Kings of Kings | Syracusefan.com

Kings of Kings

CU44SE

All Conference
maybe I was out of the loop but I feel like I didn't hear anything about the Kings of kings league out in Utica this summer. Always hear about 4-5 Cuse players playing in it. Did anyone participate this year? If so, how'd they look?

Brandon played in two games, averaging 21 points and 6 assists. Looks like that is about it. Not as many of our guys this time around.

You da man tee!!! Seem's strange though, usually a bunch of current players play when they can and nothing.

You da man tee!!! Seem's strange though, usually a bunch of current players play when they can and nothing.
Yeah, big time. I think part of it is that two candidates BJ and the Beast were in Estonia and can't be in more than one of these tourneys per off season.

They were not allowed to play. NCAA has some special rules now a days when it comes to summer league play etc. Good move to secure eligibility status from experience.

They shouldn't be allowed to play, quite honestly. I remember Brandon Triche making a comment once about not playing full out because he and DaJuan had too much to lose if they got hurt. He said there are teams in that league that consider it a badge of honor to beat SU players and go at them with everything. Some are former college athletes looking to show them up. The King of Kings is all they have. The SU players are marked. My comment about meathead hackers came directly from that interview Brandon gave. They showed a picture of the team that won that year, and they were a bunch of jacked meathead hackers. I think a poster on here even knew one of they guys on that team and said they were all full of themselves because they had beaten SU players.

King of Kings isn't worth a career ending injury. Let the meatheads have their league.

I remember, many moons ago, when Utica had a very good Muny Basketball League. Not sure, or can't remember(which is more likely), why the discontinued. The Muny softball league seems to be as strong as ever.