LAX Action for Feb 26 - Mar 3 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 26 - Mar 3

I saw some talk that D3 Salisbury knocked off D1 Drexel in a scrimmage last night.
That talk appears to be true. Kind of crazy as Drexel has not been totally horrible in recent years. Beat Nova with Kirst last year. Salisbury getting back that mojo from days of old?

That talk appears to be true. Kind of crazy as Drexel has not been totally horrible in recent years. Beat Nova with Kirst last year. Salisbury getting back that mojo from days of old?

People who don't really follow the game at all levels don't understand just how good the upper end D2 and D3 teams are. They are really good. I know Union whacked Siena in a scrimmage either last year or the year before to.

There are a lot of kids who could play on the backend of D1 rosters that instead choose to go play on the front end of D2/D3 rosters.

People who don't really follow the game at all levels don't understand just how good the upper end D2 and D3 teams are. They are really good. I know Union whacked Siena in a scrimmage either last year or the year before to.

There are a lot of kids who could play on the backend of D1 rosters that instead choose to go play on the front end of D2/D3 rosters.
Plus, many D3 schools offer a great education. Look at the NESCAC schools, Union(which you mentioned), Gettysburg etc. A D2/D3 all-american can certainly produce at the D1 level. Bertrand, Wykoff, and Rogers at High Point to name a few.

Mac Bredahl of Tufts is a Sowers clone. Saw plenty of him for Chatham HS in NJ and he would excel for any d1.

JC, Became apparent to me over the years that goaltending is key to so many games. Game in game out consistency cant be taken for granted. When Porter is on as he was vs UVA then Cuse is hard to beat , when a goalie is off than any team can be vulnerable including the powers.
Glad UVM g Wahuta graduated because he was excellent and could steal a game. However as Powell pointed out, g Cornel is experienced , a Darien, Conn goalie when 4x state camp so no slouch.

Watched both UVA na d UVM games yesterday , try not to overstate or understate impressions. UVM is solid and Cuse needs to show and execute . Lewandowski had impressed in his short stay here nm

UVA is clearly out of sorts . LaScalla dominated faceoffs, UVA dominated ground but offense had little flow, clearing again faulty and 27 turnovers yesterday let a equally sloppy HP stick around . Fortunate that Rode was on in 4q. UVA talent is there so question staff including Kirwan .. Think VA. may be vulnerable to a average AF team right now. Too bad our rematch wasn't in a week. Expect to see a much better uva team in late April but Cusem should be as well

Mac Bredahl of Tufts is a Sowers clone. Saw plenty of him for Chatham HS in NJ and he would excel for any d1.

JC, Became apparent to me over the years that goaltending is key to so many games. Game in game out consistency cant be taken for granted. When Porter is on as he was vs UVA then Cuse is hard to beat , when a goalie is off than any team can be vulnerable including the powers.
Glad UVM g Wahuta graduated because he was excellent and could steal a game. However as Powell pointed out, g Cornel is experienced , a Darien, Conn goalie when 4x state camp so no slouch.

Watched both UVA na d UVM games yesterday , try not to overstate or understate impressions. UVM is solid and Cuse needs to show and execute . Lewandowski had impressed in his short stay here nm

UVA is clearly out of sorts . LaScalla dominated faceoffs, UVA dominated ground but offense had little flow, clearing again faulty and 27 turnovers yesterday let a equally sloppy HP stick around . Fortunate that Rode was on in 4q. UVA talent is there so question staff including Kirwan .. Think VA. may be vulnerable to a average AF team right now. Too bad our rematch wasn't in a week. Expect to see a much better uva team in late April but Cusem should be as well
Bredahl was initially a Nova commit and a top 100 caliber recruit. Was very surprised to see him shift to D3 since I agree he seemed like a guy not just good enough for D1, but good enough to be a top dog at Nova. I believe he shifted to Tufts because he wanted to play both lacrosse and golf in college, and D3 offered a better environment to be a dual-sport athlete.

Honestly I think Cornell might be even better than Washuta. He had worked himself into a time share with Washuta last year, which says a lot because it's almost unheard of for an All-American, pro prospect goalie to lose a full grip on the starting job unless their level of play drops off. Great pedigree too as an UA All American out of Darien; 4x state champion and Darien went 89-3 during his 4 years there.

Dane train will be back on track if Camden Hay keeps doing stuff like this. One of the best goals I've seen in a while. Crazy hard to pick your spot like that stick side high with an around the world shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom