Kingsley Jonathan: Bills | Syracusefan.com

Kingsley Jonathan: Bills

Thats awesome that Kingsley was picked first overall in the CFL draft!

Excuse my ignorance here but so how exactly does the CFL draft work? Are teams picking based on guys that were not drafted but they think are obviously talented but are most likely to sign with the CFL team instead of working towards the NFL opportunity that they were offered as free agents?

Thats awesome that Kingsley was picked first overall in the CFL draft!

Excuse my ignorance here but so how exactly does the CFL draft work? Are teams picking based on guys that were not drafted but they think are obviously talented but are most likely to sign with the CFL team instead of working towards the NFL opportunity that they were offered as free agents?
The Bills weren't impressed with the available DT's in round 3 of the draft. Here's the article from the 5/3 Buffalo News. It is point #5

Bills are absolutely loaded but Kingsley is having a good camp and has a shot to make the practice squad. A huge achievement. Here’s a sample of his play in the first preseason game against the Colts.

Bills are absolutely loaded but Kingsley is having a good camp and has a shot to make the practice squad. A huge achievement. Here’s a sample of his play in the first preseason game against the Colts.
Nice. That looks like a solid games worth of work right there.

Missed todays game with an ankle injury. It’s a bummer, he’s been impressive. Not surprised he’s doing well though. The switch to 3-3-5 hurt his production. It’s hard to have clean PR wins when you’re lined up head-on with the OT, esp if you’re a smaller guy, but PFF graded him well his whole career here.

Missed todays game with an ankle injury. It’s a bummer, he’s been impressive. Not surprised he’s doing well though. The switch to 3-3-5 hurt his production. It’s hard to have clean PR wins when you’re lined up head-on with the OT, esp if you’re a smaller guy, but PFF graded him well his whole career here.
I thought he would take off here once Alton and Kendall moved on. I agree that he seemed a better fit for a 4-3.

I do not agree with this. He showed flashes here and there but was never consistent. He is a career 5 sack guy. Didnt see a boost in production during the 2019 season. Injuries hampered his growth and he is banged up now. I dont think playing 4-3 DE was going to change his projection.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom