Kansas v k st | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas v k st

My biggest surprise was the lack of help from the police and security. What are they doing at these games if they are not going to help at all in situations like this?

Depends on what their job is defined as in that situation. I don't think they're trained to get involved in altercations between players. If some people get up in the crowd and begin to fight then yes they'd be involved.

Miami was up 31–11 at the 10min mark (and 45-18 at the 5min mark) and got outscored by 18 in the final 30 minutes (26 in the final 25 minutes) They got extremely hot early and held them off for just long enough

So maybe Duke can fall out of the top 10 next Monday?

Depends on what their job is defined as in that situation. I don't think they're trained to get involved in altercations between players. If some people get up in the crowd and begin to fight then yes they'd be involved.
I think the fans were involved. I saw a bunch of people getting knocked over, pushed, jostled, etc. It went on where fans sit. This was not a typical on the court type brawl.

There is a lot going on in this pic:

There appears to be someone from Thunderdome above the orange hat...he seems to be enjoying it.

The gal to his left, first row bleachers, is definitely getting this on her IG.

There is one girl shrieking with her hands over her ears.

A guy next to her who may be expressing actual concern.

The guy next to him he seems to be taking it all in rather calmly, like, "this looks like a night at the Frat house. Sweet."

Lots of other people catching this for IG, Snapchat, whatever...…..

The lady on the ground appears to see a shark off in the distance.

Maybe an old guy with white hair doing some sort of inappropriate salute? Also, the fellow in the yellow hat also seems to be throwing up a salute.

Finally, the guy that seems to have found a dropped a quarter. "Oooooooh, something shiny."

Seems like Kansas is content to just make De Sousa, essentially a garbage time player, the fall guy for the event and have only suspended him.

I guess they ignored McCormack who may have actually thrown the first punch from a players blind side. After all he plays 17 minutes a game, so he has an actual role. Or ignored the Kansas players that were crushing the Kansas St player while he was down on the floor.

DC rec'd a T in the 1990 NCAAT against Minnesota. He got in a skirmish with Jim Shikenjanski (sp?) and got T'd up. It didn't help the cause.
I thought then that it cost us the game

It's one thing if two guys get tangled up, emotions are high, and it's a one-on-one mutual fight that is broken up. A few game suspension would be appropriate there.

But DeSousa was acting like a psycho goon and inciting a borderline riot. He should never play college basketball again.

I think the fans were involved. I saw a bunch of people getting knocked over, pushed, jostled, etc. It went on where fans sit. This was not a typical on the court type brawl.

sheesh, I gotta find the clip on this. I haven't seen it. Were the police armed? From reading the thread it sounds like it was total chaos. Being armed would've kept me out of a fray if I was the police. Wouldn't want any idiot reaching for my side arm.

It is insane that DeSousa is the only one in trouble here. DeSousa was clearly the instigator and aggressor, but any player coming off the bench to throw punches should be hit with a serious penalty as well.

I've got my eye on the player at the end of the KSU bench who had to be bear-hugged and wrestled into the locker room. Nobody even came within 30 feet of him and he can hardly be restrained.

DeSousa's the obvious villain, but an argument can be made that he's got an adrenaline-fueled excuse. Unacceptable, obviously, but understandable at least. That KSU guy is almost more alarming to me, there's no justifiable reason why he's flipping out like that and can't be settled down with words or even physical restraint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom