Larry Fedora losing his mind? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Larry Fedora losing his mind?

BTW, if you do a little digging you will find that the NFL's revenues are larger than any league in the world. Not just the US, but the world. Major League soccer is less than a 10th of the NFL and smaller than some of the Association Leagues in Europe and China. Add the revenues of college football and it's now single digits.

I'm certain you are right regarding current revenues. Nonetheless, a shift is happening. And it's not a subtle shift.

If you were an investor, and leagues were publicly traded, would you invest in the NFL? MLB? Or in the USL?

Do you expect - nationally - that more high schools will offer football? Or less?

Just wondering.

He is losing his mind
Sure footballs numbers are dropping, but soccer has dropped 14% the last 3 years. I don't think soccer will be overtaking football with it's insane pay to play programs.

He is losing his mind
Sure footballs numbers are dropping, but soccer has dropped 14% the last 3 years. I don't think soccer will be overtaking football with it's insane pay to play programs.
Wow. That surprises me - soccer declining. Well, I could be wrong. In any event, can't wait for CFB. It can't come soon enough. All that matters is a rejuvenated Orangemen.

Meh. More kids will play soccer and lacrosse. I love soccer more and more each year. The World Cup was awesome. If football fades, other sports will grow.

While I am an absolute die hard SU football fan - I'm fading big time on the NFL.
Soccer is so BORING and played by a bunch of theater majors with all fake flops.

Your drunk if you dont think Football is going to change drastically over the next ten years your just not paying attention or your in total denial. Soccer may be boring, Lacrosse may never grow to be that much, But here are the simple facts, the country is changing, sports and watching for sports for young people is a chore and expensive, you can watch it on tv and or play the video game.

Mom that three letter word is going to say hell no your not playing football
Mom who gets elected and passes laws and make up more and more of the people who are in legislatures is not only going to say hell no your not playing football but they are going to push through laws on ages that you can and cant play and times when you can practice and such.

the quality of play is going to go down as less and less young people learn the game at younger ages.

Its already happening you just dont want to see it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fedora has doubled down on the decline of football impacting the state of the United States: “I think it would be the decline of our country, yes.”</p>&mdash; Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) <a href="">July 18, 2018</a></blockquote>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
This can only help our recruiting. No responsible parent should let their kid play for a coach that doesn't believe CTE is a risk in playing football.
Then again, no responsible parent should let their child attend Penn State or Rutgers either...yet every year they do.

Football is controlled brutality. There are limits to how "safe" it can be made. Especially against a backdrop of bigger, stronger and faster. It's obvious one must be tough to play football, but maybe a little reckless too.
Still and all it's an exciting game to watch and if our beloved Orangeman (is that what we're called?) start winning it'll be magnificent.

Wow. That surprises me - soccer declining. Well, I could be wrong. In any event, can't wait for CFB. It can't come soon enough. All that matters is a rejuvenated Orangemen.

The issue with youth soccer is between 9-14 if you can't afford the pay to play camps/program, which is around 2500 to 5000, you get left behind and kids end up not playing the sport. The number could be wrong but I beleive it's around 4.5 million kids stopped in the last 3 years.

Football is going to be like Harley Davidson , all the people that are customers are old

He is losing his mind
The decline, and eventual overtaking of football as Americas #1 sport is inevitable. Horse racing gave way to boxing. Boxing gave way to baseball. Baseball gave way to football. It's just the circle of life.

The decline, and eventual overtaking of football as Americas #1 sport is inevitable. Horse racing gave way to boxing. Boxing gave way to baseball. Baseball gave way to football. It's just the circle of life.

Watching video game competitions/VR will prolly be the next big thing

The issue with youth soccer is between 9-14 if you can't afford the pay to play camps/program, which is around 2500 to 5000, you get left behind and kids end up not playing the sport. The number could be wrong but I beleive it's around 4.5 million kids stopped in the last 3 years.

I’d bet youth football started lower and has dropped a similar %

I’d bet youth football started lower and has dropped a similar %
I think overall you might be right, our small town fields 4 teams in it's own league and one separate "travel" team. Then again football is life for a lot of folks around this area.

Maybe he's just lost his hat.

220px-A_fedora_hat%2C_made_by_Borsalino.jpg

Between 2011 and 2016 Rugby has been the fastest growing sport in the US, with an 82.4% increase in participation. There are now Olympic, Pro, Youth, and high school rugby teams in the US.What is the Fastest Growing Sport in America?

%'s are misleading.

84% of 10,000 is a lot less than 12% of 10,000,000.

Regardless, it's inevitable football changes. Still the greatest game on earth, just needs to keep adapting.

I'm sure participation has dropped as other sports have grown, I would think that correlation's obvious. That being said, nobody is having trouble fielding teams where the population supports it, and that's in the Northeast. In the South, people literally kill for the game.

%'s are misleading.

84% of 10,000 is a lot less than 12% of 10,000,000.

Regardless, it's inevitable football changes. Still the greatest game on earth, just needs to keep adapting.

I'm sure participation has dropped as other sports have grown, I would think that correlation's obvious. That being said, nobody is having trouble fielding teams where the population supports it, and that's in the Northeast. In the South, people literally kill for the game.
Misleading if you are trying to equate it to total participants...but not if you're asking what the fastest growing team sport is. That being said, obviously Rugby has light years to go to surpass football, and it likely will never happen.
I could see soccer surpassing football in my lifetime however. We're just now getting to the point where more 18-24 year old's grew up playing and watching, and being fans of soccer. This won't change anytime soon, and those kids will be clamoring for soccer on television. At some point advertisers won't be targeting the 50-90 year olds watching football in the year 2070, instead they'll be targeting the kids that grew up watching, and playing soccer.

Last edited:
Man, I remember when George Washington, James Madison, John Adams, Alexander Hamilton and Ben Franklin played offensive line in 1776. That’s when men were men and this country was great!

Here, Here!

Misleading if you are trying to equate it to total participants...but not if you're asking what the fastest growing team sport is.
Depends on how you want to gauge growth.

Honestly, I thought the article was weak.

Depends on how you want to gauge growth.

Honestly, I thought the article was weak.
Why? I'll admit it was short, but it layed out plain statistics, and cited it's source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom