KJo/Scoop - Senior leaders | Syracusefan.com

KJo/Scoop - Senior leaders

lol. Haven't seen the minutes yet but it looked like Scoop played close to 35 min. Not sure why that was the case. He did nothing out there but then again he had company. Joseph looked like he had just gotten out of a hospital bed. Very lethargic.

Scoop and KJo looked like they just wanted to try and blend in with the floorboards for most of their minutes. JB seemed disgusted with KJo. Never seen him lay into a "star" senior like that.

Couldn't agree more. The thought of both seniors horrible play and heart was my main complaint tonight.

KJ played like crap.

Don't know why people are saying Scoop played bad. No one was hitting shots, what do you want a PG to do? If he had taken shots, people would have been screaming at him then too, saying bad Scoop had come back. I mean, he had 7 assists and 2 turnovers.

Hasn't everyone been arguing that Scoop shouldn't be taking shots?

KJ played like crap.

Don't know why people are saying Scoop played bad. No one was hitting shots, what do you want a PG to do? If he had taken shots, people would have been screaming at him then too, saying bad Scoop had come back. I mean, he had 7 assists and 2 turnovers.

Hasn't everyone been arguing that Scoop shouldn't be taking shots?

Plenty of blame to go around. I personally would like to see Triche on the floor more than Jardine because he is a more complete player. When you have Jardine, Southerland and BMK on the floor at the same time then your chances of grabbing a loose ball are like winning the lottery.

Plenty of blame to go around. I personally would like to see Triche on the floor more than Jardine because he is a more complete player. When you have Jardine, Southerland and BMK on the floor at the same time then your chances of grabbing a loose ball are like winning the lottery.

I don't disagree b/c Triche is a better scorer. I would have liked to have seen a 3 guard lineup and just sit both centers.

Don't get me wrong, not saying Scoop played well, but he is about # 5 on my list of reasons Syracuse lost this game.

I don't disagree b/c Triche is a better scorer. I would have liked to have seen a 3 guard lineup and just sit both centers.

Don't get me wrong, not saying Scoop played well, but he is about # 5 on my list of reasons Syracuse lost this game.

Triche is also a better defender.

We are going to be trying to steal minutes at the 5 all season long. We are going to take a beating on the backboards in every single game.

Triche is also a better defender.

I don't think the gap between the two of them is that big defensively. Triche is a better rebounder. Neither Triche or Scoop is better then an average defender in the zone. Both get exposed.

I don't think the gap between the two of them is that big defensively. Triche is a better rebounder. Neither Triche or Scoop is better then an average defender in the zone. Both get exposed.

Triche is the best on man defender of the group. He is the only one that fights through and over screens. Dion does very little of that but goes for a lot of steals even from guys he isn't guarding which leaves his man alone at times. That is OK because he gets some steals. Scoop is the weakest defender of the 3 because he doesn't do enough of either.

Triche is the best on man defender of the group. He is the only one that fights through and over screens. Dion does very little of that but goes for a lot of steals even from guys he isn't guarding which leaves his man alone at times. That is OK because he gets some steals. Scoop is the weakest defender of the 3 because he doesn't do enough of either.

Is it game changing though? That is why I don't bring up defense b/c it, IMO, hasn't been a big thing this season from either Triche or Scoop. They both close on shooters. They both do a decent job of keeping guards out of the paint. Both Scoop and Triche have played with Dion and haven't noticed a difference in individual ability.

Not denying Brandon is a better all around player, but I don't think defense is a reason Triche should play ahead of Scoop.

Couldn't agree more. The thought of both seniors horrible play and heart was my main complaint tonight.

As bad as they were, does anybody think Triche was any better?

My point was strictly for the seniors. Nobody played good to say the least, but when that happens your seniors have to show "senior leadership", it's what they're counted on for.

I had to leave for plane boarding about 12 minutes into the game. I noticed that KJ dribbled ball off his foot etc twice and that Scoop took 3 terrible shots...if it wasnt for Dirty in the time I watched we would have been in even worst position.

Did not see any senior leadership...frankly I didnt see much hustle and heart out there either. My disappointment is in above...not that we lost but the way in which we lost...nothing defensively...first three-four minutes of first half was like we didnt know how to play the perimeter...it was truly disappointing for this team to play this way.

I had to leave for plane boarding about 12 minutes into the game. I noticed that KJ dribbled ball off his foot etc twice and that Scoop took 3 terrible shots...if it wasnt for Dirty in the time I watched we would have been in even worst position.

Did not see any senior leadership...frankly I didnt see much hustle and heart out there either. My disappointment is in above...not that we lost but the way in which we lost...nothing defensively...first three-four minutes of first half was like we didnt know how to play the perimeter...it was truly disappointing for this team to play this way.

Why do you hate Scoop so much? You always exaggerate his faults.

Scoop had only taken 1 shot 12 minutes into the game - so not sure how you saw him miss two other terrible ones unless you're talking about warm-ups.

Scoop had only taken 1 shot 12 minutes into the game - so not sure how you saw him miss two other terrible ones unless you're talking about warm-ups.

lol at warm ups.

I agree about the seniors, but it indeed felt like an entire "team effort" tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom