Class of 2014 - Kyron Watson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kyron Watson

He could fly out and meet Watson tonight, perhaps he is waiting till next week after his OV to illinois

I'd love that to be true, but to me that seems a bit implausible. Thats a lot of back and forth. Don't like that its not happening as previously scheduled.

I'd love that to be true, but to me that seems a bit implausible. Thats a lot of back and forth. Don't like that its not happening as previously scheduled.

Honestly, how do we know that it didn't happen already if no one says anything. Schedules change.

Recruiting info is kind of similar to technology. The second a tidbit is released it's generally outdated.

HCSS just tweeted from Philly, so we know he doesn't have an in-home with Watson today. the plot thickens...

BesVSOrCMAMVhe6.jpg:large

• Yeah HCSS, McDonald and Moore. Oh and now I am craving a real Philly Cheesesteak.

The Illinois visit is good for us

A- Just wondering your thought train behind saying this...

There's a YouTube video floating around, its one of those blah blah reaction videos, to a bunch of Illinois students watching a (I think) b-ball player make his announcement and he mistakenly puts the Illinois hat on first. It's like watching 50 kids do the John Belushi outtakes from Animal House where they're egging him on to do different expressions in rapid fire. Not saying I want to lose out to Illinois on this one...but there is some sympathy for the doormats and dumpsters (exception: the girls).

I digress--Would like to hear some more speculation as to what the possibilities are with the bits of information that have come out and just the odyssey this is turning into. Seems to me the simplest explanation is he's been Jayhawk all along.

After watching his tape I was blown away at what a complete player this guy already is, physically he's extremely gifted coupled with great instincts and IQ... Watson I think would be the redemption for all of our program's cumulative recruiting woes the last few years running and it would come at an incredibly auspicious moment...and I think he would be pure napalm right from the get in our system...aggressive striker with plenty of swagger...there simply isn't a more perfect fit.

A- Just wondering your thought train behind saying this...

There's a YouTube video floating around, its one of those blah blah reaction videos, to a bunch of Illinois students watching a (I think) b-ball player make his announcement and he mistakenly puts the Illinois hat on first. It's like watching 50 kids do the John Belushi outtakes from Animal House where they're egging him on to do different expressions in rapid fire. Not saying I want to lose out to Illinois on this one...but there is some sympathy for the doormats and dumpsters (exception: the girls).

I digress--Would like to hear some more speculation as to what the possibilities are with the bits of information that have come out and just the odyssey this is turning into. Seems to me the simplest explanation is he's been Jayhawk all along.

After watching his tape I was blown away at what a complete player this guy already is, physically he's extremely gifted coupled with great instincts and IQ... Watson I think would be the redemption for all of our program's cumulative recruiting woes the last few years running and it would come at an incredibly auspicious moment...and I think he would be pure napalm right from the get in our system...aggressive striker with plenty of swagger...there simply isn't a more perfect fit.

I completely agree with your assessment of Watson as a prospect. I absolutely love his film, and would think he would be the best prospect we bring in this class. And I absolutely love Moskal and Franklin's film. imo they are 1-2 prospect wise so our LBer haul would be absolutely ridiculous if wer can get him. That's not even mentioning Bennett who may be the fastest of all the LBers. Shafers has said he feels strong LBer play is the key to attacking these spread offenses so if we can get prospects like this we will be that much better.

Anyways my rationale behind the Illinois OV being a good thing for us is just because his original plan coming out of the dead period was to take OV's to Syracuse 1/17, and Illinois 1/24. So it contradicts that ESPN article that came out after his Syracuse OV saying he is all KU and shutting down his recruitment. When he left Syracuse Sunday allegedly we were in VERY good position for him. I just can't see completely changing his mind 3 days later. He has been real private all along, and seemingly going out of the way to protect KU (which could ultimately hurt them). Anyways to see he is still taking visits shows that he's still not completely sold on KU. If he goes to Illinois and has as good of a time Ishmael had (said Syracuse was WAY better), then it could even further open Watson's eyes.

Then again who knows I could be totally off base, and he will stick to his commitment. I am not counting us out just quite yet though

Anyways my rationale behind the Illinois OV being a good thing for us is just because his original plan coming out of the dead period was to take OV's to Syracuse 1/17, and Illinois 1/24. So it contradicts that ESPN article that came out after his Syracuse OV saying he is all KU and shutting down his recruitment. When he left Syracuse Sunday allegedly we were in VERY good position for him. I just can't see completely changing his mind 3 days later. He has been real private all along, and seemingly going out of the way to protect KU (which could ultimately hurt them). Anyways to see he is still taking visits shows that he's still not completely sold on KU. If he goes to Illinois and has as good of a time Ishmael had (said Syracuse was WAY better), then it could even further open Watson's eyes.

agree with your assessment.

I just watched Watson's film. Although I'm 99.5% certain we're out of this, wow, that's one of the best high school LB films I've seen. Scrapes down the line, accelerates through tackles, gets off blocks, great angles, good in coverage, play recognition is very good, kickoff team high-lights. Now I don't know how his speed and size translate bc I'm not buying 6'1, but he could be special.

I just watched Watson's film. Although I'm 99.5% certain we're out of this, wow, that's one of the best high school LB films I've seen. Scrapes down the line, accelerates through tackles, gets off blocks, great angles, good in coverage, play recognition is very good, kickoff team high-lights. Now I don't know how his speed and size translate bc I'm not buying 6'1, but he could be special.

i felt the exact same way. i didn't think it would be possible for someones highlight film to impress me more then Moskal's, but Watson did. I doubt he's 6 foot though

Then again who knows I could be totally off base, and he will stick to his commitment. I am not counting us out just quite yet though

Appreciate you taking the time to elaborate. And certainly agree that the situation has been quite opaque as to what is really going on. Everything that has been reported seems to contradict the insider info...just a strange situation.

If Ray Tillman really is visiting this weekend, then I would have to assume we are out with Watson. We know Shafer didn't visit him yesterday. He could have visited him earlier in the week, but...

Trueblue25 said:
Yeah enjoy ... well... I can't imagine any part of being part of the Kansas defense enjoyable next year.

Baylor will make sure it isn't enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom