Kevin Ollie Proves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Ollie Proves

I'm guessing that if Hopkins had been coaching at SU for the last 37 years or so, he might have 900 wins as well, and maybe more than one national championship. Everyone knows he's a great recruiter. Unfortunately we may never know how well he'd do as head coach here.
No way he'd have 900 wins. If Hopkins had been coaching at SU since 1976, that would mean he would have taken the job at age 6. I'd imagine the Hall of Fame coaches in the Big East would have coached circles around an elementary school kid. And don't get me started on recruiting.

Every year a mid-major with a high seed slips through to the final four. It's just UCONN's turn. Ollie still has much to prove over the long haul.
Thing is , this particular mid-major has 2 players on the Wooden A-A list and a team in the FF. I think the mid-major thing is a bit rich. It's not the Big East , but its first year , its showed its not a MAC , SWAC, WAC , Gonzaga and the seven dwarf, anything like those real mid-majors.
EDIT:Actually 3 A/A if you count Russ Smith.

Last edited:
LennX6 said:
Thing is , this particular mid-major has 2 players on the Wooden A-A list and a team in the FF. I think the mid-major thing is a bit rich. It's not the Big East , but its first year , its showed its not a MAC , SWAC, WAC , Gonzaga and the seven dwarf, anything like those real mid-majors. EDIT:Actually 3 A/A if you count Russ Smith.

Coasting on the fumes of the old Big East. Writings on the wall for non-BCS schools. They will be competitive - but always uphill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom