LAX Action for Feb 26 - Mar 3 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 26 - Mar 3

angelus is a player but small. like a lot of their guys.
the hop faithful pushed williams and zinn for years.
while banging on deso. he looked v good vs. osu.
if you didn't see epstein then, it was bad. if he didn't look good vs mich w/ all the goals, that's too bad. he might just not be able to move.
Unless I missed one at some point, I believe he only had one goal off the dodge and that was up top against a shorty. The rest were all either finishes or mid range shots. Just not that same burst. With the camera so far away I kept thinking that desimone was him. No apples in the first two games. He can move, but it’s just like 80% of his freshman speed. Hope it improves.

I saw some talk that D3 Salisbury knocked off D1 Drexel in a scrimmage last night.

Ok UVA don't mess this up. Trying to keep our win in the quality column.

6-5 UVA in the 2nd. Moore struggling again, leading point person is a long pole for UVA.

Hope this game ends by tip-off time.

Memories of Saturday night still haunting Virginia? Looked like they were going to run away with it then High Point with the comeback. HP having a tough time clearing though, the turnovers racked up fast. Rode still streaky, does Tiffany consider a switch at halftime?

UVA should be winning the faceoffs down the stretch, unlike their game against us. Think they will outlast them.

Vermont 10 Umass Lowell 1 at end of first quarter

Hard to see, snowy field

Vermont 10 Umass Lowell 1 at end of first quarter

Hard to see, snowy field

Vermont has some O weapons but Umass Lowell is god awful, can't take much from the game.

I guess it has been 12-10 for an eternity?? IL page says Asher Nolting has 10 turnovers. Oof.

Nolting is a turnover machine and UVA has to practice clearing my god.

Too many turnovers for High Point, probably should have been a win for them. Credit to Rode, he made some big saves down the stretch in those final 5 minutes or so.

All those extra possessions off of both faceoffs and turnovers and a measly 12 goals for UVA on an often horrible High Point D. All those insane weapons on O and that's the result? Figure it out Lars or our win won't even look impressive!

All those extra possessions off of both faceoffs and turnovers and a measly 12 goals for UVA on an often horrible High Point D. All those insane weapons on O and that's the result? Figure it out Lars or our win won't even look impressive!
i agree. uva was garbage.
they may be lucky to win an acc game.

UVA playing in spurts . Come out strong in 1q and 3q then appear to be struggling. Their O at best when some dodging and ball movement off but too many times in the past few games they have settled for lower percentage shots from 12-15 . . Liars did use a few more players today as he should have but should have been more after short rest . D has parts but just cant put it together. Very sloppy game, UVA likely tired

Exciting game but the turnovers...Nolting brutal. HP goalie played well. Rode was Jekyll/Hyde with a strong finish. UVA looked like us against Army - maybe not quite that bad but very sloppy. ;)

Old friend Levandowski with 3,2 on 10 shots.

Think he's gonna see a lot of Brett Kennedy on Saturday.

McConvey is their leading scorer, and he's a midfielder so I think he'll be matched up with Kennedy. Not sure if SU wants to match Dearth up with Levandowski, or someone quicker like Aviles. Should be entertaining nonetheless.

Also looks like Vermont's leading scorer from the attack is the transfer from Middlebury. Have to imagine he'll draw his DIII transfer counterpart in Wykoff. Wonder how many times that has happened on the DI level?

McConvey is their leading scorer, and he's a midfielder so I think he'll be matched up with Kennedy. Not sure if SU wants to match Dearth up with Levandowski, or someone quicker like Aviles. Should be entertaining nonetheless.

Also looks like Vermont's leading scorer from the attack is the transfer from Middlebury. Have to imagine he'll draw his DIII transfer counterpart in Wykoff. Wonder how many times that has happened on the DI level?

Both of Vermont's leading scorers are middies its possible SU could double pole but that is not usually SU's style. The DIII transfer McCormack had 6 goals yesterday against Umass-Lowell and 2 against Bryant. He has no assists on the year and doesn't appear to be much of a feeder type. He's listed at 6'2 215, this seems like the matchup for Murphy. Closterman is the leading assist guy with 5 and he seems like the guy Wykoff will draw unless McCormack is doing a lot of ISO at which case I can see Wykoff on him. Limoges is the third attackmen and has 4 assists on this year with 3 goals, 2 of which came yesterday. Seems tailor made for Dipetro or a SSDM as he is smaller - listed at 5'9 155.

SU has some potential interesting defensive decisions here, lots of potential ways to defend and matchups. I tend to take the Bryant game as a better example of Vermont as Umass-Lowell is so bad its hard to get a true read. In that game heir man fogo was essentially 50% (13-25), the back up was 1-4 though. They have a very solid goalie but I am unclear how solid a D they have in front of him, and I find it hard to believe they have the personnel to double pole but crazier things have happened. Some concern about running into a goalie who stands on his head as SU has a tendency to do at times especially at home with a goalie they are no familiar with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom