LAX Action for Feb 26 - Mar 3 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 26 - Mar 3

Just turned on Navy-Jacksonville from rainy Annapolis but the camera work was so shaky I had to turn it off after about 3 minutes. Was expecting that to be a decent game.

Just turned on Navy-Jacksonville from rainy Annapolis but the camera work was so shaky I had to turn it off after about 3 minutes. Was expecting that to be a decent game.
It’s 4-2 Jacksonville halfway through the second quarter.

We are living in a blessed time from a network access perspective. So much better than when only SU games appeared on tape delay. Yet the production quality is very inconsistent across the board now

We are living in a blessed time from a network access perspective. So much better than when only SU games appeared on tape delay. Yet the production quality is very inconsistent across the board now
Agreed. The amount of games available per week is really fantastic these days. I gladly pay the $5/month for ESPN+ during lax season, and have also ponied up for BTN+ although it’s overpriced.

Far cry from the days of my childhood listening to the away games on WAER or waiting for the local news to learn the outcome.

Excuse me Mr. Tierney, Nate Solomon has a patent on this maneuver. You will be hearing from the Syracuse legal team.

It's somewhat ironic, because you can barely make it out, but Hofstra used orange balls for the game.

Last edited:
1614688351445.png

probably a bad idea given what little i know about wagner and a mid-week game...
but wagner looks to be regressing the last couple years and tierney should outpoint them by himself.
hofstra - 9.5
2-2 last week and for season.
pour it on.

If I'm Ryan Tierney, I'm not happy about the USLax Player of the Week - Joe Robertson. Tierney scored 8 plus 3 assists (Robertson 7 plus 3) on a team without Sowers and a cast of stars. Guess we should put Wykoff on Tierney in a few weeks.

Finally watched most of the Michigan hopkins game. Seeing Desimone actually have some legitimate shake against long poles was shocking. Lots of nice looks from Angelus and other tiny middies inverting. Horrible games for Williams and Zinn.

Grimes... was my main reason for watching and tried to get a read on him, but does he ever do anything ever? I know freshman nerves and being extra rusty given the circumstances, but a guy with his speed and size should at least try and take it to the rack once or twice. Had a really nice looking quick stick shot and clearly has the talent. They never even set picks for him or tried to get him switched on a short stick. He tried a move one time against OSU and got by a short stick with ease but the goalie made a stop. That day they actually needed goals and still didn't do anything else with him. With all the hype surrounding the guy I at least expected some more looks.

Epstein unfortunately does not look 100% like his freshman self and Im really hoping that injury does not have truly long lasting effects. Defenders that he was making look silly as a freshman are now taking the ball away from him. Desimone has done far more at getting separation against poles. He still has the shot and IQ/maturity, but that first step just doesn't look the same which is sad. Hope he has another gear in him to return to that freshman year form.

Watching some of the Georgetown/Mount game. The Mount looks terrible trying to move the ball on offense. Hard to evaluate Hoyas defense.

Wow. The Mount is just horrible. Had a 2 minute man-up and coughed the ball up 3 times. Hoyas goalie McElroy took 2 minute penalty for charging. The Mount has had 2 shot on net with 1 goal in the 2nd qtr.

Pathetic. The Mount can't even execute basic passes. This is just a practice for Georgetown.
McElroy's goalie stats get padded with no action and no pressure. Now 9-1. Can't watch any more of this. Looking forward to seeing Denver beat up on Georgetown in a couple of weeks.

Pathetic. The Mount can't even execute basic passes. This is just a practice for Georgetown.
McElroy's goalie stats get padded with no action and no pressure. Now 9-1. Can't watch any more of this. Looking forward to seeing Denver beat up on Georgetown in a couple of weeks.
Lol while I agree that the mount looks terrible I doubt Denver will be able to beat up GTown. Should be a good deal better than this though.

Hey the Mount has now scored the most goals against the vaunted Hoyas defense so far this season.

Finally watched most of the Michigan hopkins game. Seeing Desimone actually have some legitimate shake against long poles was shocking. Lots of nice looks from Angelus and other tiny middies inverting. Horrible games for Williams and Zinn.

Grimes... was my main reason for watching and tried to get a read on him, but does he ever do anything ever? I know freshman nerves and being extra rusty given the circumstances, but a guy with his speed and size should at least try and take it to the rack once or twice. Had a really nice looking quick stick shot and clearly has the talent. They never even set picks for him or tried to get him switched on a short stick. He tried a move one time against OSU and got by a short stick with ease but the goalie made a stop. That day they actually needed goals and still didn't do anything else with him. With all the hype surrounding the guy I at least expected some more looks.

Epstein unfortunately does not look 100% like his freshman self and Im really hoping that injury does not have truly long lasting effects. Defenders that he was making look silly as a freshman are now taking the ball away from him. Desimone has done far more at getting separation against poles. He still has the shot and IQ/maturity, but that first step just doesn't look the same which is sad. Hope he has another gear in him to return to that freshman year form.
angelus is a player but small. like a lot of their guys.
the hop faithful pushed williams and zinn for years.
while banging on deso. he looked v good vs. osu.
if you didn't see epstein then, it was bad. if he didn't look good vs mich w/ all the goals, that's too bad. he might just not be able to move.

If I'm Ryan Tierney, I'm not happy about the USLax Player of the Week - Joe Robertson. Tierney scored 8 plus 3 assists (Robertson 7 plus 3) on a team without Sowers and a cast of stars. Guess we should put Wykoff on Tierney in a few weeks.
i believe he went 8 and 3 in their 1st game, too.
and 1 for 13 in their in between game.

here, he went 6 and 0 and only matched wagner's #s.

23 goals in 4 games, i'd say have a guy on him concannon is piling it up against that competition, too.

covered and pulled a game early this week. in your rear view mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom