Kentucky vs Georgia | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs Georgia

SBU72

All Conference
Surfing the channels last night, I stopped several times to watch a few minutes here and there of the UK-Georgia game. It seemed like everytime I watched, a UK guy was taking and making a wide open 3. All were swishes and not all were made by guards. Then I noticed the running tally the fans had up. WOW. What a long list I thought. Then a stat popped up that UK was 13-24 and there was like 11 minutes left in the 2nd half. At the time UK had scored almost as many points on 3's as Gerogia had points! It was literally the difference in the score. Then UK made a couple more shots. I checked and they ended up 15-27 (55.6%). They msut have stopped taking them for the rest of the game. UK had not impressed me a lot all the other times I watched them but the easy and how often they were making these shots was unreal last night.

Surfing the channels last night, I stopped several times to watch a few minutes here and there of the UK-Georgia game. It seemed like everytime I watched, a UK guy was taking and making a wide open 3. All were swishes and not all were made by guards. Then I noticed the running tally the fans had up. WOW. What a long list I thought. Then a stat popped up that UK was 13-24 and there was like 11 minutes left in the 2nd half. At the time UK had scored almost as many points on 3's as Gerogia had points! It was literally the difference in the score. Then UK made a couple more shots. I checked and they ended up 15-27 (55.6%). They msut have stopped taking them for the rest of the game. UK had not impressed me a lot all the other times I watched them but the easy and how often they were making these shots was unreal last night.

Was Georgia playing zone or man - though it doesn't sound like they were playing either.?

Making threes is easier when nobody plays defense. Calipari got in trouble in the past for issues regarding his own players. His new approach is to pay off the opposing players.

That was the most pathetic attempt at perimeter defense I have watched this season. It was almost like Georgia didnt care and just wanted the game to end. I for one am glad to see Kentucky light it up from outside the arc. Hopefully they get into the habit of thinking they actually can make 3 point shots.

I take about as much from that game as I did from our 50 point win over DePaul last year.

Georgia wasn't into the game from the start. Georgia isn't horrible, but when it is clear they didn't give two sh!ts from the opening tip you can see how that game turned into what it did. Good for KY for making their shots.

I didn't see it but if there was truly no defense then 55% from 3 is not all that concerning. I am going to guess that all D1 college players (centers included) - totally unguarded could hit 60% from 3 point range (in practice anyway). As a college kid, I could easily hit 60% from the college line and I would not even have been allowed to carry jocks for a high school team. It is an incredibly easy shot.

Georgia set the 2-3 zone back about 35 years with that performance last night.

They played 2-3 zone and man Got torched in both. Playing is a very loose term here. It was pathetic to watch as they didnt come to play period.

I want UK to look like world beaters and come in overconfident. Im praying Luck Breaks SUs way to get to the title game . Id find religion to see SU v UK for the title.. with an SU win of course

We devote all this time to Kentucky, but at the end of the day, when we make the finals, its more likely that it is somebody else other then Kentucky.

It was a poor attempt of a zone, out of place a running around a whole lot. Looked like chickens with their heads cut off out there. But UK did make the shots what they had them.

The issue for us versus Kentucky, should we get the chance to stomp them, will be their DEFENSE, not their offense.
They play very well on D with Anthony Davis back there to swat everything. He's a longer version of Marcus Camby.
What UK will never face in the SEC is an opposing big that can intimidate THEIR players, and also contend with Davis.
We have that in Melo & BMK, as well as Rak (the Cincy game version), & thats why we can win.
More worrisome to me would be Wiltger- that POS doesn't seem to miss from the arc, & he can force the zone to stretch creating more room for MKG, Jones, & Davis.

The issue for us versus Kentucky, should we get the chance to stomp them, will be their DEFENSE, not their offense.
They play very well on D with Anthony Davis back there to swat everything. He's a longer version of Marcus Camby.
What UK will never face in the SEC is an opposing big that can intimidate THEIR players, and also contend with Davis.
We have that in Melo & BMK, as well as Rak (the Cincy game version), & thats why we can win.
More worrisome to me would be Wiltger- that POS doesn't seem to miss from the arc, & he can force the zone to stretch creating more room for MKG, Jones, & Davis.

Agree on everything, except for BMK of course. BMK couldn't even handle Jack Cooley. Anthony Davis would destroy him.

Agree on everything, except for BMK of course. BMK couldn't even handle Jack Cooley. Anthony Davis would destroy him.

Anthony Davis...is no Jack Cooley! ;)
Seriously though, Davis doesn't beat you up like Cooley does, he uses his length & athleticism- 2 totally different styles.
I'm not saying BMK will shine vs Davis, but his build & skill-set is more inclined to fare better vs Davis, then it did against Cooley.
A coupla stretches here&there to give Melo a breather, would be more than enough.

He's more Hasheem Thabeet than Jack Cooley. I say Thabeet because the guy was a shot blocking machine. Davis is way more mobile though. We really had problems with Thabeet though. Of course we had Flynn and Harris - two undersized players known already for getting their shots blocked - going against him.

To address the ignorance in this thread:

We devote all this time to Kentucky, but at the end of the day, when we make the finals, its more likely that it is somebody else other then Kentucky. - most prognosticators are calling this the most statistically dominant team of the past 10 years. Kentucky has the highest average scoring margin since '01 Duke. If anybody has a worse chance of getting there, it's Cuse. After all, Cuse is ranked lower than #4 by both Sagarin and KenPom. You have far more flaws than us. Not to mention that Cal has been to the Elite-8 or further in 6 of the past 7 tournaments and Boeheim has been eliminated prior to the Elite-8 in 18 of the past 20. Both statistically and historically, looks more like you'll be watching us in New Orleans.

What UK will never face in the SEC is an opposing big that can intimidate THEIR players, and also contend with Davis. - Festus Ezeli, Arnett Moultrie, Patric Young and JayMichael Green are all better big men than any player in the Big East and the professional projections reflect this..

The issue for us versus Kentucky, should we get the chance to stomp them, will be their DEFENSE, not their offense. - Keep telling yourself that... UK has the #2 efficient offense in the nation to go along with the #7 defense according to KenPom.

I for one am glad to see Kentucky light it up from outside the arc. Hopefully they get into the habit of thinking they actually can make 3 point shots. - UK is #26 in the nation in 3pt%. Syracuse is #170

We devote all this time to Kentucky, but at the end of the day, when we make the finals, its more likely that it is somebody else other then Kentucky. - most prognosticators are calling this the most statistically dominant team of the past 10 years. Kentucky has the highest average scoring margin since '01 Duke. If anybody has a worse chance of getting there, it's Cuse. After all, Cuse is ranked lower than #4 by both Sagarin and KenPom. You have far more flaws than us. Not to mention that Cal has been to the Elite-8 or further in 6 of the past 7 tournaments and Boeheim has been eliminated prior to the Elite-8 in 18 of the past 20. Both statistically and historically, looks more like you'll be watching us in New Orleans.

What UK will never face in the SEC is an opposing big that can intimidate THEIR players, and also contend with Davis. - Festus Ezeli, Arnett Moultrie, Patric Young and JayMichael Green are all better big men than any player in the Big East and the professional projections reflect this..

The issue for us versus Kentucky, should we get the chance to stomp them, will be their DEFENSE, not their offense. - Keep telling yourself that... UK has the #2 efficient offense in the nation to go along with the #7 defense according to KenPom.

I for one am glad to see Kentucky light it up from outside the arc. Hopefully they get into the habit of thinking they actually can make 3 point shots. - UK is #26 in the nation in 3pt%. Syracuse is #170

Melo outplayed Patric Young. And nice straw man on the last point - no one's claiming that Syracuse is a good three-point shooting team.

Boeheim has a national title...Cal does not.

Boeheim has three final fours...Cal has one*.

CAL does have the upper hand in tournament wins vacated...I do concede that.

BTW congrat$ on landing Davi$...

The fact that you've racked up 56 posts on our board is pretty ridiculous...

cornticky stats are misleading for the fact they played in a weak league -

not like its hard to rack up points in a league with little team play-its a league of opera starts-its all about me me me me me

and they also dont have a group of kids who have played together for years,have senior leadership-
many one and done kids dont do you any good -just ask donte

Our stats would look a lot better if we played in a conference like the SEC.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom