LAX Pick ‘em: Week 11 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Pick ‘em: Week 11

Laxfanshutt

All Conference
F893FD49-B3B9-4E1D-B195-4ADAA1F561BC.jpeg
F0C51EEF-0EA4-4009-9CD8-70EC8073B088.jpeg
6E4AB2A7-0FFC-4ED4-BECC-3C1580BEC5FC.jpeg
A2C1658F-9628-4584-AB44-73C0F1BE5E02.jpeg

0-4 last week, 17-23 YTD. You'd think this would get easier the longer the season goes on. And yet.

Duke +1.5 vs UVA
Johns Hopkins -1.5 over Ohio State
Penn State -2 over Michigan
Harvard +1.5 vs Penn

0-4 last week, 17-23 YTD. You'd think this would get easier the longer the season goes on. And yet.

Duke +1.5 vs UVA
Harvard +1.5 vs Penn
anyone know if milliman dislikes myers?

Some strange spreads for sure. Syracuse favored over UNC, UVa favored over Duke, ...

Marquette +7 vs Gtn
Michigan +2 vs PSU
UNC +1.5 vs Syracuse
Stony Brook +4 vs Delaware

Marquette +7 vs. Georgetown
Navy -3 vs. Lafayette
St. Joseph’s -4.5 vs. Hobart
Drexel -2 vs. Hofstra

UNC is tempting, but I don’t bet against SU.

21-18-1 YTD

Duke +1.5 vs UVA
Harvard +1.5 vs Penn

Some brutal lines this week, usually at least a few games will jump out as clear picks or locks. Not so much this week.

21-18-1 YTD

Cornell-2
Hobart +4.5
Loyola +1.5
Albany -7.5

13-25-2 YTD

Drexel -2 v Hofstra
St. Joe's -4.5 v Hobart
Princeton -5.5 v Dartmouth
Maryland -2.5 v Rutgers

18-18 YTD

Duke +1.5
Cornell -2.0
Penn State -2.0
Princeton -5.5

Jeremy's comments above are bang on. Brutal week for picks.

View attachment 227012
Tonight’s game if anyone’s interested
I took Merrimack and turned the game on 10 mins ago with Merrimack up 13 - 7. Well 10 mins later it's 13 - 10 Merrimack. This is the 2nd time I bet them and they were up big then gave it away in the 4th. Done with that team now. Lol

I took Merrimack and turned the game on 10 mins ago with Merrimack up 13 - 7. Well 10 mins later it's 13 - 10 Merrimack. This is the 2nd time I bet them and they were up big then gave it away in the 4th. Done with that team now. Lol
I almost took them too.. that sucks!!

Marquette +7 vs. Georgetown
Navy -3 vs. Lafayette
St. Joseph’s -4.5 vs. Hobart
Drexel -2 vs. Hofstra

UNC is tempting, but I don’t bet against SU.

21-18-1 YTD
That's why Vegas has SU the favorite by 1.5 because most gamblers think since UNC won last game and there ranked higher they should be the favorites so it's a lock. Most will jump all over UNC and guess what??? There gonna lose and Vegas will win. Vegas knows what there doing. SU is a much better and confident team then the one UNC faced early in the season. UNC also played that game with heavy hearts for their coach who's dad just passed. Just like Coach Gait said when was the last time u saw a team all shoot like that? It was really a shooting show. UNC beat a worn out Hopkins team in the 2nd half as they were losing at the half but Hopkins played 3 games in like 5 days and tough close battles. They ran out of gas. UNC beat a young inexperienced SU team lacking confidence and Will Mark had his worst game in a Cuse uniform. Then the only other good win UNC had was a short handed Brown team missing 6 guys due to suspensions. The rest of the teams they beat are weak. Virginia just destroyed them I mean it was what 16 - 4 late in the game 3rd Q?. No one has done that to SU even while giving teams double the possessions they couldn't do that to Cuse. SU hasn't played Virgina yet but did olay Duke to OT and took the lead over Notre Dame early in the 4th before the meltdown. UNC is overrated and SUcis the better team. The freshman are no longer rookies they have experience in big games vs top ranked team now. U can see the confidence and the game slowing down for Joey, Leo, Finn and Rhoa. Will Mark marked this game on his calendar I know him trust me. He will be dialed in tomo after that performance against them last game. He was dialed in the following game vs Duke with 27 saves due to being angry at himself over the UNC game. He's expects to be great everytime he steps on the field, U will see the best of Will Mark tomo. The defense is playing better and looks more comfortable just like the offense. Aviles is back so there big middies won't be able to push him around. Jack Fine keeps it around 50% and Vegas laughs at the suckers who think UNC is a lock and actually a better team then SU. All of us SU fans will be be even happier tomo night talking NCAA tournament. If I could bet SU I would go big. Vegas knows what there doing. Sorry for the long drawn out post but I'm sure most of u love what I said so don't mind. Haahahah

