Keys to tonight | Syracusefan.com

Keys to tonight

Cuseball

Starter
We absolutely have to drive the ball to the basket and get some of their players in foul trouble. Tyus, Oshae, Hughes and Frank can do this. Even if they don't convert you'll get fouls and make the defense sag. Get things going inside first, open things up for a some good looks from deep and compete on the boards. Giving up offensive rebounds to dook will negate any good defense we can play and free them up for kick outs for open threes against an unsettled defense.

I may not be a smart man but I think we come up huge tonight and knock off the #1 team on the road. Tyus with a monster game!

Cuse!

Zion is going to absolutely murder some of Oshae's off balance, lower the shoulder and double pump tosses at the hoop.

IF we didn't drive much against Ga Tech I don't see it against Duke.
I expect Duke to zone them. Better hope the team is "on" from three.

You want some keys to the game? Here are some things that need to go our way:

-Make 7-10 more threes than them
-Marek not to pick up 3 fouls in the first ten minutes
-Marek to shoot any open shot he has
-Everybody crashes the defensive glass
-Sidibe and PC somehow make things relatively difficult inside for the Duke bigs without stupid over the back calls that force Marek to play center for extended run
-Battle and Hughes score around 18 each
-Oshae can fill the Roberson role against Duke on the offensive glass
-Howard/Carey limit costly steals to Jones that lead to runouts

It is possible, albeit improbable.

We absolutely have to drive the ball to the basket and get some of their players in foul trouble. Tyus, Oshae, Hughes and Frank can do this. Even if they don't convert you'll get fouls and make the defense sag. Get things going inside first, open things up for a some good looks from deep and compete on the boards. Giving up offensive rebounds to dook will negate any good defense we can play and free them up for kick outs for open threes against an unsettled defense.

I may not be a smart man but I think we come up huge tonight and knock off the #1 team on the road. Tyus with a monster game!

Cuse!
So your plan is to drive the lane and rely on the refs calling Duke for fouls in Cameron? My god I didn't realized how screwed we were until this very moment.

I think the key is we need BS to have a game and we need to keep them from murdering us inside and on the glass. We need to get out to some of the shooters but I would dare them to shoot and have the forwards help more down below. I would also slow the game to a crawl and make it a rock fight. So like every game we have played for the last 3 years..

Zion is going to absolutely murder some of Oshae's off balance, lower the shoulder and double pump tosses at the hoop.

IF we didn't drive much against Ga Tech I don't see it against Duke.
I expect Duke to zone them. Better hope the team is "on" from three.

You want some keys to the game? Here are some things that need to go our way:

-Make 7-10 more threes than them
-Marek not to pick up 3 fouls in the first ten minutes
-Marek to shoot any open shot he has
-Everybody crashes the defensive glass
-Sidibe and PC somehow make things relatively difficult inside for the Duke bigs without stupid over the back calls that force Marek to play center for extended run
-Battle and Hughes score around 18 each
-Oshae can fill the Roberson role against Duke on the offensive glass
-Howard/Carey limit costly steals to Jones that lead to runouts

It is possible, albeit improbable.
Is PC playing tonight. After he left the last game I assumed not but I just realized I never read anything.

Cuse!

Well I guess I am smart and was right. Battle with monster game. Oh well I did not predict Chukwu dominating!

I think it was also important that we scored more points than Duke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom