Kyle Guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Guy

Arguing about who Kyle Guy can guard doesn’t seem like a good argument. He was one of the best defenders in the ACC this year.
And it showed in the dome, despite what some posters thought they saw.

Arguing about who Kyle Guy can guard doesn’t seem like a good argument. He was one of the best defenders in the ACC this year.
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I think it is appropriate to say that he is significantly better now than he was last year. Significantly! He isn't at Devon Hall's level, yet. That said, true frosh Marco Anthony does have that kind of potential.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I think it is appropriate to say that he is significantly better now than he was last year. Significantly! He isn't at Devon Hall's level, yet. That said, true frosh Marco Anthony does have that kind of potential.
Get out of here with your fancy players that stay 4 years.

Replacing Wilkins and Hall is going to be a challenge. The intangibles they bring to the team have been significant. Hall's leadership cannot be overstated. Based on player quotes, it seems some of them are more intimidated by him, when they make mistakes, than they are of the staff. Or, at least, this seemed to be a common sentiment among the younger players. No one, on this squad, plays with more heart than Wilkins. He has to lead the team in floor burns per minute, maybe even the conference.. I don't see Virginia replacing these qualities completely. That said, one of the strengths of Bennett's staff appears to be their ability to coach and/or motivate players to work and continue to improve throughout their time in Charlottesville. With that in mind, next season's X factor may be Mamadi Diakite. If he continues to follow the same sort of developmental curve he has the past three years, next year opponents will again be asking, "Where does Bennett find them?". Diakite's gains have been substantial this season.
As long as that Head Coach is there, Virginia will be a perennial headache.
Remember, they weren’t picked to be THIS good this season, but they’ve dominated.
They remind me of “early Boeheim” Syracuse. Great system that’s now in place, young winning HC in Bennett, who IMO is the best in the country, and a defensive scheme that gives people fits.
They’re now in reload mode and the only way that’ll change is if Bennett leaves.

Last year someone on here crucified me when I said he was a 4 year player. I'm sticking with it. Very solid college player, not nba material.

Last year someone on here crucified me when I said he was a 4 year player. I'm sticking with it. Very solid college player, not nba material.
would have agreed w you last year - he's a different player this year

Well the 2nd or 3rd best defensive player on UVA is still one of the best defensive players in the country the way you guys give up points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom