Krzyzewski's vision | Syracusefan.com

Krzyzewski's vision

As long as SU fball got a seat at the big boy table I'd be fine with college football becoming a separate thing. SU bball in a conference with traditional BE and ACC basketball powerhouses is appealing.
Wonder if there will be relegation with the new power football conference.

Wonder if there will be relegation with the new power football conference.

Hard to say. If we get a spot with the football big boys, there is no doubt that you are at the table with big time predators. It’s going to be risky business, and the same people that have been bending and breaking the rules for decades will continue to do so whatever those rules are.

I’m not a college football fan in general. I root for Syracuse and watch a handful of games every season. I am a college basketball fan. my thought is if we are left behind in football inevitably eventually we will be left behind in basketball, only a matter of time. I think that’s the case even if football splits off. There is just so much much more money in the football side.

I don't think we will need the Big East non-football schools.

Plenty of schools will be looking for homes when the SEC and BIG 10 boot some longstanding members.

The NCAAT expanded to 64 teams in 1985. I am all for going back to those conferences.

So...

PennState, Rutgers, West Virginia to the A10
Maryland to the ACC
Mizzou, Nebraska, Oklahoma to the Big 8
Cincy, Florida State, Louisville, South Carolina, VA Tech to the Metro
The Pac 10 back
The SWC back

And SU in the Big East along with BC, Georgetown, Nova, Pitt, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns, UConn

or...

the NCAA should cap BBall conferences at 10 teams. That allows for a round robin schedule. I still think in our case having the old Big East would be the best with maybe 1 more team to get to 10. I think Notre Dame would fit best. Then maybe one of West Virginia, Rutgers, Penn State, VCU.

This guy sees better than Coach K

A hybrid league where the majority of members don't give a crap about FBS football? What could go wrong?

miltonofficespace_thumb.jpg

How is this thread a closet Duke fan thread?
Does reporting what a prominent person on a particular subject area says make the reporter a fan of the person? Should we censure or ignore what is said by someone because you are offended by mention of that person? Are you the judge of of what is acceptable reporting? Would you like to censure posters that you suspect of being closet Duke fans or closet fans of anyone else who might be on your list?

How is this thread a closet Duke fan thread?
Does reporting what a prominent person on a particular subject area says make the reporter a fan of the person? Should we censure or ignore what is said by someone because you are offended by mention of that person? Are you the judge of of what is acceptable reporting? Would you like to censure posters that you suspect of being closet Duke fans or closet fans of anyone else who might be on your list?
You're taking this personally. There's a lot of other Duke crap here. FCK them.

JB and K are friends. You hate Duke. So what? The rest of us are supposed to not mention K's name to hold up your honor?
Would be quite embarrassing if your Duke hate / paranoia appeared on their board as they don't give Cuse a seconds worth of thought.

Being that you refer to closet Duke fans on our board, give me one example of a Duke fan posing as a Cuse fan.

My bold prediction is that FBS football will be separated from other collegiate sports and regionalized, which could very well lead to something like this.

That would be best for everyone.
It's pretty easy to see a separation happening. It's one thing for Stanford and Cal to play in a conference of eastern schools because they choose to sponsor sports (like field hockey and WLax) that aren't played to any great extent on the West Coast and it's quite another for them to do it because they're forced to be in a conference that's based on the East Coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom