McDermott took over, and zero times since his son graduated.

Cincinnati has a much better basketball program than Creighton. I don't think that's really up for much debate to be honest with you.

All that being said, I wish Kaleb nothing but the best and I hope it works out for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom