Keeping score: the posters who were wrong about Nassib | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Keeping score: the posters who were wrong about Nassib

That is hilarious and priceless :)

Not sure if you or anyone else remembers this, but there was a guy a few years ago who would post a weekly treatise about Andy Rautins and how he was the worst Division One player in the shot clock era. He had charts and footnotes. Each one was like a USA Today article. This was when AR was getting 6th/7th man minutes.

It was so absurd, I thought it could only have been a friend having some fun or AR himself.

At least that was aimed at a sorta public figure. This is getting mad at the point of view of anonymous people on the internet and taking down their names. More cringeworthy IMO

Not sure if you or anyone else remembers this, but there was a guy a few years ago who would post a weekly treatise about Andy Rautins and how he was the worst Division One player in the shot clock era. He had charts and footnotes. Each one was like a USA Today article. This was when AR was getting 6th/7th man minutes.

It was so absurd, I thought it could only have been a friend having some fun or AR himself.

At least that was aimed at a sorta public figure. This is getting mad at the point of view of anonymous people on the internet and taking down their names. More cringeworthy IMO
his name was jam band or something like that

Well wouldn't you reach to new lows if all you had was the internet and a 20" TV in your parent's basement?

That is hilarious and priceless :)

Hey FanFan,

Take the criticism with a grain of salt, and let it go. No one critical of your post is saying Nassib is a great college quarterback. Just don't take anything on here personally, and then you probably won't act on the urge to call people out. This is a virtual playground for the inner child where no one is held accountable unless he or she chooses to hold him or herself accountable. It's mostly a depository for obsessions for people who compulsively love SU football. And it brings people from disparate backgrounds together to chat, dream and tailgate. Which makes me wonder, has anyone ever met his or her significant other on this board?

Hey FanFan,

Take the criticism with a grain of salt, and let it go. No one critical of your post is saying Nassib is a great college quarterback. Just don't take anything on here personally, and then you probably won't act on the urge to call people out. This is a virtual playground for the inner child where no one is held accountable unless he or she chooses to hold him or herself accountable. It's mostly a depository for obsessions for people who compulsively love SU football. And it brings people from disparate backgrounds together to chat, dream and tailgate. Which makes me wonder, has anyone ever met his or her significant other on this board?

Well I agree to a point however you have to realize he sets himself up for this ... first of all he is basing this off one game. Apparently he has not watched BJ Daniels much ... including his stellar performance last season against SU but he throws around his NFL rhetoric about how well informed he is :rolling: about the world of football. Of course he does the same thing on the hoops board with his metrics obsession ... but to post something like this because of one game ... yeah ... ok ... he will continue to get these types of responses just because of the way he addresses other posters. I don't care if his NFL job is cleaning Goodell's toilet or getting his supplies from Staples ... it doesn't make him any more authoritative than a lot of the other posters on his board in spite of the delusions under which he seems to live.

Yup, that is what I am learning. All of Nassib's 116 quarterback rating games were actually good, because he is obviously the best player on the team.

Our offensive impotence can't be blamed on our QB, it's everyone else's fault: dropped passes, poor O-Lineman, poor scheming, poor play calling, lack of playmakers, etc. If I can't see that, I must be a moron who didn't watch the game.
Love your sarcasm.. Problem is sarcasm means you actually think you know what you are talking about. That is very sad for you. Your football IQ is as sadly lacking as is your vision if you actually watched the game and not just look at the stats and ratings when it was over. Your last line is more true than you can possibly image I guess.

I am quite upset myself, but if guys make the catches they should (let alone a couple they shouldn't), and the coaches actually let the kid throw from the get-go, Nassib would have had a very good game. This one isn't on him.

Totally agree with this post-Nassib was excellent this game. He's actually been very good in most of the games. I am not sure what else you could have asked him to do this game. They didn't even let him play until the end of the 1st half, as is the tendency of the OC.

What a tool...

I mean... what a shame... that a few bad apples have to spoil it for rest of us.

Let's face it; we have multiple issues with our offense:
  • QB inconsistency
  • Only 1 reliable WR; after Alec Lemon there is no one.
  • Inability of OL to consistently protect the QB and open holes for RB's
  • No Rb's with the extra gear needed for success in the run game.
  • still many mental lapses leading to penalties.
  • Questionable play calling and inability to adjust to what the other team is doing, during the game.
  • Lack of energy and fight from players when faced by quick and physical defenses.
Some of this will be off-season changes and some with recruiting.