LAX Action for Feb 13-14 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 13-14

Shellenberger goal off to forced by ride . 12-6

Army doesn't have same depth, may be wearing down some

uva g with another fine stop at crease off nichtern feed

kid has been impressive

UVA is doing what I have been looking for SU to do against army for a decade +. Just overwhelming them offensively. Army doesn't have the secondary defensive pieces or depth to keep up. Been waiting for SU to do something similar but instead were usually in a hole impressive performance

Also Army had been uncharacteristically sloppy today. Some bad turnovers

UVA is doing what I have been looking for SU to do against army for a decade +. Just overwhelming them offensively. Army doesn't have the secondary defensive pieces or depth to keep up. Been waiting for SU to do something similar but instead were usually in a hole impressive performance
Feels like historically Army goalies often play the best game of their lives against SU.

Closest we came to doing that was in the second half of the game last year. Solid 7 goal half. We let the power of the first middie line do it’s thing and they couldn’t stop us off the dodge.

That Army is playing this week and Syracuse is not is an advantage for Syracuse in terms of scouting. But Army is getting the chance make the mistakes that will get cleaned up during the week. Syracuse has yet to make those mistakes.

Unmentioned so far has been UVAs 10-man ride. That has caused a bunch of turnovers and led to goals, including the empty netter, for Virginia. Syracuse doesn’t ride as aggressively. Perhaps they should.

13-8 with about 7:30 to go

That Army is playing this week and Syracuse is not is an advantage for Syracuse in terms of scouting. But Army is getting the chance make the mistakes that will get cleaned up during the week. Syracuse has yet to make those mistakes.

Unmentioned so far has been UVAs 10-man ride. That has caused a bunch of turnovers and led to goals, including the empty netter, for Virginia. Syracuse doesn’t ride as aggressively. Perhaps they should.

Who needs a 10 man ride when you have Cook!

Agree with you Doc. Stats say Army has only cleared 11 of 20.

Nichtern with another off dodge 13-9

Im starting to wonder if uva frosh Gavin earned start in practice. army has had some good chances and kid has twelve saves

Betrand 14-9 min to go.

Smooth transition to D1 comp
Well yeah, he transitioned last year. It’s odd people are surprised when a 6’2” horse with two D-2 nattys and a productive half-season in D-1 look up to it.

A little bit of diminishing returns for Bertrand and Shellenberger against tougher competition (1 g , 2 a for each).
I didn't really think the Towson result supported jumping Virginia over UMd and Syracuse in the rankings. I don't think this result does either.

Well yeah, he transitioned last year. It’s odd people are surprised when a 6’2” horse with two D-2 nattys and a productive half-season in D-1 look up to it.
True. actually meant smooth transition to uva unlike some other transfers who are still adjusting some

Strong finish for Loyola they tied it up with 1 minute to go in regulation. 4-1 goal difference in 4th quarter and OT I believe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom