LAX Action for May 18-19 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 18-19

I know that it has been said on the broadcast but how do Loyola allow Okeefe so much space - the kid is automatic, his shooting is different gravy! Take away Penn States strengths! State have some dangerous players though but make them do the damage and not OKeefe!

Loyola lose a lot this year, can’t see them being top 10 next year!
Exactly

I know that it has been said on the broadcast but how do Loyola allow Okeefe so much space - the kid is automatic, his shooting is different gravy! Take away Penn States strengths! State have some dangerous players and their ball movement is amazing but make the other players do the damage and not OKeefe!

Loyola lose a lot this year, can’t see them being top 10 next year!
Listen I’m not disagreeing, no excuse as to why O’Keefe had so many open looks. But all I’m saying is that they definitely improved in terms of production defensively in the 2nd half. I also truly don’t believe we match up with penn state well in any area. Defensively, we have consistently been shakey off ball, we don’t really adjust as the game goes on, and we can’t cover inverts. Take those weaknesses and match them up with maybe statistically the greatest offense of all time, and I believe we wouldn’t fare very well (not to mention Arceri is excellent, defensively they are solid, and they have pretty good goal tending)

Hard to believe this is a Penn State team that went 8-6 last year and didn’t make the tournament. Hell, they didn’t even make the B10 tournament. 4 of those losses were to Villanova, Rutgers, and to Michigan and Robert Morris at home. Most of the players returned from last year, the only major difference being the return of Grant Ament from a redshirt year along with the emergence of players like Jack Kelly and freshman TJ Malone. Their leading points scorer from 2018 were Mac O’Keefe and Nick Spillane with 46 points each. Ament currently has 118 points; O’Keefe‘s doubled his production to 93 points. I don’t know what Tambroni did in the off season to turn it around but the the impact of one player on his team’s success is undeniable.

You just cannot call who will win this game! Both very evenly matched! I’d like to see Penn go to the F4 though I just can’t take to Yale!

Hard to believe this is a Penn State team that went 8-6 last year and didn’t make the tournament. Hell, they didn’t even make the B10 tournament. 4 of those losses were to Villanova, Rutgers, and to Michigan and Robert Morris at home. Most of the players returned from last year, the only major difference being the return of Grant Ament from a redshirt year along with the emergence of players like Jack Kelly and freshman TJ Malone. Their leading points scorer from 2018 were Mac O’Keefe and Nick Spillane with 46 points each. Ament currently has 118 points; O’Keefe‘s doubled his production to 93 points. I don’t know what Tambroni did in the off season to turn it around but the the impact of one player on his team’s success is undeniable.

I’ve watched a lot of B10 games the last 3-4 years as we get BTN2go in U.K. they have really been on the cusp of greatness for the last 4 years! They have always had great players and had a great team with Aponte, Hill and Florence in Ament’s freshman year! Aponte was a very underrated player!

Trambroni Seems like a genuine guy and is a great coach!

Shay F***** up that timeout call! Great call from Penn Assistant Mike Abbott (a good friend) lobbying the official for the flag!

Holy moly. Thought the PSU-Loyola game would be the highest scoring...

1-3 last week and 29-18 overall.

Penn State -3.5
Yale +1.5
Maryland +2
Duke -1.5

Some intriguing story lines: Ryder Garnsey returns in a big way, Tambroni and Penn State win first tournament game, UPenn looking for a three-peat against Yale, and an old ACC battle with the Terps v. Cavs. Where does Pat Spencer figure in to all of this? I'm looking forward to the weekend.
3-1 this week and 32-19 overall
What a great weekend of lacrosse!

That's clearly withholding the ball. Ball on ground, body on top of it. Can't do it. Defense can't check, but can't play the ball.

I want to support refs, but they keep messing up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom