Kaleb Joseph to transfer to Creighton | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph to transfer to Creighton

You are taking this out of the context of the discussion. This wasn't about "fan-ness". Instead it was about being able to grasp a nuanced logic path that dealt with the relative attractiveness of SU as a destination for a high-quality transfer student next year with or without Malichi.

It was in the same vein as your attempted response here.

Not sure what one has to do with the other, unless you're just saying he's dumb.

Not sure what one has to do with the other, unless you're just saying he's dumb.

Let's put it this way, I was disappointed that a fellow SU grad wouldn't pick up on the logic. Maybe it was too nuanced.

I am actually puzzled as to why I am bothering to explain this to you.

The optimism in his post is almost exactly like a RutgersAl post.

Did you actually go to SU or did you just buy a T-Shirt and decide to become a fan?

If you had to go to SU to be a fan of the team they'd draw about 500 people a game. If there is any team in college basketball that relies on the city they reside as much as Syracuse I'd be shocked.

Another thing to keep in mind about Kaleb is that while he was thrown to the wolves last year, he wasn't starting this year with Mali coming in. Who was he going to start over? G? No. TC? No. Mali? No. I can see why he struggled with confidence between last year and then this years realities.
Mali played forward this year. He could have won the Frank Howard role but couldn't keep his hands up in the zone and made really basic mistakes. I liked the kid but that's the reality.

cuseinseattle said:
Mali played forward this year. He could have won the Frank Howard role but couldn't keep his hands up in the zone and made really basic mistakes. I liked the kid but that's the reality.

Mali started at forward but is a G. G could have played SF but JB wanted his 5 best on the court. The point is if Kaleb was going to start, he had to beat one of them out. After being the unexpected starter to being a bench player no doubt affected his mind set.

They are also 57-49 in their last 7 league seasons. They have been very average. Yes, good for them, they had two miracle runs. That is great for them. But don't confuse their overall blight. They have been a average program for a while. Do I wish we had two titles in that time? Of course. But the future and the present don't belong to them. not playing in that league. And they know it.
They also have 4 Sweet 16's in the last 12 years -- they just os happen to have 3 FF's and 2 titles in that stretch as well. Once they get in the tournament, they're as good as anyone (usually -- they have had plenty of early flameouts) -- but during the regular season they really have been average at best.

Wait a minute.

You aren't suggesting that a reasonable person might not be able to tell which schools are "likely to be in the running" from these that "are not likely to be in the running" in an upcoming year. And that all teams have an equal chance, are you?

Of course there are upsets. But the teams in the Sweet 16 were mostly the usual suspects.

If I am a player who can transfer at Williams or at Brown --- similar to actual players we have seen this year --- and I want to go to the NCAAs and go deep into them, I am not selecting Rutgers or George Mason or any other team that has almost zero chance of going.

Without Malachi, SU is not a likely Sweet 16 candidate in 2017 regardless of your "no one can tell the future" outlook. Get real.

We hear this same thing every year...without x or without y we're getting past the first weekend stuff...I dunno...We seem to reload pretty well most years. Let's see what happens...

Wait a minute.

You aren't suggesting that a reasonable person might not be able to tell which schools are "likely to be in the running" from these that "are not likely to be in the running" in an upcoming year. And that all teams have an equal chance, are you?

Of course there are upsets. But the teams in the Sweet 16 were mostly the usual suspects.

If I am a player who can transfer at Williams or at Brown --- similar to actual players we have seen this year --- and I want to go to the NCAAs and go deep into them, I am not selecting Rutgers or George Mason or any other team that has almost zero chance of going.

Without Malachi, SU is not a likely Sweet 16 candidate in 2017 regardless of your "no one can tell the future" outlook. Get real.

We hear this same thing every year...without x or without y we're getting past the first weekend stuff...I dunno...We seem to reload pretty well most years. Let's see what happens...

They also have 4 Sweet 16's in the last 12 years -- they just os happen to have 3 FF's and 2 titles in that stretch as well. Once they get in the tournament, they're as good as anyone (usually -- they have had plenty of early flameouts) -- but during the regular season they really have been average at best.

This is Uconn since 2009 (they're last truly "elite" regular season), so seven seasons...

Four tourney appearances

One first round loss (2012)

One second round loss (2016)

Two titles (11 and 14)

Buss showed more than KJ.
Agree that you are wrong on that part of it. I think Buss was brought in because someone lost a bet. He had zero bball accumen and was the least talented offensive guard to be part of this program, since at least the mid 70's.
He made Paul Harris look like Steph Curry.

This is Uconn since 2009 (they're last truly "elite" regular season), so seven seasons...

Four tourney appearances

One first round loss (2012)

One second round loss (2016)

Two titles (11 and 14)
It really is unique. They moan that they think they should be a "blue blood" but their inconsistency is crazy.

Since 2005 (12 seasons total):
4 times did not make the NCAA's
4 times did not make it out of the 1st weekend (including losses in the 2nd round when they were a 2 seed and a 4 seed)
1 Elite 8
1 Final 4
2 National Titles

Hell, look at their NCAA losses since 2005: #1 Kansas, #8 Iowa State, #2 MSU, #13 San Diego, #11 George Mason, #10 NC State.

We've had our fair share of double digit losses, but let's not act like UConn is unbeatable in March. They've 2 really impressive runs and they get credit for it, but they aren't exactly a 1 seed every year

Would not have thought he'd head out to Creighton, but he gets to play in the corpse of the Big East, so he'll get to play in Providence, at least...

I hope he does really well for them. Good luck Kaleb.

It's a good program in a great conference. Just thought he'd go closer to home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom