Kris Curtis might be out | Syracusefan.com

Kris Curtis might be out

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Didn't sound like Curtis would be out for long but could miss the opening of camp- injury.

So Pugh for sure and possibly Curtis to.

Addazio is out as is Foster. No word on how long Addazio is out.

Said Hickey is healthy and ready to go.

Didn't sound like Curtis would be out for long but could miss the opening of camp- injury.

I dont have anything concrete on Addazio but from Marrones interview yesterday with Axe and the rumors on Foster I get the feeling both are out for awhile especially Foster.

Foster is out for the year based on multiple things I've heard.

He mentioned Nick Robinson at tackle. Yikes, I don't think he is close to ready. Kid has potential, but I think he needs at least another year of S&C and coaching.

I dont have anything concrete on Addazio but from Marrones interview yesterday with Axe and the rumors on Foster I get the feeling both are out for awhile especially Foster.

Dan Tortora@CallDT
Marrone on WR Kyle Foster: "He's out for the year and I'm disappointed".

At this point, I wonder if Addazio will ever be able to suit up for us.

Too bad--would have liked to see what he could do.

Dan Tortora@CallDT
Marrone on WR Kyle Foster: "He's out for the year and I'm disappointed".

Dame, had a feeling this was the case. Not a huge loss but you never like losing a player for the year before camp even starts especially when that position isnt very deep to begin with. Hope he can rehab and be ready to go by the spring gonna need him next year.

Yep he said they'd try Robinson at tackle. Really raved about Hickey.

I'm surprised there's been no talk about Phillips though. I personally thought he played pretty well in relief of Hay last year.

On a non-injury note he talked about changing things schematically to make bigger plays. Not just trying to make deep balls but (paraphrasing) mentioned short plays with big play potential by getting "Gulley" and "Broyld" outside and isolated one on one. Wants 'speed' in these situations so the speed can make a big play.

I was happy to hear that because I thought that's what made Bailey so good two years ago and then we didn't see it at all last year which had a lot of us screaming that they weren't using Bailey the right way. I think Gulley would be fantastic in this role.

I was happy to hear that because I thought that's what made Bailey so good two years ago and then we didn't see it at all last year which had a lot of us screaming that they weren't using Bailey the right way. I think Gulley would be fantastic in this role.

Thinking about that a little more, hopefully Broyld is a good blocker out on the edge. Lemon is, so if you get PTG the ball and you have Bryold and Lemon blocking that could be a really nice option.

On a non-injury note he talked about changing things schematically to make bigger plays. Not just trying to make deep balls but (paraphrasing) mentioned short plays with big play potential by getting "Gulley" and "Broyld" outside and isolated one on one. Wants 'speed' in these situations so the speed can make a big play.

Haven't we essentially heard this before? I didn't see a whole lot last season that was different from the year before. I also take the "short plays with big play potential" with a grain of salt. In theory, isn't every play designed to be a TD?

Dame, had a feeling this was the case. Not a huge loss but you never like losing a player for the year before camp even starts especially when that position isnt very deep to begin with. Hope he can rehab and be ready to go by the spring gonna need him next year.

WR - Lemon, Sales, West, Kobena will be, and was going to be, the core rotation. X-factor is Hale, what does he bring, and will Fleming ever be a contributor. They can absorb this. If it cascades to multiple injuries, then obviously it's a problem, but that would be the case in any program if they lost 3 or 4 guys in any spot.

Yep he said they'd try Robinson at tackle. Really raved about Hickey.

I'm surprised there's been no talk about Phillips though. I personally thought he played pretty well in relief of Hay last year.

Phillips is the likely back-up to Pugh on the left side. Robinson looks the part for OT.
I agree that Gulley and Broyld should contribute at a slot back role. Very different players, but these two are among our better athletes. Last season, after Gulley was hurt, it was Graham and Kobena when it wasn't Harris as a FB/HB. The options this year are better.

If Lemon and Sales stay healthy we should be fine at WR. Hale and Flemming need to step up as well as Kobena. The true frosh might have a chance to see the field if he has a strong camp. What about the Juco from CA any word has he made it to camp

If Lemon and Sales stay healthy we should be fine at WR. Hale and Flemming need to step up as well as Kobena. The true frosh might have a chance to see the field if he has a strong camp. What about the Juco from CA any word has he made it to camp

Saturday is reporting day. We'll know about everyone then.

WR - Lemon, Sales, West, Kobena will be, and was going to be, the core rotation. X-factor is Hale, what does he bring, and will Fleming ever be a contributor. They can absorb this. If it cascades to multiple injuries, then obviously it's a problem, but that would be the case in any program if they lost 3 or 4 guys in any spot.

Yup I agree Foster was never going to play a serious role barring major injuries but it would have been nice to have him practicing regularly and maybe running him out there in certain packages if he showed something or if injuries had hurt the depth and modified the rotation. Hale and Flemming could both be major X factors as Kobena has pretty much shown nothing to date at the position and we will likely have to limit West's PT in order to keep him healthy.

Other than a kneel-down, what play on offense is designed to get tackled?

If the primary read is a TE hook on 3rd and 3, is that designed to go for a TD? Not every play is intended to be a TD, it's designed to achieve a particular objective given down, distance, field position, time, score and the defense it is going against.

If the primary read is a TE hook on 3rd and 3, is that designed to go for a TD? Not every play is intended to be a TD, it's designed to achieve a particular objective given down, distance, field position, time, score and the defense it is going against.

"Every play is designed to be a TD" is not my original thought. It has been said many times by many coaches, including hall of fame coaches. Maybe Paul Brown was stupid.:noidea:

Yup I agree Foster was never going to play a serious role barring major injuries but it would have been nice to have him practicing regularly and maybe running him out there in certain packages if he showed something or if injuries had hurt the depth and modified the rotation. Hale and Flemming could both be major X factors as Kobena has pretty much shown nothing to date at the position and we will likely have to limit West's PT in order to keep him healthy.

Foster and Kobena were true freshman last year. Chances are, they'd be more ready to contribute this year.

I expect Kobena to be a very good player this season for us.

"Every play is designed to be a TD" is not my original thought. It has been said many times by many coaches, including hall of fame coaches. Maybe Paul Brown was stupid.:noidea:

In the abstract sure everyplay could be a TD if the defense is unsound and you get a guy in a position with the ball that if he beats one guy he's gone sure. But that's not reality. Plenty of pass plays are designed to find the soft spot in a zone in order to get a first down or achieve a positive down and distance for the next play. If the defender slips and it goes for a TD, that's gravy. But it wasn't "designed" for a TD.

When the primary read on a pass play is a 12 year comeback, is that designed to go for a TD?

Tha

t freaqking black cloud still hangs out over the program.Curtis is a very good player who could step into Pugh's spot and excel.:bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom