Kevin Ollie is contesting his firing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Ollie is contesting his firing

I just checked out the uconn forum for anything about this development.

Crickets.
Now go delouse yourself.
delouse.gif

“The people that you work with and handle, I probably will sue them too”

Did you have insurance?

Yeah, but it was through a friend.

What does this have to do with me?

Well, I’m asking you for help, and maybe I can sue for punitive damages that you’re giving me.

it's kind of interesting because to annul the 10m buyout they need to show cause. the only cause they might be able to show is ncaa violations. so are they going to subject the new coach to penalties in order so save some money? they hired a mid-major coach to save a mid-major program.

He alleges due process violation. Im fairly certain there is no funamental right to be enployed by the government so due process doesnt apply. His laywers seem to be throwing s*** against the wall to see what sticks. That being said, uconn may have breached its contract with him...

Just drop FBS football, pay the man with the savings, and move on! Hmm, looks like the Boneyard has restricted discussion of this matter to some murky sub-forum only accessible to members.

Last edited:
He says that UConn violated his constitutional rights. I sure hope this doesn't get ugly.

Count on it getting ugly. He's part of a public employees union. They will fight hard for his right to be paid the full buy-out. And then UConn will release whatever dirt they have on Ollie regarding the alleged recruiting violations.

it's kind of interesting because to annul the 10m buyout they need to show cause. the only cause they might be able to show is ncaa violations. so are they going to subject the new coach to penalties in order so save some money? they hired a mid-major coach to save a mid-major program.

Precisely. Although there is also separate, more general "for cause" language in his employment agreement that is unrelated to NCAA violations.

He alleges due process violation. Im fairly certain there is no funamental right to be enployed by the government so due process doesnt apply. His laywers seem to be throwing s*** against the wall to see what sticks. That being said, uconn may have breached its contract with him...
14th amendment has a due process clause specifically targeted at state governments' hiring & firing practices

Last edited:
What constitutional right did they violate? He was a terrible coach, and they fired him for that.
If they fired him for that they owe him a buyout, so either they didn't fire him for that, and can prove it, or they need to cut a check.

Count on it getting ugly. He's part of a public employees union. They will fight hard for his right to be paid the full buy-out. And then UConn will release whatever dirt they have on Ollie regarding the alleged recruiting violations.

Every coach is rooting for him to win his case it sets a bad president if uconn wins guys will be able to get fired with no buyout just for sucking. Hope he gets every penny.

The allegation is deprivation of a property right (his guaranteed contract), not a job, without due process. He wants his money, not the job.

The allegation is deprivation of a property right (his guaranteed contract), not a job, without due process. He wants his money, not the job.

Right, and my point is, its not a dp issue. Its a contract issue.

Right, and my point is, its not a dp issue. Its a contract issue.
Maybe. Could be both. He might have breached the contract (TBD), but they may have violated his DP rights by taking his contract without DP. State action due to state employer. As a former litigator, think it's a neat argument.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom