LAX Action for Feb 13-14 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 13-14

Hey now, it’s 15-11 HP with 3 mins left in third. 4-0 scoring run for the panthers.

Not gonna lie, thought High Point was done but they are clawing back. Almost wonder what the score would be like if face offs were 50-50.

Loving the fight in high point. Also a reminder that this UNC D gave up 16 to Bryant last year.

15-13 UNC at end of 3rd! HP winning some face offs and has all the momentum. Nolting with 7 points.

17-13 UNC with 5 mins left. HP has had chances but can’t seem to convert. Had a man up they couldn’t convert and UNC goalie made diving save on open net.

17-15 UNC final. High Point just can’t win enough face offs. Question their clock management down the stretch, playing zone late when your down three isn’t going to get it done. Fun game though.

Love Diggs but feel like he is missing the point a little with this (perhaps I am misinterpreting his tweet). Yes there is something unfair about these stats, the fact that UNC won the game. Any other sport where one offense is converting at the rate High Point was in comparison to the rate of UNC and High Point wins by a mile. High Point was by far the more efficient team yesterday and in virtually every other sport that efficiency determines the winner.

I think there is a special degree of unfairness to the face off when there is both a far better FOGO for one team and it is a high scoring game. There were 35 faceoffs in that game and UNC won 30. That is an absolute boatload more chances for UNC to score. Given the rate at which high point was scoring goals on O, imagine what they could do with a more evenly distributed amount of chances to score. Imagine what they could have done with a less fatigued defense and a more fatigued Carolina defense. Unless something about the faceoff somehow completely controls a teams in-game mindset, High Point would have won with ease if draws were 50-50. Torpey and the High Point squad do not deserve to be punished so severely for not being able to land a recruit who can clamp down on a ball a little faster. Cuse has been on the winning side of this unfairness and has definitely(seemingly in far more important games) been on the losing side.

I am not a full member of team ban the face off, but yesterday was kind of a perfect illustration of why those people have a point, and certainly not a reason to discredit them. Maybe some flaws to my thinking on this so happy to discuss, but no, the way to fix this is not adding the freaking stupid gimmicky slab of total BS that is the 2-point line!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom