Kentucky - UCLA | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky - UCLA

And by my count, the Pac-12 had 13 guys taken and the ACC had 13 guys taken. The difference of course is that the ACC had 10 in the first round compared to 6 for the Pac-12. And the ACC had the first two picks in the second round. Nothing was correct about the post about the Pac-12 having 12 picks and that they were head and shoulders better than anyone else.

You must be relieved that Thomas Welsh and Aaron Holiday are returning to UCLA to join the #2 ranked recruiting class in the country. Btw did you notice that the PAC-12 had 12 guys drafted last week, easily the most of any league in the country. Not bad for a bum league.

UCLA returns two starters? Lost 5 of their best players? Somehow I doubt they have a Lonzo Ball or TJ Leaf coming in. I think they will be closer to 15 wins than 31 wins. Their class is ranked #2 because they signed 6 kids. Any of them gonna make a difference? Counting on freshmen ain't good. See Michigan State last year.

UCLA returns two starters? Lost 5 of their best players? Somehow I doubt they have a Lonzo Ball or TJ Leaf coming in. I think they will be closer to 15 wins than 31 wins. Their class is ranked #2 because they signed 6 kids. Any of them gonna make a difference? Counting on freshmen ain't good. See Michigan State last year.
UCLA has 2 top 25 recruits coming in.

A stud 5 star PG and a 5 star SF out of Indiana.

They are going to be top 25 preseason and definitely relevant nationally.

UCLA has 2 top 25 recruits coming in.

A stud 5 star PG and a 5 star SF out of Indiana.

They are going to be top 25 preseason and definitely relevant nationally.

Indeed. UCLA has the #19 kid and the #24 kid coming in. Not Lonzo Ball or TJ Leaf. They lost way too much in terms of leadership, shooting, scoring, depth and talent. Michigan State was ranked top 10 last year with a much better freshmen class and barely made the tournament. Ucla may be playing in the NIT.

Indeed. UCLA has the #19 kid and the #24 kid coming in. Not Lonzo Ball or TJ Leaf. They lost way too much in terms of leadership, shooting, scoring, depth and talent. Michigan State was ranked top 10 last year with a much better freshmen class and barely made the tournament. Ucla may be playing in the NIT.

Yeah, hard to say but Ball and Leaf were special and doubtful that the new guys can come close to duplicating their impacts and end results as the 2/22 picks. PAC-12 I think will be pretty weak compared to last season so maybe UCLA doesn't fall back too much. Who knows.

Michigan State was safely in. They would've liked a better season. They started slowly after another murderers row of non-conf scheduling but in typical Izzo fashion they improved. Had some key injuries as well during various points of the season. I believe they were around mid-late 40s in both RPI/BPI and absolutely slaughtered our supposedly superior ACC brethren Miami in the Tourney.

Yeah, hard to say but Ball and Leaf were special and doubtful that the new guys can come close to duplicating their impacts and end results as the 2/22 picks. PAC-12 I think will be pretty weak compared to last season so maybe UCLA doesn't fall back too much. Who knows.

Michigan State was safely in. They would've liked a better season. They started slowly after another murderers row of non-conf scheduling but in typical Izzo fashion they improved. Had some key injuries as well during various points of the season. I believe they were around mid-late 40s in both RPI/BPI and absolutely slaughtered our supposedly superior ACC brethren Miami in the Tourney.

Michigan State finished 19-14 and lost 3 of 4 to end the regular season. Did they really get better? They were embarrassed by Kansas in the 2nd round. They were not a good team, especially given their #9 preseason ranking. Their freshmen class ranking meant nothing.

Michigan State finished 19-14 and lost 3 of 4 to end the regular season. Did they really get better? They were embarrassed by Kansas in the 2nd round. They were not a good team, especially given their #9 preseason ranking. Their freshmen class ranking meant nothing.

I never look or put any merit into preseason rankings for better or worse. You're correct about those last 3 losses. My mistake. They still finished 5-5 last 10 games I believe. Kansas was very good obviously. They still slaughtered Miami and had a decent RPI/BPI. They weren't bad. Definitely not good, I'll agree. As per usual, I'll agree to disagree. This time we bridged the gap a little closer. ;)

I never look or put any merit into preseason rankings for better or worse. You're correct about those last 3 losses. My mistake. They still finished 5-5 last 10 games I believe. Kansas was very good obviously. They still slaughtered Miami and had a decent RPI/BPI. They weren't bad. Definitely not good, I'll agree. As per usual, I'll agree to disagree. This time we bridged the gap a little closer. ;)

Well, it sounds like we agree UCLA will be down and so will the PAC 12 again. It's Arizona and that's it in that conference.

Well, it sounds like we agree UCLA will be down and so will the PAC 12 again. It's Arizona and that's it in that conference.

Well, Pac-12 proved to have a good showing in last year's tourney, obviously. USC should be Top 15 all season coming up, IMO. They have Metu and Boatwright back. Shaqquon Aaron is talented and Jordan McGaughlin is about as steady as they come at PG. They have the O'Bannon Jr. McD AA kid coming in as well as Duke transfer, Derryck Thornton, who sat out last year. But, yeah, the conference will be top heavy and pretty weak everywhere else.

Well, Pac-12 proved to have a good showing in last year's tourney, obviously. USC should be Top 15 all season coming up, IMO. They have Metu and Boatwright back. Shaqquon Aaron is talented and Jordan McGaughlin is about as steady as they come at PG. They have the O'Bannon Jr. McD AA kid coming in as well as Duke transfer, Derryck Thornton, who sat out last year. But, yeah, the conference will be top heavy and pretty weak everywhere else.

Did they really though? Arizona and UCLA, both top 5 teams all year lost in the Sweet 16. USC lost in the 2nd round. Oregon did well.

We'll see about USC, but right now it's Arizona and 11 other teams.

Did they really though? Arizona and UCLA, both top 5 teams all year lost in the Sweet 16. USC lost in the 2nd round. Oregon did well.

I might put a future bet on Zona. They have everything if they click.

Never said UCLA would be a national title contender but your claim that they won't make the NCAA tournament is just stupid. I know you're just talkin' out of your arse tho cuz I gave you very generous odds on that claim and you passed.

The ACC had 12 guys in the top 32, didn't they? So how exactly is that more than easily the most of any league in the country? 12 guys in the first 32 is better than the Pac-12, right?

My bad on the ACC. My point tho if you followed this thread alpharetta has been speaking of the PAC-12 as if they're the MEAC. Obviously the NBA teams felt a little differently.

UCLA is a great program and so is Syracuse. I'm not worried in the least about what UCLA is doing. They might be pretty good because they can always get players, and they might not because they lost a lot. Who cares?

Never said UCLA would be a national title contender but your claim that they won't make the NCAA tournament is just stupid. I know you're just talkin' out of your arse tho cuz I gave you very generous odds on that claim and you passed.

Why is it stupid? They lost 5 of their top 7 players. They were 15-17 the year prior. 2 starters coming back and no top 10 kids coming in.

My bad on the ACC. My point tho if you followed this thread alpharetta has been speaking of the PAC-12 as if they're the MEAC. Obviously the NBA teams felt a little differently.

Not true at all. I said the PAC 12 had 3 really good teams and not much else. And true to form, two of those top teams bowed out early in the NCAA' s as usual. The PAC 12 is nowhere near as tough as the ACC, Big 12, or Big 10. They are closer to the SEC and Big East. This year, they are back to Arizona and 11 other teams that aren't very good. Relax PAC 12 fan.

Not true at all. I said the PAC 12 had 3 really good teams and not much else. And true to form, two of those top teams bowed out early in the NCAA' s as usual. The PAC 12 is nowhere near as tough as the ACC, Big 12, or Big 10. They are closer to the SEC and Big East. Relax PAC 12 fan.

It's a good league but not elite like the ACC.

Very likely to be a pre-season consensus top five.
I know future bets are sucker bets, but I have a feeling about their class.

Yes they did. All their teams (4) made the Sweet 16. USC too (W Providence, W SMU, L Baylor). Obviously we should know by now that the Tourney is all matchups. Kentucky was loaded and that game against UCLA was a 'pick em' anyways in Vegas, I believe. Arizona was upset but Xavier is going to play anybody tough and just slaughtered Florida St. the round before. Oregon F4. So all four teams in S16. That's solid anyway you slice it.

What's there to really "see" about USC? They will be ranked in Preseason Top 25 (for all you rankings addicts) for certain. I explained their roster above with who they have returning (everybody) and who is joining them. Anybody who follows college bball should know that Enfield has a loaded squad coming back. Now, they may underacheive or whoop people but they will be on notice at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:
Yes they did. All their teams (4) made the Sweet 16. USC too (W Providence, W SMU, L Baylor). Obviously we should know by now that the Tourney is all matchups. Kentucky was loaded and that game against UCLA was a 'pick em' anyways in Vegas, I believe. Arizona was upset but Xavier is going to play anybody tough and just slaughtered Florida St. the round before. Oregon F4. So all four teams in S16. That's solid anyway you slice it.

What's there to really "see" about USC? They will be ranked in Preseason Top 25 (for all you rankings addicts) for certain. I explained their roster above with who they have returning (everybody) and who is joining them. Anybody who follows college bball should know that Enfield has a loaded squad coming back. Now, they may underacheive or whoop people but they will be on notice at the beginning of the season.
West coast ball doesn't get the eyeballs. Hop would have killed there also. Looking forward to the rivalries out here.

USC won a play in game. They lost in the 2nd road.

Arizona and Ucla lost in the sweet 16. Both underachieved. Like I said, they beat up on weak teams all season and weren't great teams. Both were exposed. Oregon was the only PAC 12 team to have a good run. Sorry. That's not a good tournament when only 1 team does well.

USC may be ranked Top 25, but rankings mean nothing. Just ask Tom Izzo and those Spartans from Michigan State. Like I said, we'll see on USC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom