Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!!

Excellent QB but huge props to the OLine. They've been much improved from last year.

It’s a lot easier to pass pro when the qb gets rid of the ball on script….EVERY play.

I’m not saying that they’re not better, because they are, but the QB is a significant factor in the fan’s perception of how the OL performs.

Let’s see when we a face a more downhill DL.
It's sure is nice to debate why we're good on offense for a change. (It's 80% mccord btw)

What a story to tell to recruits, especially transfers. We will allow you to flourish more than Ohio St - if you don't believe me look at Kyle McCord. 29 attempts per game there (up big i know) vs 42 attempts here

Ohio State fans/admins/you name it are such morons. Run him out of town for going 18-30, 271, 2 td, 2 int against michigan. It was the best anyone did against Michigan. Psychos
And if ya have seen that game tape, both ints were on the wrs for not finish the routes, worrying about hits.

What I love, in addition to what McCord is doing for our football program, is that he's showing others (esp Ohio State) that he's elite. He didn't come to Cuse because he couldn't make it at a big boy program. Any program would be nuts not to want this young man. I'm f-n thrilled!

Sure looks like an elite QB to me. He’s one of the best I have ever seen on the college level. His accuracy and ability to read the defense is Payton Manning like. Just calling it as I see it
It's crazy to compare anybody to Manning or Brady... We're talking about some of the best QBs of all time.

But, as a lifelong Patriots fan, McCord is doing some of the things that Brady did. Especially, McCord seems to really see the field and the coverage very well. Anticipating the defense and throwing to the right guy as he came open is what made Brady among the best QBs ever.

McCord does some of that, and he is only in his second year starting. He should get better with additional experience.

It's crazy to compare anybody to Manning or Brady... We're talking about some of the best QBs of all time.

But, as a lifelong Patriots fan, McCord is doing some of the things that Brady did. Especially, McCord seems to really see the field and the coverage very well. Anticipating the defense and throwing to the right guy as he came open is what made Brady among the best QBs ever.

McCord does some of that, and he is only in his second year starting. He should get better with additional experience.
Yes he certainly is and Brady wasn’t this good when he was in college

I’ve had end zone seats for years. One of the great things is to be able to watch the qb make throws.

DeVito and Shrader threw to receivers. McCord throws to spots waaay more often…especially the outs.

McCord’s throws on the far side outs are great. But the two throws that stood out today for me was the third down deep ball off his back foot to Peña who made a diving grab, and the over the middle throw to OG that he dropped over the backer in front of the safety - that window was about the size of 3 footballs. Absolutely sick throws.
NFL qbs make throws to where guys will be..

Some of those yesterday were ridiculously early, fun to watch

What could stop him from being the top QB drafted? Not saying he will be, but between what he did at Ohio St and what he's doing here, he absolutely could be.
Beck and Quinn are a notch above. Don’t get me wrong, I love what he’s doing. He could work his way into a high pick, but #1 is like a 0.5% chance.

Sure looks like an elite QB to me. He’s one of the best I have ever seen on the college level. His accuracy and ability to read the defense is Payton Manning like. Just calling it as I see it
Peyton Manning comparison is fine, but the NFL has changed. Not a slight on Kyle at all. He could definitely elevate himself, but there are better QBs from a talent perspective. If they keep healthy and winning, one of those 2 will likely be the #1 pick.

Peyton Manning comparison is fine, but the NFL has changed. Not a slight on Kyle at all. He could definitely elevate himself, but there are better QBs from a talent perspective. If they keep healthy and winning, one of those 2 will likely be the #1 pick.
Who are they ?

My wife and I went to the mall after the game because it’s my sons 2nd birthday Monday so wanted to do the build a bear thing where you pay their age.

While waiting for Cheesecake Factory takeout a family wearing all Ohio St stuff walked by, I said “thanks for the qb!!” They looked at me puzzled and then said “oh yeah, good luck with him” and kinda rolled their eyes.

I said well he threw for almost 400 yards today and they just walked off.

Sad they can’t appreciate how good this kid is
probably never set foot in the state of Ohio, just local frontrunning bandwagoneers

Last edited:
Only 4?

McCord, Allen, OG, Pena, Meeks, Haynes... haven't even seen Justus Ross Simmons (and honestly, I think it would be wise to redshirt him at this point anyway, with all the weapons we have).
no way, go for it all, don't redshirt JRS, just put all these guys in the game in waves and wear out a team's secondary

Last edited:
Ohio State fans/admins/you name it are such morons. Run him out of town for going 18-30, 271, 2 td, 2 int against michigan. It was the best anyone did against Michigan. Psychos
I think it was more that he didn’t throw for 45 td’s like the three guys before him and not being a plus athlete.

Agree with your take overall.

Haha...wait the "Losers lunch table "?
jim carrey GIF
Let's make sure the full quote gets to Fran's bulletin board "kids from the losers lunch table (Syracuse).'

Exactly, not to mention they had their play book and signals, extra difficulty points when the opposing D knows what's being called...

Yep or as I’ve been saying, and with what you noted, with an O like this we can win EVERY game, we won’t but we’ll be in every one going forward.

Found myself saying things I never thought I’d say as a Syracuse fan during the game, about the near impeccable playcalling, The fantastic decisions and clock management by the staff, not one false start penalty and that we are watching an NFL quarterback in real time here.

Just awesome, enjoy the ride folks wherever it takes us
Kyle looks at the defensive sets and realizes where the weak spots are. He and Nixon play to our strengths, and the defensive weaknesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom