Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

We lost our second best QB.
Meh. This board has been Groundhog Day for 20 years when it comes to QBs. The "QB room" is always the best it's been in years. The non-starting guys are always threats to win the job. Some frosh is "going to be a stud" in a couple years. Someone who transferred out was going to be the savior, and then is never heard from again.

The only constant has been our lack of good QB play, aside from a few random years.

I hope this kid gets healthy soon and contributes. I've heard all the other chatter many times before.

Last edited:
Meh. This board has been Groundhog Day for 20 years when it comes to QBs. The "QB room" is always the best it's been in years. The non-starting guys are always threats to win the job. Some frosh is "going to be a stud" in a couple years. Someone who transferred out was going to be the savior, and then is never heard from again.

The only constant has been our lack of good QB play, aside from a few random years.

I hope this kid gets healthy soon and contributes. I've heard all the other chatter many times before.

The outlier being Dungey. I'd take the next Dungey right now.

Not sure HIPAA applies here - it only covers health insurance companies, clearing houses, and medical providers, plus their business associates. No expert, but I don't think the training room of the SUAD would be considered a medical provider.

Also, not sure to what degree of privacy Lamson can expect. I can easily go on the website and obtain his height, weight, major, names of his parents, and his high school.
A quick search. Not sure if still the rule. NCAA News Archive - Privacy rules affect exchange of student-athlete medical records

Pretty much dead on.

FXacv5QVEAAJcXM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but no casts, bumps or bruises in this picture here for Lamson...

FXacv5QVEAAJcXM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but no casts, bumps or bruises in this picture here for Lamson...
That is awesome if we know for sure that picture was taken recently. Do we know for sure this picture was taken recently (not last summer)?

The Cuse Football twitter account posted this yesterday. The vets were showing the freshman around campus.
AWESOME! I can understand the need from some privacy regarding the health of athletes but it would be really nice to get some kind of general updates on players we know were hurt.

X is progressing well. Not expected to be ready for pre-season camp but should be available early in the season.

Y had a serious injury. Will redshirt this season and is expected back at 100% for spring ball.

Z had a minor injury. No contact or weight work until August. Expected to be 100% by the end of pre-season camp.

Updates like that would be nice.

AWESOME! I can understand the need from some privacy regarding the health of athletes but it would be really nice to get some kind of general updates on players we know were hurt.

X is progressing well. Not expected to be ready for pre-season camp but should be available early in the season.

Y had a serious injury. Will redshirt this season and is expected back at 100% for spring ball.

Z had a minor injury. No contact or weight work until August. Expected to be 100% by the end of pre-season camp.

Updates like that would be nice.

Agreed. There needs to be a middle ground here between "X is out indefinitely with injury" and "X has this VERY specific injury to this very specific part of his body and is expected to be out THIS amount of time."

FXacv5QVEAAJcXM

Second from the left, correct? He's got a strap or belt hanging from his pocket. Could that be a scar behind it? (Double click on the picture.)

Second from the left, correct? He's got a strap or belt hanging from his pocket. Could that be a scar behind it? (Double click on the picture.)
That was my thought when I saw the picture yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom