Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

1afa757ee14cedbacaca5b82441a2d48.jpeg
Havent seen a smile like that since Sherm! Something tells me I'm gonna like this kid.

The smile and his eyes are just what you like to see when a person signs...that young man looks very happy to be orange. Welcome to SU Mr. Joseph!

Not that Ennis, MCW or Triche were bad...they clearly were not.

But as the years go on, I appreciate Scoop Jardine's career at Syracuse more and more. He may be one of the most underrated players to come through Cuse.

Saw Joseph up close and personal tonight, center court, three rows off the floor, seated behind UConn head coach Kevin Ollie and assistant Karl Hobbs. I assume they were impressed. Late in the game, while Joseph was on his way to 37 points in a losing but valiant effort (I had him for 35, but I may have been off), Ollie, talking to a guy familiar with the Cushing Academy program, said, "You guys are sending Joseph up to Syracuse. You need to spread the wealth." Joseph is the real deal. He has a great first step, long strides and gets by most defenders with ease. His favorite shot is a 10-12 foot jumper off the dribble just into the lane near the top of the key. He also likes to take it all the way to the hoop, and he does that very well. Joseph doesn't have a great supporting cast (he scored 37 of his team's 67 points tonight), so he doesn't get a lot of his assists because his teammates rarely finish after he makes a good pass. He had maybe three assists tonight, but he should have had six or seven. He's an explosive player and not the turnover machine that I thought I might see. He had only a few turnovers, and that's very good because he handles the ball a lot and carries a heavy load. Joseph is certainly a scorer and will work well with Ennis. But he needs to have the ball and won't be happy or productive unless he's getting a lot of touches. Joseph went up against a team tonight that was bigger and more talented, a team from Spain (Canarias Basketball Academy) whose starting center is going to Louisville and backup center is headed to Pitt. But Joseph was clearly the best player on the floor. He missed six free throws in 15 attempts. That was his biggest flaw. But Syracuse fans are going to love Joseph. He's going to push Cooney and Mike G for playing time right away.

Love this kids work ethic, smile everything about him. If there is two things I want from a pg its one isolation dribble breakdown skills to run a no high post up man offense, and two a midrange pullup, and it sounds like Kaleb will have both as a fresh. Love that video the rise of Kaleb Joseph, Kaleb wants to be the best.

Last edited:
Love this kids work ethic, smile everything about him. If there is two things I want from a pg its one isolation dribble breakdown skills to run a no high post up man offense, and two a midrange pullup, and it sounds like Kaleb will have both as a fresh. Love that video the rise of Kaleb Joseph, Kaleb wants to be the best.
Aloha, DC2!

Saw Joseph up close and personal tonight, center court, three rows off the floor, seated behind UConn head coach Kevin Ollie and assistant Karl Hobbs. I assume they were impressed. Late in the game, while Joseph was on his way to 37 points in a losing but valiant effort (I had him for 35, but I may have been off), Ollie, talking to a guy familiar with the Cushing Academy program, said, "You guys are sending Joseph up to Syracuse. You need to spread the wealth." Joseph is the real deal. He has a great first step, long strides and gets by most defenders with ease. His favorite shot is a 10-12 foot jumper off the dribble just into the lane near the top of the key. He also likes to take it all the way to the hoop, and he does that very well. Joseph doesn't have a great supporting cast (he scored 37 of his team's 67 points tonight), so he doesn't get a lot of his assists because his teammates rarely finish after he makes a good pass. He had maybe three assists tonight, but he should have had six or seven. He's an explosive player and not the turnover machine that I thought I might see. He had only a few turnovers, and that's very good because he handles the ball a lot and carries a heavy load. Joseph is certainly a scorer and will work well with Ennis. But he needs to have the ball and won't be happy or productive unless he's getting a lot of touches. Joseph went up against a team tonight that was bigger and more talented, a team from Spain (Canarias Basketball Academy) whose starting center is going to Louisville and backup center is headed to Pitt. But Joseph was clearly the best player on the floor. He missed six free throws in 15 attempts. That was his biggest flaw. But Syracuse fans are going to love Joseph. He's going to push Cooney and Mike G for playing time right away.
nice report

Trevor is going no where. A 3 year starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom