Kyle Guy | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Guy

I don’t know but they will be a pain in the a$s if all those guys are back. They should be better offensively, IMO. Guy, Jerome, Salt, Diakete, Hunter, all back.

I don’t know but they will be a pain in the a$s if all those guys are back. They should be better offensively, IMO. Guy, Jerome, Salt, Diakete, Hunter, all back.
maybe - I mean, I doubt they'll be worse but Hall and Wilkins are pretty important pieces

I don’t think the players are that important to Virginia. That system is a pain to play against.
generally agree - but they're not a contender unless they have at least one dynamic offensive threat, which they didn't really have last year (Guy was starting to come on but was streaky and would disappear for games)

generally agree - but they're not a contender unless they have at least one dynamic offensive threat, which they didn't really have last year (Guy was starting to come on but was streaky and would disappear for games)

Hunter is a big X factor for them this year. Good athlete and skills. Can get some buckets.

Hunter is a big X factor for them this year. Good athlete and skills. Can get some buckets.
he's a really good player right now but not quite a take-over-the-game guy - next year though, look out

he's a really good player right now but not quite a take-over-the-game guy - next year though, look out

For sure. But a guy who can make some things happen if Guy or Jerome are cold. I like them.

maybe - I mean, I doubt they'll be worse but Hall and Wilkins are pretty important pieces
Replacing Wilkins and Hall is going to be a challenge. The intangibles they bring to the team have been significant. Hall's leadership cannot be overstated. Based on player quotes, it seems some of them are more intimidated by him, when they make mistakes, than they are of the staff. Or, at least, this seemed to be a common sentiment among the younger players. No one, on this squad, plays with more heart than Wilkins. He has to lead the team in floor burns per minute, maybe even the conference.. I don't see Virginia replacing these qualities completely. That said, one of the strengths of Bennett's staff appears to be their ability to coach and/or motivate players to work and continue to improve throughout their time in Charlottesville. With that in mind, next season's X factor may be Mamadi Diakite. If he continues to follow the same sort of developmental curve he has the past three years, next year opponents will again be asking, "Where does Bennett find them?". Diakite's gains have been substantial this season.

i was at the game vs unc tonight, ended up buying tix at the last minute for 70 bucks, wa salon of fun, UVA was very dominant vs unc tonight, they imposed their will on the def end and seemed to get a lot of open looks off screens for 3, they were much better than i thought they were ( i took unc +4 :( ) so i was cheering for the heels. Their defensive intensity was incredible, the crowd fed of their def energy and they shut unc down for the most part outside of may making a bunch of jumpers this could have been a blowout...kyle guy was very impressive, coming off screens he shot the ball very well and if the defender bit he would fake and go right by him, i don't see him as an nba player but i seem him as a very very very good 4 year college player, he is going to give the rest of the acc headaches for the next two years, the kid jerome was also very good...as a fan their brand of basketball wasn't too fun to watch, basically zero transition baskets and very half court oriented, reminded me of cuse but on a much higher level

Replacing Wilkins and Hall is going to be a challenge. The intangibles they bring to the team have been significant. Hall's leadership cannot be overstated. Based on player quotes, it seems some of them are more intimidated by him, when they make mistakes, than they are of the staff. Or, at least, this seemed to be a common sentiment among the younger players. No one, on this squad, plays with more heart than Wilkins. He has to lead the team in floor burns per minute, maybe even the conference.. I don't see Virginia replacing these qualities completely. That said, one of the strengths of Bennett's staff appears to be their ability to coach and/or motivate players to work and continue to improve throughout their time in Charlottesville. With that in mind, next season's X factor may be Mamadi Diakite. If he continues to follow the same sort of developmental curve he has the past three years, next year opponents will again be asking, "Where does Bennett find them?". Diakite's gains have been substantial this season.
so any chatter that Guy will go thru draft process this yr?

I think he's an nba player. elite shooter with ultra-quick release
i'll save you the trouble, he has no position and he isn't guarding anybody. he is a lot like Gerry actually, great college player but not NBA material

i'll save you the trouble, he has no position and he isn't guarding anybody. he is a lot like Gerry actually, great college player but not NBA material
markedly better athlete/defender than Gmac.
we'll see though

markedly better athlete/defender than Gmac.
we'll see though
no offense but I don't see that at all

edit: let me put it this way, I think we can agree that Guy is guarding NBA 2 guards (they are like 6 inches taller than him). so if he is playing in the nba it is as a PG, which to be reasonable is insane.

i don't see him as an nba player at all, he's athletic but not an nba level athlete and idk how he'd fare in a different system than uva, i don't see him being able to get by his man since his first step isn't quick enough, comparing him to tyus, he has a better jumper but as of now he seems mostly as a spot up shooter and really cant create his own offensive, tyus on the other hand is much more athletic, has the ability to blow by defenders and create his own offense and he's not even a projected first rounder as of now

I think he's an nba player. elite shooter with ultra-quick release

If scotty thurman and randy rutherford were not NBA players, Guy sure isn't

so any chatter that Guy will go thru draft process this yr?
I haven't heard anything that would suggest that. As others have noted, he does lack the size of a typical NBA shooting guard. If he were to have any chance, I think his ball handling would need to improve, and even then it might be a stretch. Of course, at the same point in his career, I didn't think Perrantes would make it either, and now he has a two way contract with Cleveland. The last I heard he had been called up and was on the Cavalier roster, but that was a while ago. I imagine everyone with eligibility will be returning for next year. I believe Salt should get his degree this spring, so he could decide to go home, but I think he sticks around for a graduate degree.

Any current Cuse players crack the rotation at UVA other than Tyus or Oshae? Maybe a healthy Sidibe? Maybe Marek with 20lbs?
I get you but that is almost 40% of our team.

I feel like half of UVA's roster, if on Syracuse, would be the reason we could never play M2M.

You can't play M2M with ___*insert UVA player*___ he'd get destroyed!! :)

If we have battle and brissett back there’s not a team in the nation besides UNC i’ll worry about. Not Virginia, not Duke, not Kentucky or Kansas.

Arguing about who Kyle Guy can guard doesn’t seem like a good argument. He was one of the best defenders in the ACC this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom