Key to Liberty | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Key to Liberty

We cant have the same ref crew. They are horrible
Can't have the same crew...the visitors bring the crew. Liberty competes as an independent.

Might have to run more zone and definitely spy Willis.

Need to score 24+ to win the game which I'm not so sure will happen. I've watched them probably 5 times over the past 2 seasons and where they lack in talent they make up in the well coached department. They won't have the penalties that we likely will and that might just be the difference maker.

If somehow we can score and minimize the penalties I think we've got a shot, I have to toss out Ohio as Louisiana just dropped 49 on them but we are the first legit D liberty will face, should be a chess match between Coach White and Coach Freeze and I am intrigued to see how it plays out.

They are going to get yards. We need to limit the big plays, try to get TOs, and hold them to FGs. If the D can pull that off we will have a chance. The problem is our STs and mistakes on O. If we clean that up we could pull off a 38-34 type of game.
You think this offense can score 34 points? I think the D might keep them in the 20's but I'm pretty concerned about our O, liberty's offense is definitely their strength and they should be undersized against us so maybe this is the game the O wakes up and finds life once again... or at least one can hope

A spy on Liberty QB Malik Willis is the only way we are going to stop them from putting up 30+ points.

You think this offense can score 34 points? I think the D might keep them in the 20's but I'm pretty concerned about our O, liberty's offense is definitely their strength and they should be undersized against us so maybe this is the game the O wakes up and finds life once again... or at least one can hope
Their defense isn’t very good and our offense appears to be limited - but Tucker might be the difference.

Can't have the same crew...the visitors bring the crew. Liberty competes as an independent.
So they could send some cash to the Colonial to get those refs assigned. Lol.

Last season they used ACC refs for our game, so I assume it will be the same. Not sure if it's much better though.

They had a bigger and better OL than SU last year. A freshman named Shedro Louis lit us up for 170 yards rushing and 2 TDs.
I'm assuming that it's still the case that they have an excellent OL, at least relatively speaking.

Combine that with a QB who is an elusive runner but he also averages around 20-25 passing attempts per game.

And it's a shorter week to prepare.
Only way this turns out well is if Tony White comes up with what would be his best outing since he arrived in Syracuse.

A spy on Liberty QB Malik Willis is the only way we are going to stop them from putting up 30+ points.
They only put up 21 against Troy. I wonder what they did. Might want to watch that tape.

Need to score 24+ to win the game which I'm not so sure will happen. I've watched them probably 5 times over the past 2 seasons and where they lack in talent they make up in the well coached department. They won't have the penalties that we likely will and that might just be the difference maker.

If somehow we can score and minimize the penalties I think we've got a shot, I have to toss out Ohio as Louisiana just dropped 49 on them but we are the first legit D liberty will face, should be a chess match between Coach White and Coach Freeze and I am intrigued to see how it plays out.
I expected us to be a touchdown or more Dog and if not for my heart would take Liberty. Their QB is special like crazy special. We need to make him beat us by throwing the ball. Completely commit to stopping him from running and keep everything inside. If this get gets on the rail he is gone. Make him earn it give him the short throws and take away his legs and we have a chance.

They only put up 21 against Troy. I wonder what they did. Might want to watch that tape.
Looking at the stats MW ran 20 times for 93. Doesn’t seem like they ran a spy.

Looking at the stats MW ran 20 times for 93. Doesn’t seem like they ran a spy.

Or the spy was slow lol. Have to check out the game if I get a chance

Decent running game (Liberty might be a little above that), mobile QB and one that can complete passes too. It’s not just DB but these type of matchups have typically been a curse. Especially if it’s the backup QB, luckily it’s not so maybe we have a better chance.

Appreciate the confidence, but it might be time to bury these guys
That team is full of confidence, full of fight, full of momentum and full of everything that makes a team hard to beat. Syracuse is full of something else.