That's why Vegas has SU the favorite by 1.5 because most gamblers think since UNC won last game and there ranked higher they should be the favorites so it's a lock. Most will jump all over UNC and guess what??? There gonna lose and Vegas will win. Vegas knows what there doing. SU is a much better and confident team then the one UNC faced early in the season. UNC also played that game with heavy hearts for their coach who's dad just passed. Just like Coach Gait said when was the last time u saw a team all shoot like that? It was really a shooting show. UNC beat a worn out Hopkins team in the 2nd half as they were losing at the half but Hopkins played 3 games in like 5 days and tough close battles. They ran out of gas. UNC beat a young inexperienced SU team lacking confidence and Will Mark had his worst game in a Cuse uniform. Then the only other good win UNC had was a short handed Brown team missing 6 guys due to suspensions. The rest of the teams they beat are weak. Virginia just destroyed them I mean it was what 16 - 4 late in the game 3rd Q?. No one has done that to SU even while giving teams double the possessions they couldn't do that to Cuse. SU hasn't played Virgina yet but did olay Duke to OT and took the lead over Notre Dame early in the 4th before the meltdown. UNC is overrated and SUcis the better team. The freshman are no longer rookies they have experience in big games vs top ranked team now. U can see the confidence and the game slowing down for Joey, Leo, Finn and Rhoa. Will Mark marked this game on his calendar I know him trust me. He will be dialed in tomo after that performance against them last game. He was dialed in the following game vs Duke with 27 saves due to being angry at himself over the UNC game. He's expects to be great everytime he steps on the field, U will see the best of Will Mark tomo. The defense is playing better and looks more comfortable just like the offense. Aviles is back so there big middies won't be able to push him around. Jack Fine keeps it around 50% and Vegas laughs at the suckers who think UNC is a lock and actually a better team then SU. All of us SU fans will be be even happier tomo night talking NCAA tournament. If I could bet SU I would go big. Vegas knows what there doing. Sorry for the long drawn out post but I'm sure most of u love what I said so don't mind. Haahahah
but vegas doesn't bet. they set lines that will get equal $$ action on both sides. or so they think. they scrape the vig. that's why they can stay in biz for so long.

Mean i also think they beat princeton cause they are better then princeton. Mean they did just have meltdown pryer week to ND. Princeton was a big game for them and they played very well. But in no way to think cuse is locked to win of course. I hope they come out and stun unc early and get the dub. But unc still a decent team and no way should they be overlooked. Cuse will def have to play hard fast and physical for every gb and talk be on point on defense and offense. They can def win this game but wouldn’t say their locked. Love the positiveness but either way gonna be big brutal hard fought game(hopefully ends with cuse win). Let’s go orange !

Also agree the freshman have shown growth but don’t think was huge growth just from Nd to princeton. All season they have shown growth and can see confidence growing and growing. Think we were and are just better team then princeton but the team also did play very good and solid throughout. Wish could say i wasn’t nervous bout toma at all. Hope they are truely realizing they are very good team and can play with anyone. Long as they play hard fast and together as Team and limit mistakes and don’t panic. Think they can pull it off. LFG

Also agree the freshman have shown growth but don’t think was huge growth just from Nd to princeton. All season they have shown growth and can see confidence growing and growing. Think we were and are just better team then princeton but the team also did play very good and solid throughout. Wish could say i wasn’t nervous bout toma at all. Hope they are truely realizing they are very good team and can play with anyone. Long as they play hard fast and together as Team and limit mistakes and don’t panic. Think they can pull it off. LFG
No the growth has been all season. I also think since they played UNC they have went to OT with Duke, lost a close battle to Hopkins and should have been up 2 goals with the momentum early in the 4th against Notre Dame. Of course no goal and all the momentum went back to ND as they went on an 8 - 0 run to close out the game. Those are big games that the freshman played in. They all have been looking more relaxed and confident on the field. The Princeton game the whole team looked confident. I think they know there a good team and can play with anyone. This UNC game isn't gonna be an easy game but I think Cuse is more talented and a much better team then the team UNC faced that day.

but vegas doesn't bet. they set lines that will get equal $$ action on both sides. or so they think. they scrape the vig. that's why they can stay in biz for so long.
No I know but this is definitely one of those games ppl see that line and think UNC is a lock. If they moved the LAX lines like other sports I can see so much money coming in on UNC that the line changes and UNC becomes the favorite. It's a suckers bet

Oh and Vegas stays in business so long because most ppl lose. There getting a lot more money from losers then just the vigs. Games like SU vs UNC we're ppl see that line and think UNC is lock. Then when SU covers Vegas cleans up. Lol

Oh and Vegas stays in business so long because most ppl lose. There getting a lot more money from losers then just the vigs. Games like SU vs UNC we're ppl see that line and think UNC is lock. Then when SU covers Vegas cleans up. Lol
yes, that's because they can only afford to lose so much. if they get on a losing streak, they can't afford to wait until the law of numbers has a reversion to the mean. so they "leave the table". but mostly it's the vig.

my guess is there are more 'cuse lax gamblers generally than unc. plus it's a neutral field. plus cuse has played a couple power teams that are better than unc tough.

anyway, i can't resist it here on our mock lines contest, and i'm under .500. so good news for 'cuse.

You guys don't mind if I make my picks, do ya?

Cornell -2
Duke +1.5
Hop -1.5
Syracuse -1.5

24-16 YTD

Duke + 1.5 vs. UVa
Hop -1.5 vs. OSU
Richmond -2.5 vs. High Point
SU -1.5 vs. UNC

drexel -2
msm -1.5
hop - 1.5
unc + 1.5

drexel @ home and on a bit of a heater.

msm surprisingly on an even bigger heater tho on the road.

hop lotta 4th q games, but covering lately & tosu is awful on the road. looking for milliman to elicit a myers 2 man down uc unreleasable somehow and blowing it open.

unc looks like should be - the number. books have cuse below and maybe it's priced as a home game by accident. or cuse loves to gamble on their squad. i'll take the 3 pt swing. you're welcome, cuse faithful. will be there.

19- 21 ytd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom