Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

He'd get a medical one for this year as well those waivers never get declined.

I was looking for information online regarding medical redshirts. Does anyone know the current rules for a medical redshirt (or hardship waiver due to medical reasons)?

I found things like this in an article from 2015.
  • The player must have suffered an injury during their senior year of high school, or during one of their four eligible seasons for college competition. (This does not provide for players who are already redshirting a season and are injured in practice.)
Lamson redshirted in 2021 and was injured in practice.

I know players have received a sixth year of eligibility. What are the actual rules that govern this?

I was looking for information online regarding medical redshirts. Does anyone know the current rules for a medical redshirt (or hardship waiver due to medical reasons)?

• The player must have suffered an injury during their senior year of high school, or during one of their four eligible seasons for college competition. (This does not provide for players who are already redshirting a season and are injured in practice.)

I know players have received a sixth year of eligibility. What are the actual rules that govern this?

One redshirt to a customer.

Lamson used his in 2021.

In order to get a 2nd redshirt, you have to have missed your freshman year either due to an injury received in HS or during training camp before your frosh season.

Doesn't apply in this case. His RS was DNP-coaches decision.

One redshirt to a customer.

Lamson used his in 2021.

In order to get a 2nd redshirt, you have to have missed your freshman year either due to an injury received in HS or during training camp before your frosh season.

Doesn't apply in this case. His RS was DNP-coaches decision.
Heaven forbid, but if Lamson were to miss an additional season after this 2022 season due to injury I think he could be a candidate for a medical redshirt at that point. Reason being then he would have missed two seasons due to injury.

There’s this mentality that people are entitled to detailed information about injuries and are offended that someone (Dino) is keeping something from them.

Agreed, and what the F difference does it make. Sounds like the kid is out for awhile and will miss the season. Move on and deal with it. Do you really need to know if it's the ACL/ MCL, both Ach tendon, whatever? Dino is just doing his job which 99% of us do everyday

we dont really even know if the RS his freshmen year was a coaches decision.. We just assume it.

Agreed, and what the F difference does it make. Sounds like the kid is out for awhile and will miss the season. Move on and deal with it. Do you really need to know if it's the ACL/ MCL, both Ach tendon, whatever? Dino is just doing his job which 99% of us do everyday

But if I know what tendon it is and then can idly speculate on the best time for surgery, best surgery, and how long his rehab should be based on my overweight cousin who blew out his Achilles stepping off the curb wrong when he was picking up his Grubhub delivery.

But if I know what tendon it is and then can idly speculate on the best time for surgery, best surgery, and how long his rehab should be based on my overweight cousin who blew out his Achilles stepping off the curb wrong when he was picking up his Grubhub delivery.

Spot on

we dont really even know if the RS his freshmen year was a coaches decision.. We just assume it.
I guess but we know he ran the scout team right? That to me means he wasn't injured, at least a good portion of the season.

For some reason people always like to debate the HIPPA/FERPA thing. Obviously nobody NEEDS to know. But we're all die hard fans on here. We want to know as much as we can. Nothing wrong with that. He's somebody a lot on here are excited about. But the staff certainly doesn't need to say what the injuries are weather its a HIPPA, FERPA, or a FUPA issue for that matter. If Lamson wants the info to be public he'll share it somehow.

Not to go too off-topic but the soccer world cup in 2026 will be played at a lot of NFL stadiums and they will be putting in grass for those events. Would be nice to see the grass stay permanently.
They did this in 1994 when the World Cup was here too. FIFA rule to play on grass.

For some reason people always like to debate the HIPPA/FERPA thing. Obviously nobody NEEDS to know. But we're all die hard fans on here. We want to know as much as we can. Nothing wrong with that. He's somebody a lot on here are excited about. But the staff certainly doesn't need to say what the injuries are weather its a HIPPA, FERPA, or a FUPA issue for that matter. If Lamson wants the info to be public he'll share it somehow.
I strained my fupa last week. Doc said I’ll be out 2-3 weeks

There’s this mentality that people are entitled to detailed information about injuries and are offended that someone (Dino) is keeping something from them.
At least its not the NHL with upper body injury or torso injury...that tells you a lot.

Someone help me here. Wouldn't the end of the 2021-22 season be after the last game? Isn't spring practice part of the 22-23 season? If so, the disclaimer if "This does not provide for players who are already redshirting a season and are injured in practice." should not apply because if it was in practice, it was not during the redshirt season (the word AND being the important part of that sentence.)

Clearly there is some part about the timing I missed, but I was under the impression it happened after the last game.

Yes, just like Tommy Devito.
That is the way it is now with NIL. If a player gets benched, or injured and replacement plays well...they will be in transfer portal in a week.

This is college football 2022. It is same way everywhere. Enjoy it. No continuity. Fans are now rooting for laundry. Whomever is wearing uniform they root for...they might not have any idea who the name of player is wearing the uniform...

Someone help me here. Wouldn't the end of the 2021-22 season be after the last game? Isn't spring practice part of the 22-23 season? If so, the disclaimer if "This does not provide for players who are already redshirting a season and are injured in practice." should not apply because if it was in practice, it was not during the redshirt season (the word AND being the important part of that sentence.)

Clearly there is some part about the timing I missed, but I was under the impression it happened after the last game.
what it means is that if you get hurt during a red shirt yr. you dont get an additional yr.. but if you get hurt during a RS year and then get hurt again you often can get it back... now the rule used to be you had to get hurt early enough in the yr that it made sense to not play. so you couldnt RS all yr and get hurt in week 11 and claim thats why you didnt play all season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom