Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!!

Here is one thing he did that scared the crap out of me.When GT had closed the gap and we had the ball, he threw into traffic on that middle screen to LA and LA made a juggling grab surrounded by defenders. If that gets picked, we might all be crying today. But it didn't happen. That being said, he is a fantastic QB and we are fortunate to have him.

Here is one thing he did that scared the crap out of me.When GT had closed the gap and we had the ball, he threw into traffic on that middle screen to LA and LA made a juggling grab surrounded by defenders. If that gets picked, we might all be crying today. But it didn't happen. That being said, he is a fantastic QB and we are fortunate to have him.
Yep but that is nearly 100% on the coaches. The kid thinks he can make every throw, including that one. With an appropriate bullet like throw there to get it there thru traffic it can go sideways too easy and almost did.

You CANNOT call that play there in that circumstance. Literally the only time I recall yesterday being pissed at the coaches.

Yep but that is nearly 100% on the coaches. The kid thinks he can make every throw, including that one. With an appropriate bullet like throw there to get it there thru traffic it can go sideways too easy and almost did.

You CANNOT call that play there in that circumstance. Literally the only time I recall yesterday being pissed at the coaches.
I'm.with you but he had no business trying to squeeze that ball in there. I thought he showed poor judgment. Just look at the next option or throw it OOB with a receiver in the vicinity for an incomplete pass.

I'm.with you but he had no business trying to squeeze that ball in there. I thought he showed poor judgment. Just look at the next option or throw it OOB with a receiver in the vicinity for an incomplete pass.
Yes it looks as though you may have found some minor imperfection in an otherwise phenomenal game No quarterback is perfect

Haha...wait the "Losers lunch table "?
jim carrey GIF
It’s fair.

That's the only thing that I was wondering what he was doing. If we're rolling with one mistake every two games, we're in good shape.

The risk/reward and how tight it was and nowhere for the receiver to go after a catch anyway, didn't make sense.

"I thought he would land at a major school, but Syracuse is an utterly perplexing decision," Finebaum said. "It's a program that, frankly, doesn't have a great past of coming back quickly. I appreciate him getting an opportunity, but a year ago this guy was considered a can't-miss and now he's going to Syracuse. It's weird."

How do you like your crow, Mr. Finebaum?

Here are a few of suggestions...

Ugh.

Finebaum

He continued to get some nice praise. The espn segment cited before. The athletic listed him first in their weekly draft analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...uting-kyle-mccord/?source=user_shared_article

Excerpt. Full piece analyzes his throw to Hatcher over middle.

“Did Ohio State make a mistake by swapping out quarterbacks (McCord for Will Howard) this offseason? I’m not going to say that, because the Buckeyes’ coaches have a lot of respect for McCord as a passer and leader. But they were looking for more of a playmaker at the position — one who also can affect the defense with his feet. McCord’s average mobility and inconsistent results when forced to create outside of structure can be limiting factors against top defenses, but he deserves more credit as one of the most decisive and efficient pocket passers in college football. He’s a rising NFL prospect.”

He continued to get some nice praise. The espn segment cited before. The athletic listed him first in their weekly draft analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...uting-kyle-mccord/?source=user_shared_article

Excerpt. Full piece analyzes his throw to Hatcher over middle.

“Did Ohio State make a mistake by swapping out quarterbacks (McCord for Will Howard) this offseason? I’m not going to say that, because the Buckeyes’ coaches have a lot of respect for McCord as a passer and leader. But they were looking for more of a playmaker at the position — one who also can affect the defense with his feet. McCord’s average mobility and inconsistent results when forced to create outside of structure can be limiting factors against top defenses, but he deserves more credit as one of the most decisive and efficient pocket passers in college football. He’s a rising NFL prospect.”
I found another site listing him as a dark horse, with the caveat of no high profile games. Said he'd have to dismantle Miami for any real consideration.

Yep or as I’ve been saying, and with what you noted, with an O like this we can win EVERY game, we won’t but we’ll be in every one going forward.

Found myself saying things I never thought I’d say as a Syracuse fan during the game, about the near impeccable playcalling, The fantastic decisions and clock management by the staff, not one false start penalty and that we are watching an NFL quarterback in real time here.

Just awesome, enjoy the ride folks wherever it takes us
1725978231562.gif

Great write up on Kyle as a rising NFL draft prospect. First guy mentioned in this article from The Athletic:

Kyle McCord, QB, Syracuse

McCord (6025v, 221v) is a cool customer who knows where to go with the football and delivers with timing. A lot of what the Ohio State transfer does well are things that have helped Brock Purdy be successful in the NFL.

Through two games this season, McCord is completing 69.4 percent of his passes and is the only FBS passer with 700-plus passing yards and eight touchdowns. Most importantly, he has the Orange at 2-0, including a notable win over Georgia Tech.

This play from Saturday is impressive on a number of levels.

First, McCord is reading left to right in his three-step drop, quickly scanning the field. He stays in rhythm at the top of his drop — his back foot hits and he rips the pass down the seam. His ability to be decisive within rhythm has my full attention.

The next part of this play is the recognition. McCord anticipates the middle of the field being open with the boundary safety (No. 7) sorting through route combinations and the mismatch of the slot receiver (No. 5) against a Georgia Tech LB (No. 0). The receiver isn’t open when McCord starts his delivery, but he has a knack for finding those seam windows.

And then there’s the throw. McCord rips the seam with perfect touch and loft to clear the underneath linebacker and hit his target in stride. He doesn’t have a Matthew Stafford-type arm in terms of pure velocity, but consistent rhythm with his feet and timing allows him to fire strikes with accuracy.

Did Ohio State make a mistake by swapping out quarterbacks (McCord for Will Howard) this offseason? I’m not going to say that, because the Buckeyes’ coaches have a lot of respect for McCord as a passer and leader. But they were looking for more of a playmaker at the position — one who also can affect the defense with his feet. McCord’s average mobility and inconsistent results when forced to create outside of structure can be limiting factors against top defenses, but he deserves more credit as one of the most decisive and efficient pocket passers in college football. He’s a rising NFL prospect.

Great write up on Kyle as a rising NFL draft prospect. First guy mentioned in this article from The Athletic:

Kyle McCord, QB, Syracuse

McCord (6025v, 221v) is a cool customer who knows where to go with the football and delivers with timing. A lot of what the Ohio State transfer does well are things that have helped Brock Purdy be successful in the NFL.

Through two games this season, McCord is completing 69.4 percent of his passes and is the only FBS passer with 700-plus passing yards and eight touchdowns. Most importantly, he has the Orange at 2-0, including a notable win over Georgia Tech.

This play from Saturday is impressive on a number of levels.

First, McCord is reading left to right in his three-step drop, quickly scanning the field. He stays in rhythm at the top of his drop — his back foot hits and he rips the pass down the seam. His ability to be decisive within rhythm has my full attention.

The next part of this play is the recognition. McCord anticipates the middle of the field being open with the boundary safety (No. 7) sorting through route combinations and the mismatch of the slot receiver (No. 5) against a Georgia Tech LB (No. 0). The receiver isn’t open when McCord starts his delivery, but he has a knack for finding those seam windows.

And then there’s the throw. McCord rips the seam with perfect touch and loft to clear the underneath linebacker and hit his target in stride. He doesn’t have a Matthew Stafford-type arm in terms of pure velocity, but consistent rhythm with his feet and timing allows him to fire strikes with accuracy.

Did Ohio State make a mistake by swapping out quarterbacks (McCord for Will Howard) this offseason? I’m not going to say that, because the Buckeyes’ coaches have a lot of respect for McCord as a passer and leader. But they were looking for more of a playmaker at the position — one who also can affect the defense with his feet. McCord’s average mobility and inconsistent results when forced to create outside of structure can be limiting factors against top defenses, but he deserves more credit as one of the most decisive and efficient pocket passers in college football. He’s a rising NFL prospect.
Brugler is an excellent and highly respected talent evaluator. Former NFL scout who now runs his own draft scouting business. If you are really interested in the draft, check out his yearly NFL draft guide known as "The Beast."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom