3:30 p.m.Harvard at PennESPN+
4 p.m.Syracuse at North CarolinaESPNU
4 p.m.Lehigh at ColgateESPN+
4 p.m.Ohio State at MarylandBig Ten Network
6 p.m.Penn State at Johns HopkinsESPNU
8 p.m.Quinnipiac at VirginiaACC Network

Last edited:
Notre Dame beat Marquette 18-8

Marquette seems to be in a rebuilding year, their 7 scorers with 10 or more points are all freshmen or sophomores.

Virginia at Duke coming up tomorrow night at 6pm. Not a good time for me to watch unfortunately.
I guess if Virginia can win, they will at the least tie for the ACC title.

Now they have moved the start time of the Virginia at Duke game to 1pm.

Last edited:
I imagine the switching from 6 pm to 1 pm does change ones feelings about the game. Before I had this picture of "Hoo's That" sitting at a table in front of his big screen perhaps eating a big plate of lasagna, now its sitting at a table in front of the big screen with the fixins' for a major sub sandwich.

Very odd scheduling by Duke since they do not play again until 4/30.

17-8 final. The usual result of UVA losing to Duke. This time by a rather embarrassing margin.

I guess this will put Duke back in the running for an at-large spot.

17-8 final. The usual result of UVA losing to Duke. This time by a rather embarrassing margin.

I guess this will put Duke back in the running for an at-large spot.

Carc seemed to think so at least in the 1st half when I was watching. If they lose to ND again and UNC to finish out though and depending on how those teams finish it could make it very interesting.

Have a feeling UVA Duke and ND will all sneak in with not that great seeds.

Also apologies to UVA fans present but I am very happy to see them struggling and pulling Nunes after their treatment of Bobby Gavin. Karma that they totally deserved.

Wait is UVA a bubble team in your mind?
No not unless they take another loss. Probably a 5-6 seed. RPI is about to take a tumble no matter what with the last three games they play (us included in that unfortunately). Really their only win that is aging well is ND.

Is there a wacky scenario in which no ACC team receives a bid? It would probably take SU to beat UNC, Duke and ND, which I admit is very, very unlikely - but what happens if all the ACC teams beat up on each other down the stretch? I'm guessing that even if chaos breaks out and SU beats UVA, the Cavs would still make it.

well if SU was to run the table to get to 7-7 you can see ND at under .500 and UNC right there at 8-6 with duke like 10-7 or something /

how does duke end up with 3 more games than others?

Also apologies to UVA fans present but I am very happy to see them struggling and pulling Nunes after their treatment of Bobby Gavin. Karma that they totally deserved.
Gavin said that the team suspended him for the season for breaking an unspecified team rule. Don't think I would describe that as poor treatment of Gavin by UVA.

Interesting the contrasting goalie stats in the Duke/UVA game. Looks like Adler played very well but UVA shot poorly and Nunes didn't play very well but Duke shot brilliantly :cool:

Just another in the bizarre results of this season.

well if SU was to run the table to get to 7-7 you can see ND at under .500 and UNC right there at 8-6 with duke like 10-7 or something /

how does duke end up with 3 more games than others?

You can play 17 competitions per season. Most teams choose to have scrimmages, which means they play 12-14 games. Duke uses all of theirs for games.

Gavin said that the team suspended him for the season for breaking an unspecified team rule. Don't think I would describe that as poor treatment of Gavin by UVA.

Interesting the contrasting goalie stats in the Duke/UVA game. Looks like Adler played very well but UVA shot poorly and Nunes didn't play very well but Duke shot brilliantly :cool:

Just another in the bizarre results of this season.
Referring specifically to the players aggressively chirping in Gavins face after the first couple goals when we played them at UVA.

Is there a wacky scenario in which no ACC team receives a bid? It would probably take SU to beat UNC, Duke and ND, which I admit is very, very unlikely - but what happens if all the ACC teams beat up on each other down the stretch? I'm guessing that even if chaos breaks out and SU beats UVA, the Cavs would still make it.

Well if that did happen I'm not sure what would happen to all the whining conspiracy theorists over at Fanlax that think the fix is always in the the ACC.

No not unless they take another loss. Probably a 5-6 seed. RPI is about to take a tumble no matter what with the last three games they play (us included in that unfortunately). Really their only win that is aging well is ND.
Virginia (8-3) currently has the #7 RPI.
Top 20 RPI wins: #14 Notre Dame, #15 UNC x 2, #20 JHU
Games to go: Quinnipiac, at Syracuse, Lafayette
The quality wins aren't great, but it is hard to see UVa missing, unless they lose another game.
UNC (7-4) currently has the #15 RPI
Top 20 RPI wins: #11 Denver, #16 Richmond, #17 Brown, #20 Hopkins
Games to go: Syracuse, at Notre Dame, at Duke
Duke (10-5) currently has the #12 RPI
Top 20 RPI wins: #7 UVa, #11 Denver, #15 UNC, #16 Richmond
outside top 20 losses: #25 Loyola, #31 Syracuse
Games to go: UNC, at Notre Dame
Notre Dame (5-4) #14 RPI
Top 20 RPI wins: #12 Duke
Games to go: UNC, at Syracuse, Duke

It tends to look like ND would have to win out to make it.

Remember folks MD is so amazing that by even playing them you will be so thoroughly defeated and demoralized that you will lose your next game too! Just by playing them a curse is set upon your team! These guys I tell ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom