Keep calm and Orange on... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Keep calm and Orange on...

now depleted squad, with a new coach who has completely changed the system an both sides of the ball, with players recruited to play a different system, with a schedule that has at least four top-top 25 teams.

What pisses me off are the penalties. WAY too many.

Dungey took a turn for the worse when he under threw that first interception in the 2nd quarter. Seemed like he never recovered from that. And penalties killed a few drives like Bcubs posted.

First, he was under throwing all game and on that interception he had his receiver open if he led him to the endzone over the D - it looked like a TD to me. 2nd, his passes were not crisp especially after that interception and also I thought he panicked at times and was leaving the pocket too early.

Honestly I thought for the most part Dungey was getting decent protection for most plays as the run game was working and keeping the D honest. I just thought he wasn't going through his progressions very well and had receivers open a lot and also not letting plays develop. I wonder but is the game still too fast for him?

Finally, what I noticed he was coming off the field taking off his helmet and breathing really heavy very early in the game. I don't know if he was sick or not but he was not himself at all this game. Something was not right this game - he wasn't this way at all vs Lville as he was hyped all game long that game.

Loved the first quarter can not wait till we can get four quarters of that type of play. We beat ourselves yesterday. Bad passes, bad penalties, missed assignments on defense, and inconstant exacuation on both sides of the ball. The future looks bright and my orange glasses are going no where. I'm already fired up for next week!!!

Uconn will be favored next week. I'll bet anyone a beer at the dome.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to always keep an eye on Babers on the sideline during play. He is seemingly always by himself with no one very close to him. You have to think he is still purely assessing team needs, in addition to the in-game play. He never loses his cool (unless Petrino is verbally raping the officials on the other side of the field) and seems to be just studying his personnel.

This recruiting class will be huge. I really hope we go after a bunch of JUCO or 5th yr transfer guys to fill the intermediate needs at some glaringly thin positions. Get a bunch of young kids that need a year or 2 and start building out the depth. He has to constantly be thinking about this, obviously.

Bowl game? We might not win another game. SU won't be favored in another game this year. I doubt they will be favored over UCONN next week.
Blasphemy.

I'd be surprised if ND comes within 21.

I agree with the OP. Couple things frustrated me last night, the amount of runs, and no Freericks. This O-line is terrible and this D was not built to run this system. Can't exactly fix that in one or even two years. I knew coming in this D would be bad, but this bad, makes me sad :(

Uconn will be favored next week. I'll bet anyone a beer at the dome.

Why? They are worse on O than we are on D. And we are better at O than they are at D.

we're giving up 60 pts and 7+ yds a play last couple of games. hard to put a positive spin on those numbers. they blow.

Why? They are worse on O than we are on D. And we are better at O than they are at D.
I'm not saying they are better. Vegas just watched us get destroyed two games in a row at home. Top that with not covering against Colgate. We are on the road with a new system and new coaches just got hammered twice do you think Vegas has confidence syracuse is going to hop on a bus and win on the road. I'm a syracuse fan and I don't even feel confident with that. Defense gave up huge numbers yesterday and our offense couldn't do anything after the 1st quarter.

I'm not saying they are better. Vegas just watched us get destroyed two games in a row at home. Top that with not covering against Colgate. We are on the road with a new system and new coaches just got hammered twice do you think Vegas has confidence syracuse is going to hop on a bus and win on the road. I'm a syracuse fan and I don't even feel confident with that. Defense gave up huge numbers yesterday and our offense couldn't do anything after the 1st quarter.

I could care less what Vegas thinks. Win the game.

UCONN is favored by 7. This should tell you all you need to know about SU football. Like I said, winning another game is not going to be easy.

I agree with the OP. Couple things frustrated me last night, the amount of runs, and no Freericks. This O-line is terrible and this D was not built to run this system. Can't exactly fix that in one or even two years. I knew coming in this D would be bad, but this bad, makes me sad :(

It's going to take a while to get the D right, which is why the JUCO or senior transfer route could be a band-aid fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom