Kansas, K-State & Misouri to Big East? | Syracusefan.com

Kansas, K-State & Misouri to Big East?

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
There's and interesting article in the New York Post today stating that the Big East is ready to invite Kansas, K-State and Missouri to the Big East if Texas and Oklahoma bolt to the Pac 12. They also discuss the possibility that the ACC could get raided, thereby creating an East Coach Mega Conference. Everyone feels something is going to happen soon.

Hmm, if that is so, do you think we go after the BC, Duke, and NC?

this is no different than what happened last year and is quit expected.

The BE should tell schools like KU, KSU, Missouri,ISU-We have 3 spots. 1st come, 1st serve. All of these are better options than East Carolina and the like.

No way would the BE get Duke and Carolina without NCState...they are the triology of Carolina/ACC rivalries.

I am all for it but then some Basketball only schools will have to go don't ya think?

I could do without DePaul, Providence & Seton Hall. But is a conference allowed to kick out members, has this even happened before? Also ND needs to be all in or all out but that won't happen as long as they have there own TV contract with NBC. But don't even get me started on that.

I am all for it but then some Basketball only schools will have to go don't ya think?

I could do without DePaul, Providence & Seton Hall. But is a conference allowed to kick out members, has this even happened before? Also ND needs to be all in or all out but that won't happen as long as they have there own TV contract with NBC. But don't even get me started on that.

Didn't we kick out Temple?

Didn't we kick out Temple?

Yes we did, but that was largely due...at least in theory...to their very low attendance for football. I honestly don't see us kicking out Depaul and Marquette "just because" and we'd never kick Providence. It would be great if we did, but I don't see us doing it.

The long-predicted football/basketball split would make the most sense.

Yes, we did kick out Temple. But it will be very difficult to kick out two of the league's founding members.

So then we would have what 20 Basketball schools... That would really need to be split into two divisions no?

Nobody is leaving the ACC for the BE unless the ACC gets raided by the SEC or Big10 first. And it's much more likely to be 2-6 BE teams joining the ACC than the other way around.

Why in the world would you ever run ND? They leave and you can forget about worrying about the preservation of the BE.

Someone explain to me why I should be excited about adding K State.

Because they would be the 12 team, a current BCS school, and has been very good at both FB and Hoops at times the last 20 years. Are there better candidates out there?

Yes we did, but that was largely due...at least in theory...to their very low attendance for football. I honestly don't see us kicking out Depaul and Marquette "just because" and we'd never kick Providence. It would be great if we did, but I don't see us doing it.

The long-predicted football/basketball split would make the most sense.

IMO a split would result in a disproportional decrease in the conference media rights. The BE's value proposition is different than the other BCS conferences. The one thing it has that is better than any other BCS conference is basketball. Splitting doesn't improve the value of football and decreases the value of basketball.

So then we would have what 20 Basketball schools... That would really need to be split into two divisions no?

Two ten team divisions playing home and homes. It would make the regular season better. Top 16 make the post season with two 8 team regionals to determine the 8 teams that get to NYC.

There's and interesting article in the New York Post today stating that the Big East is ready to invite Kansas, K-State and Missouri to the Big East if Texas and Oklahoma bolt to the Pac 12. They also discuss the possibility that the ACC could get raided, thereby creating an East Coach Mega Conference. Everyone feels something is going to happen soon.

Much better for us if BE adds good teams. I would add that we need to get Miami back.

You're right, Miami is really a beacon of stability at this point...

I hear what you're saying, but this could be a case of "buying low". Miami will be back. They are a national brand.

Why in the world would you ever run ND? They leave and you can forget about worrying about the preservation of the BE.

This is the absolute truth. Lose ND and you open the floodgates. Keep ND and they have no reason to run to the B10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom