Class of 2014 - Kyron Watson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kyron Watson

I'm not a Marrone hater, and feel he did wonders turning the program back in the right direction. BUT (you knew it was coming), I don't think he completely understood the college recruiting game. Telling kids they had to make the best decision for themselves and sleep on their decision, etc., I respect that very much. However, in order to win, kids sometimes need to be told what's best for them in an honest way. A little more aggressiveness couldn't have hurt while still being the role model parents and kids need and are looking for in a mentor during their college years.

I totally agree with that. I loved Marrone, and felt we were eventually going to get recruits just because we were going to start winning, but he also pulled back a little once recruits were on board. He trusted them that commitment meant just that, which we found out always doesn't matter. No matter how much of a lock you think the kid is they need to be pampered and fluffed up all the way to the fax machine.

At one of the Monday luncheons Marrone talked about their search for a great running back. He said he & the staff were studying high school tapes of the great college RB's of the past. He said that they were trying to see in those tapes some common things. He added, the backs he was studying weren't necessarily the ones that ended up in the NFL. They just wanted those who could at least succeed in college. He pined for a back who could get separation and go the distance. He said, we don't have anyone who break one for the distance.

I think bnoro said that Watson would have been the best LB in this class if they staff could have reeled him in. Would be interested to hear what he has to say about those that are already committed, since the general consensus seems to be very optimistic.

it was supposed to be Thursday. That will be the give away
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that KW is done with recruiting and KU is firm. The optimist in me says wait and see if the in-home is still on today. Anyone have any updated info on this, one way or another? Anything from the staff(where is Shaf today?) or ChiTown recruits, like Prater?

I think bnoro said that Watson would have been the best LB in this class if they staff could have reeled him in. Would be interested to hear what he has to say about those that are already committed, since the general consensus seems to be very optimistic.
I think everyone we're bringing in at LB are excellent prospects. Moskal's tape is excellent and so is Zaire's. I'm excited about this class in general.

Well that would conflict with that crack reporting from Rvls or ESPN or wherever it originally sourced.

Both ESPN and Rovals seem to have it wrong.

It definitely is getting crazy. Anyone have some scoop on the in home with Watson today? HCSS was in Detroit yesterday, hopefully he is heading back to Illinois today!

macdonald is saying get ready for a BOOM! on twitter. says he's headed to philly now.

did marrone and crew grind this much in recruiting? i never felt so plugged into what was going on before.

It definitely is getting crazy. Anyone have some scoop on the in home with Watson today? HCSS was in Detroit yesterday, hopefully he is heading back to Illinois today!

Haven't seen Prater tweet anything about an in home yet so I would hope they are visiting them today. Erv tweeted that our HC, OC and DC are visiting him tomorrow in CT.

Haven't seen Prater tweet anything about an in home yet so I would hope they are visiting them today. Erv tweeted that our HC, OC and DC are visiting him tomorrow in CT.

Thanks CL, I will be watching Prater's account like the stalker that I am. If Watson is still visiting Illinois this weekend then I would think the in home with us would still be on. He obviously has not closed out his recruitment.

Thanks CL, I will be watching Prater's account like the stalker that I am. If Watson is still visiting Illinois this weekend then I would think the in home with us would still be on. He obviously has not closed out his recruitment.
Well, well, well. In the words of ole #8, "It ain't over til it's over."

Both ESPN and Rovals seem to have it wrong.

was the rivalz article taken down? i never even saw it?

his Illinois OV is going on with his original plan. He planned to check out Cuse and Illinois for his last 2 OV's. He left Syracuse and we were the favorite. That's also according to some players who were with him. I just can't believe Charlie Weiss would be that convincing. The Illinois visit is good for us

was the rivalz article taken down? i never even saw it?

his Illinois OV is going on with his original plan. He planned to check out Cuse and Illinois for his last 2 OV's. He left Syracuse and we were the favorite. That's also according to some players who were with him. I just can't believe Charlie Weiss would be that convincing. The Illinois visit is good for us

It was the Kansas Rovals site .

macdonald is saying get ready for a BOOM! on twitter. says he's headed to philly now.

did marrone and crew grind this much in recruiting? i never felt so plugged into what was going on before.

the social media aspect really generates buzz with the fans. Marrone hated it and thus his assistants probably didn't do it! Its free publicity that is a product of the times. If you're not using it, you're behind significantly. My firm is paid a ton every month to advise on doing just this type of thing. Mcdonald and White are really helping our cause here... And so is SS recently!

I meant to add it has also turned CuseLegacy into a media darling on this board! :) You're a master!

HCSS just tweeted from Philly, so we know he doesn't have an in-home with Watson today. the plot thickens...

HCSS just tweeted from Philly, so we know he doesn't have an in-home with Watson today. the plot thickens...
He could fly out and meet Watson tonight, perhaps he is waiting till next week after his OV to illinois

the social media aspect really generates buzz with the fans. Marrone hated it and thus his assistants probably didn't do it! Its free publicity that is a product of the times. If you're not using it, you're behind significantly. My firm is paid a ton every month to advise on doing just this type of thing. Mcdonald and White are really helping our cause here... And so is SS recently!

I meant to add it has also turned CuseLegacy into a media darling on this board! :) You're a master!

Thank you but if y'all keep this flattery up I will need a blushing emoticon. ;)

Interesting as Prater didn't tweet anything about an in home.

He could fly out and meet Watson tonight, perhaps he is waiting till next week after his OV to illinois

sure, it could be either of those scenarios. this is such a covert recruitment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom