Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

BTW this November

@Pitt
FSU
@Wake
@BC

I'm optimistic we can go 2-2 and make a bowl game. This team feels different.

Not to be a downer, but 0-4 wouldn't surprise me. Every year feels different. I'm more confident in the assistant coaches than I've been in a while. But we're just not deep enough. Injuries will happen, it does every year. 3 of 4 on the road just makes it that much harder.

Better win early this year.

Not to be a downer, but 0-4 wouldn't surprise me. Every year feels different. I'm more confident in the assistant coaches than I've been in a while. But we're just not deep enough. Injuries will happen, it does every year. 3 of 4 on the road just makes it that much harder.

Better win early this year.
If we don’t win early, half the high-value starters might be sitting out by November. This is the aspect of game that still hasn’t scaled to the ugly heights we’ll see (and I don’t begrudge them, really, but it’s sad)

Schrader was injured on the decisive play of the win at VT. He was never the same after that. He can certainly bounce back. And he had leadership in spades.
If we have another play like that where a blitzed comes in unblocked…

If we don’t win early, half the high-value starters might be sitting out by November. This is the aspect of game that still hasn’t scaled to the ugly heights we’ll see (and I don’t begrudge them, really, but it’s sad)

As a person who is super-competitive, a shrimp who was able to will himself to compete in college sports, I absolutely HATE this. I get it; a few of these kids may get paid to play, something I never could have dreamed of. But I still really hate kids joining a team and then quitting before the season is over. Especially announcing they are transferring mid-season. That should be banned.

As a person who is super-competitive, a shrimp who was able to will himself to compete in college sports, I absolutely HATE this. I get it; a few of these kids may get paid to play, something I never could have dreamed of. But I still really hate kids joining a team and then quitting before the season is over. Especially announcing they are transferring mid-season. That should be banned.
They should at least prevent transfers during the season. At a minimum! Do we see coaches quitting and transferring to coach another team during the season?

That seems completely reasonable to me. You’re getting free college. See out the semester or pay the tuition.
Right. And teams who assumed they could count on you are now left hanging.

That seems completely reasonable to me. You’re getting free college. See out the semester or pay the tuition.
Wouldn't be a deterrent for many - they would just get an NIL lined up at their new school to cover the expense.

Schrader was injured on the decisive play of the win at VT. He was never the same after that. He can certainly bounce back. And he had leadership in spades.

Absolutely.

But its a pretty big black eye on Villari and Del Rio-Wilson to not be in the conversation for the starting gig. What we saw at the end was very bad.

Already a great runner, now gets to play in a better scheme with better OC and QB coach. I trust them.
Seriously think about Gilbert last year. Had to be worst coach in history of offensive coaching. And you could always see GS get frustrated on play calls or after 3 and outs like Gilbert had no clue what he was doing. I expect some fun stuff outta him and the coaches

Seriously think about Gilbert last year. Had to be worst coach in history of offensive coaching. And you could always see GS get frustrated on play calls or after 3 and outs like Gilbert had no clue what he was doing. I expect some fun stuff outta him and the coaches
I suspect some fun gadget plays in our future. These guys are going to scheme us to win games not just run it up the middle.

Mr “15 Bubble Screens In A Row” George McF-It might beg to differ.

But yeah - even Tucker was fed up w the BS playcalling by the end of the season.

Anae & Beck are going to be such a huge breath of fresh air for the O this year.

Shrade & Tuck are gonna be like kids in a candy store.

I get guys shutting it down after 4 games if they want to preserve a redshirt and know they're going to transfer, but TD didn't have a redshirt available.

I agree GS was rough throwing the ball last year but he also did have some nice throws. Now whether it was Gilbert’s play calling, GS not playing qb for over a year, the wr issues or a combination of all of them we will have to wait and see this year. GS is our highest rated qb on the roster. Time will tell if his initial rating was warranted or not. However I would not just decide he will be unable to throw the ball with accuracy this year.
i never saw gilbert throw a pass

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

BTW this November

@Pitt
FSU
@Wake
@BC

I'm optimistic we can go 2-2 and make a bowl game. This team feels different.

hate to be that guy, but what are people using as a barometer for "this team feels different"?

We are relying on two guys on offense to stay healthy and our backup qb situation seems tenuous at best. I hope 1 of those guys gets to november. 2 will be a miracle based on how we protect the qb and how reckless GS is with his body.

I'm going to wait till after the Louisville game to determine what we have with the new offense.

hate to be that guy, but what are people using as a barometer for "this team feels different"?

We are relying on two guys on offense to stay healthy and our backup qb situation seems tenuous at best. I hope 1 of those guys gets to november. 2 will be a miracle based on how we protect the qb and how reckless GS is with his body.

I'm going to wait till after the Louisville game to determine what we have with the new offense.
I think it feels different because it's the first time in a while we have a proven OC and QB coach that we know can develop QBs and know how to scheme successful offense.

Last edited:
I think it feels different because it's first time in a while we have a proven OC and QB coach that we know can develop QBs and know how to scheme successful offense.
That gives me hope but the lack of beef on the DL esp in the middle gives me agita.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom