LAX Action for Feb 7-10 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 7-10

2-0-1
2 points.
A tie counts as a loss, right?
We're changing it up a bit this year. Pushes now count as 1/2 point.

So you have 2 1/2 going into next week.

I gave you guys a 1 week head start. I’ll catch up.:)

Not sure if we are doing this again this year but IF we are:

UVA -3
Penn State - 4.5
Airforce +3 (Heard that Denver got rocked by Delaware in a scrimmage recently and I believe their stud FOGO recruit is still on the mend)

1.5 if we are doing the half point push. Shame UVA couldn't maintain that 8 goal lead.

High Point +3.5 vs Duke
Virginia -3 vs Loyola
Maryland -5 vs Richmond

High Point played UMd pretty close in the 1st half and has a pretty good offense. Duke's offense isn't as strong as the Terps. Plus the game is at High Point.
Loyola should be a decent team, but UVa should be able to beat them by more than 3 at home, if UVa is #1.
I probably shouldn't pick UMd by 5 on the road at Richmond, but I can't help myself.

Well I was right about picking Maryland, and Duke really rebounded.
I guess I'm near the bottom of the heap.
.5 - 2.5

It would appear that two true freshman middies came in and got points for UVA in the game vs Loyola. Is the redshirt all due to UVA wanting Shellenberger for 4 years at attack or did the Inside Lacrosse recruit rankings just take a massive L? Seems like you could assume that the UVA staff saw those other two freshman as better prospects than Shellenberger. Even if they want him at attack, is he really not good enough to see minutes as a 4th attack for a change of pace? Will people finally stop hating on Jordan Evans now??

It would appear that two true freshman middies came in and got points for UVA in the game vs Loyola. Is the redshirt all due to UVA wanting Shellenberger for 4 years at attack or did the Inside Lacrosse recruit rankings just take a massive L? Seems like you could assume that the UVA staff saw those other two freshman as better prospects than Shellenberger. Even if they want him at attack, is he really not good enough to see minutes as a 4th attack for a change of pace? Will people finally stop hating on Jordan Evans now??

I think its a combo of both, UVA is already running 4 deep at attack with Cormier and I don't believe Shellenberger has experience playing midfield ( I could be wrong about that). It makes sense for UVA as with Kraus and Aiken both lost to graduation next year and Laviano and Moore both gone the following year, getting him an additional year makes a lot of sense as they really don't have a spot for him right now.

Not a whole lot you can take from scouting Army this game, NJIT is pretty weak all over. I think they only had 2 shots on goal in the first half.

1.5 This week
Lost SU
Push UVA
Army over NJIT (lock of the year)

Watching the fall ball match with PSU, Shellenberger was on the 2nd midfield and didn't do much. They moved him to attack in the 3rd quarter and I thought he looked pretty good (although he didn't score). I sort of wonder if Matt Moore moving to attack (last spring) might have filled in Shellenberger's possible opportunity at attack.

Bienkowski looked pretty good in fall ball, a nice surprise for Wahoo fans. At the moment, I would predict that he will take over Aitken's spot next year. Of course, Cormier will probably move to attack and take over Kraus's lefty spot next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom