Kentucky - UCLA | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky - UCLA

Btw that other freshman you referenced has not hired an agent so it's not clear that he won't come back.

He ain't coming back. But keep hopin'.
Does the name Zack Collins ring a bell?

Hey...maybe Matt Moyer will lead us to a FF?! A RS Top 40 Frosh like Collins? :)

The claim about the AAC was sarcastic and was made to illustrate the point you made about the performance of one team re conference strength. Personally, I think tournament performance in March is more important than what happens in early January. Games are played on a neutral court and everything is on the line. By any measure the ACC bombed in the NCAAT and they went 0-3 vs. B1G.

Yet won the NCAA Tournament. ACC! Right BPO? Or do you have an excuse for that too? The PAC 12 bombers too, right? Arizona and UCLA bombed. Or were they not really that good? Feasting on crap Pac 12 teams all year. Racking up gaudy numbers. Gonzaga and Florida say hello. Heck, Michigan State says Hello!

Last edited:
Btw that other freshman you referenced has not hired an agent so it's not clear that he won't come back.

"Alford said. "I know this wasn't an easy decision for him, and he certainly has my support in making the jump to the NBA. We're really going to miss him, his sense of humor and that seemingly shy smile that hides how fiery of a competitor he is."

YUP.

Apparently the ACC was really good because the teams all beat and lost to each other?

I also learned that NC State was a good team. As was Georgia Tech. Huh.

Yes. and all of those B1G teams were super solid. You are exactly correct at the weaknesses of the ACC teams you mentioned. But we aren't comparing them to the teams of the 70's or 80's. UNC beat Kentucky and Ark. Period. Everything else is just conversation. Pitt was a lousy ACC team. They beat Maryland at Maryland.

But when they hooked up in the NCAAT it was 3-0 in favor of B1G.

I'd say the 9 teams that made it into the NCAA Tournament, in addition to good teams like Syracuse, NC State, GTech, etc.

Can you name another conference with 12 good teams?

Your definition of good is different from mine.

well...Doom might equal NIT. Is that really a stretch when losing 5 rotational players and relying on mostly freshmen?

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is - I'll bet you $100 and give you two to one odds that UCLA makes the NCAA tournament next year.

Yeah...UNC won it all. Champs. Duke lost 9 games because they play in the ACC. Against teams like Louisville, UVA, UNC, Syracuse, VT Tech, NC State, Miami, FSU...#ACCLOADED

I'd like to point out UVA beat Iowa buy 40. But feel free to ignore that.

this ain't the Pac 12

This ain't Oregon State, Washington, Arizona State, Washington State, Stanford, Stanford Light, California Community College...

#pac12blows

Iowa? lol

I'd like to point out that UVA got beat by Florida 65-39 in the NCAAT. UVA sucked..

Oregon was fortunate to survive Rhode Island (yeah that's right) and Michigan. All other Pac 12 teams were grossly overrated. See Arizona and UCLA. ;-). Right B-P-O?!

That PAC 12 sucked. 3 good teams and two were appparently overrated.

lol ask Louisville about Michigan. URI was one of the hottest teams in the country by the end of the year. You reveal yourself to be completely clueless about college hoops.

"Alford said. "I know this wasn't an easy decision for him, and he certainly has my support in making the jump to the NBA. We're really going to miss him, his sense of humor and that seemingly shy smile that hides how fiery of a competitor he is."

YUP.

Funny how a week ago you dismissed Anigbogu as a stiff and now your clueless self has just realized he's going to be drafted into the NBA, possibly in the first round.

lol ask Louisville about Michigan. URI was one of the hottest teams in the country by the end of the year. You reveal yourself to be completely clueless about college hoops.

Michigan was arguably the hottest team in the country. Took out one of our ACC top dawgs brethren in Louisville. Furthermore they whipped Wisconsin in the B10 Championship game a week before and Wisconsin beat VA Tech and then Villanova in the Tourney. Oh, but Oregon isn't any good. He was dissing Gonzaga too when the brackets came out.

Funny how a week ago you dismissed Anigbogu as a stiff and now your clueless self has just realized he's going to be drafted into the NBA, possibly in the first round.

I said he was a stiff? Show me. He's gone. So is the 7 foot white kid now. Does ucla have ANYONE back? Maybe I wasn't so crazy after all.

Really? Acc team won it all. Big shocker. PAC 12 didn't. Again. For the 20th straight season. Yup. I'm crazy.

That UVA win over Iowa really meant a lot to you, eh? :bat:

Well, not really. It's one game. They beat Louisville pretty bad once and then again. They had a decent team. One that would smoke nearly all of the PAC 12 teams.

You must be relieved that Thomas Welsh and Aaron Holiday are returning to UCLA to join the #2 ranked recruiting class in the country. Btw did you notice that the PAC-12 had 12 guys drafted last week, easily the most of any league in the country. Not bad for a bum league.
The ACC had 12 guys in the top 32, didn't they? So how exactly is that more than easily the most of any league in the country? 12 guys in the first 32 is better than the Pac-12, right?

The ACC had 12 guys in the top 32, didn't they? So how exactly is that more than easily the most of any league in the country? 12 guys in the first 32 is better than the Pac-12, right?

Correct. Not sure what the PAC 12 had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom