LAX Schedules / COVID Updates | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Schedules / COVID Updates

"The 2021 Big Ten Tournament will include all six conference teams, with the top-2 teams in the standings at the end of the regular season receiving a first round bye. The quarterfinal rounds will be hosted at the No. 3 and No. 4 seeds on Saturday, May 1. The semifinals (May 6) and final (May 8) will be hosted at Penn State."

Given the NCAA tmt criteria on being .500 or above, this should help a 5-5 team make it as they should get an easier first round game. It doesn't really help a 4-6 team as they still need to win the Big Ten tmt - and now have to win 3 games in a row.

I haven't seen Hopkins or PSU yet, but so far:
Feb 20 Michigan at Maryland, Ohio State at Johns Hopkins, Penn State at Rutgers
Feb 27 Johns Hopkins at Michigan, Maryland at Penn State, Rutgers at Ohio State
Mar 6 Michigan at Rutgers, Johns Hopkins at Maryland, Ohio State at Penn State
Mar 13 Michigan at Ohio State, Rutgers at Maryland, Penn State at Johns Hopkins*
Mar 20 Penn State at Michigan, Maryland at Ohio State, Rutgers at Johns Hopkins

*Penn State has verified this now

Last edited:
Lars Tiffany had a ZOOM meeting with some of the MLax alums last night. Two scheduling items of note. He tried to get something, anything scheduled for the 13th but couldn't. He called John Tillman at UMD to set up a scrimmage, if possible, but was told that the B1G wasn't playing anyone OOC this year. Our May 1 date with Navy is tentative. The Patriot League has designated May 1 as the makeup date for any games that are postponed. If Navy needs to make up a PL game, our game with them is cancelled.

It will be interesting to see how the Committee seeds B1G teams for the tournament since they won't have any basis for comparison to the rest of D-1.

I was scanning D2 and D3 schedules last night. I noticed nobody in the Northeast 10 - (LeMoyne/St Rose/St Mikes/Assumption/Southern NH etc) has released a 2021 schedule yet and I also didn't see any D3 schedules released with SUNY schools or St John Fisher/Naz/RIT/Union etc.

Meanwhile, D2 teams in the south and midwest played 8 games over the weekend, with 14 or 15 games slated for this coming week.

Certainly a good scouting opportunity for Desko -

Gotta say this game from Army's standpoint makes little sense. I know you want to get a game in but playing at UVA, at team clearly hitting on all cylinders ( at least offensively) before playing the following week at a consensus Top 3 Syracuse? Not sure I see the payoff here for Army, unless they can pull the upset which I can't see happening for a variety of reasons.

Gotta say this game from Army's standpoint makes little sense. I know you want to get a game in but playing at UVA, at team clearly hitting on all cylinders ( at least offensively) before playing the following week at a consensus Top 3 Syracuse? Not sure I see the payoff here for Army, unless they can pull the upset which I can't see happening for a variety of reasons.
Agreed. A great opportunity for Syracuse, and us, to see how army replaces Silva and O'Brien at attack. Silva was an excellent finisher and physical presence on the crease. O'Brien very capable and gritty.

Powell was right on better to face Duke earlier than later as became apparent in first halves of their games that staff has not fully integrated additions and d issues had not yet smoothed out.

Despite me being wrong, ill differ on Army. Think their strengths, tendencies and approach are well know by Cuse with past tape . "They are who we thought they are ". New faces yee but Nictern stirs that drink and Alberici unlikely to throw us wrinkles this early. Army already has the advantage of greater preseason preparation and rather not see them get some footings by playing a game. Took UMass cancellation as a leveling of prep.

Still look forward to watching that game. Be a staff test for Army given how good UVA looked and be a stiffer test than Towson for UVA. Always root for thee academies when not playing us but enjoy Tiffany's approach. Think that game will be hard for Army but help them get better prepared for us.

Softer schedule , would expect Gtown to win league given what Denver has showed and Nova likely receding some. ( think Gtown has their # ) Loyola game is a good prep win or lose being last game before post season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom