Late St. Francis Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Late St. Francis Thoughts

Indeed. Perhaps you were my neighbor. Won't you be my neighbor? I moved from Ithaca, New York. I was a big fan of Cornell hockey and lacrosse. I went to IHS and then up to Cornell with about 100 other of my classmates. Now, I be in Durham and I love it here. I work at Duke and live and breathe hatred for Duke Basketball. I've been a Syracuse B-ball fan all of my life (at least from the point I could count to a 100 in Spanish). The ACC move feels bittersweet as I grew up hating the ACC conference since they were the Big East's main competition in basketball. Now, I have to accept this and enjoy the fact that I will be able to see many more Cuse basketball games at Cameron, PNC Arena, and the Dean Dome. All of these places are within 20 minutes of my house. Go Cuse. F the rest of the ACC!

Durhamcuse, I lived in Durham from 72 - 84. I first lived on Duke Univ. Rd. which was 5 min. from the Duke campus and Garden. Bliss! Then we moved to Markham Ave. When I moved to Syracuse, I thought my life was over. But I've finally gotten used to the place, and now I'll never move again. Whenever anyone asks me, I simply say, "I have season tickets."

My son graduated from Cornell in 2005 (I think). It must be odd to work at Duke and hate Duke. Do they know of your hatred? I was just in Durham a couple weeks ago. Duke has changed so much!! And so has Durham. It was a sleepy backwater town back in the seventies. In April, Durham may be one of the most beautiful places on earth, especially the Duke gardens.

Enjoy being a Cuse fan in the land of the "enemy." Stay alert! Be wary. And remain steadfast, my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom