Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Btw, I hate to kick ourselves, but just curious. Let's see how Chukwu played. Just started watching, nice dunk from a feed, moved well along the baseline. Deflected a post shot the very next play. Again, can't be too upset about this as we have at least three guys that play Center in 2014 -- Rak, DC2, Chino. None of the three are leaving.

Also, to remember. He is playing against PC hopefuls, not us. No disrespect intended.

1:12
Oooooof, Kaleb crossover, buries deep shot. He's displayed that crossover a few times already, pretty quick, tight handle.
4:20ish
One handed flush in open court.
To be fair, a couple of loose passes thus far, but this is a scrimmage. Guys are competitive, but still, the play is a little opened up right now.
Chukwu has another block.
5:00
Kaleb picks his buddy's pocket, mind to look up and easy dish in the open court to his teammate.
7:20
What I'm only assuming is the play of the game, Kaleb gets the ball out deep, fakes passing to give himself a little more room towards the basket only to alley oop to the same player he originally faked to.
I can't believe that wasn't butter.
7:50ish
Another steal, another easy assist on the break
To this point, Kaleb is the best player on the court. Take our good buddies FriarJ and SJU, get them in a room together with their thinking caps on, and even they would attest to this truth. His team looks to be mauling the competition.
Around 9:15 to 9:20
Kaleb, after an errant 3/4 court alley oop pass (tried to hard there), he makes a nice pass to the SG who dishes to another guy who mucked it up. Still, great thought and something we've seen of TE already. That great pass that leads to another easy dish.
11:00
Draws shooting foul on drive from the left side. No shots. What is this, a Pitt game? Nah, all good. They have been continuing play on shooting fouls for this scrimmage.
Starting to figure out that Chukwu is lost at times. Has made a couple of nice defensive plays, one field goal, but his man is denying him the ball in the post most plays.
11:45
Kaleb passes to the wrong team (almost looks like he thought it was his teammate)
but just picks the guy's pocket right back for at least his third steal.
Kaleb had one more turnover, Chukwu altered a shot.
17:00
Kaleb with another assist on the break.
20:10
Kaleb steals an inbound pass but tough to stay inbound himself, steps out of bounds.
His team has lost a little steam, but I am guessing they are still up at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaleb def best player on the court. Also Chukwu reminds me too much of Sean Williams at times ...

Kaleb def best player on the court. Also Chukwu reminds me too much of Sean Williams at times ...
Yeah, Chukwu has his moments, but a little too raw to step in for us unless he improves a ton. He has to bulk up and/or get a lot tougher on bullies.

Start of second half, Kaleb nice feed to the post but his teammate misses. It looks like they cut this vid short, so probably wrapping up soon. Not sure what happened, but tip at center court looked to be second half. Might not be so. They finally gave someone foul shots.:eek:
41-40 according to the scoreboard, Kaleb's team. But who knows if that score was accurate. After all, they played 1 and 1/7th halfs up in Providence. :)

I don't think honestly anyone has a good handle on Abu and Terrell. I think most feel that PC will be in it till the very end because the staff has been on them so hard. They have not missed a game either of these two have played in 2 years.

Sidiki Johnson is a very nice kid who has some medical issues and I hope it all works out for him.
http://zagsblog.com/articles/abu-terrell-make-the-call/#more-102183
Not good for FriarJ and PC. I don't even want to lurk their board right now.
They miss on KJ, Abu and Terrell but I'm sure find some consolation in Chukwu and Lindsey.
edowd, I'm sure this brightened your day.

Still, have to admit it. The guy is a lot more knowledgeable and better instincts than SJU. He's not delusional.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/abu-terrell-make-the-call/#more-102183
Not good for FriarJ and PC. I don't even want to lurk their board right now.
They miss on KJ, Abu and Terrell but I'm sure find some consolation in Chukwu and Lindsey.
edowd, I'm sure this brightened your day.

Still, have to admit it. The guy is a lot more knowledgeable and better instincts than SJU. He's not delusional.
I get no enjoyment out of their delusions. I feel bad for their mental illness.

Hey, we have to start rooting for PC so they can put the Hoyas in their rightful place (obscurity).

Baby Joseph. Dude's gotta bust out the goggles for his collegiate career!

Attachments

• joseph.jpg
    joseph.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 89
Spin move at the 24 second mark is awesome.
Crossover at 48 second mark was impressive.
Block at 1:52 shocked me.

Overall, looks like he has great court vision and is potentially Jonny Flynn's second coming with the way he takes it directly into contact at the bucket. Thabeet knows what I'm talking about.

He looks good... but he also looks like hes playing against a bunch of me's. Which is equivalent to me playing tw in golf.

He looks good... but he also looks like hes playing against a bunch of me's. Which is equivalent to me playing tw in golf.
Looks like the basketball version of the thud drill in football.

Pretty sure this is old - looks like he's wearing goggles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom