Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

…..,,
Another way to put this, as far as the federal law is concerned, if Dino Babers can know what is wrong with a player, the fans can as well.
Babers can know because Lamson gave permission.

Babers can know because Lamson gave permission.
Fair. I'm just speaking to the letter of the law. Lamson can waive it for anyone. Fed law says he can waive It for anyone he wants

Appreciate the clarity re FERPA. That makes MUCH more sense. Apologies for the derail. I work loosely in an area that touches on HIPAA and it just grates on me people think SU is a covered entity lol

A kid on my high school soccer team had a full ACL tear just running on Coyne field.

Turf is deadly done wrong.
I know nothing about field turf, but why is ours giving so many kids injuries? Is it old or installed incorrectly? Does it just need more of those black bead things? Is it that cost prohibitive to replace with new turf? Just seems crazy to me that we have so many non-contact injuries. A lot of other colleges have IPFs with field turf, and they don't seem to have these issues.

I know nothing about field turf, but why is ours giving so many kids injuries? Is it old or installed incorrectly? Does it just need more of those black bead things? Is it that cost prohibitive to replace with new turf? Just seems crazy to me that we have so many non-contact injuries. A lot of other colleges have IPFs with field turf, and they don't seem to have these issues.
So many?

What’s the list?

Kids go down to non contact leg injuries everywhere. Knees and Achilles. You see it in the nfl, soccer. Turf, grass

Coyne has old school artificial turf. It is very hard. Good for field hockey. Very hard on the legs. Very unforgiving.

I believe when the field turf was installed in the IPF, stories said it was the same turf installed in the dome. It is new and should be in great shape.

Don't think it is unsafe. Now the turf they put inside Manley? I don't think that is field turf and I don't think it is very safe either. Looks loose and not well installed. Not that the football team practices there anyway.

Back to Justin. Agree, if it is an ACL, we will be fortunate if he can participate in spring ball. Get well soon Justin!

Coyne has old school artificial turf. It is very hard. Good for field hockey. Very hard on the legs. Very unforgiving.

I believe when the field turf was installed in the IPF, stories said it was the same turf installed in the dome. It is new and should be in great shape.

Don't think it is unsafe. Now the turf they put inside Manley? I don't think that is field turf and I don't think it is very safe either. Looks loose and not well installed. Not that the football team practices there anyway.

Back to Justin. Agree, if it is an ACL, we will be fortunate if he can participate in spring ball. Get well soon Justin!

Unless something changed the last time I was in Manley (it was a bit ago) it was field turf. Not sure why they would put in a lesser product.

Same turf as the Dome, same installers, same substrate. IPF is one year newer I believe, but it probably takes more wear and tear. The whole idea with a practice facility is to get it as close as possible to the game day product as possible.

All I know is that it's a tie between HIPAA and the 1st Amendment for being the most incorrectly understood thing in America.

Also, bummer for Lamson.

Also, also, it's good we got the "SU is uniquely and disproportionately CURSED!" posts going early this season.

All I know is that it's a tie between HIPAA and the 1st Amendment for being the most incorrectly understood thing in America.

Also, bummer for Lamson.

Also, also, it's good we got the "SU is uniquely and disproportionately CURSED!" posts going early this season.

You went 3 for 3 there.

The Office Nbc GIF

You seriously don't think other teams are having injuries. This is just a SU thing?
Probably should have just Googled the injury issues field turf is causing all over the country. Looks like it's a serious problem based on the link below. My fault for assuming we've had more of these non contact injuries than our peers. I guess I just follow SU more closely and am not as tuned in to other programs.

The trouble with HIPAA is that they guard your personal information from everybody but the hackers.
Thats a bit like the argument that you can close your umbrella when it is raining because you aren’t getting wet.

Probably should have just Googled the injury issues field turf is causing all over the country. Looks like it's a serious problem based on the link below. My fault for assuming we've had more of these non contact injuries than our peers. I guess I just follow SU more closely and am not as tuned in to other programs.

interesting article. Thanks for sharing

Come for the Lamson news, stay for the HIPPA arguments.
Haven't most of you gone to a Doctor. Its simple. The patient and only the patient is allowed to share information unless they specifically designate someone to receive it.
All medical insurance companies have forms that need to be executed. All medical providers.

Haven't most of you gone to a Doctor. Its simple. The patient and only the patient is allowed to share information unless they specifically designate someone to receive it.
All medical insurance companies have forms that need to be executed. All medical providers.
Ok…..

I really just wanted to see what the Lamson news was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom