LAX TV/Streaming Action for Feb 27 - Mar 3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for Feb 27 - Mar 3

Put a little $$ on Princeton, should have went for broke

With Duke and Notre Dame losing to bottom of top 20 teams early in the season, looks like ACC big three was really just the big one. Still early but I thought those two teams would be head and shoulders above rest of country (with UVA).

In a sense makes it more believable Syracuse could challenge those teams but also might mean Syracuse HAS to beat those teams for entry into tournament. Shaping up to be one of those wacky seasons where resumes really get into hair splitting territory.

Princeton looked pretty solid, particularly their attack. Those freshmen from GP look really good already.

There's so much talent out there basically landing in just a few places (ACC, Big Ten, Ivy, top of Patriot, Army, Denver), I am not sure there is really any transitive property when it comes to predicting wins. Match ups and styles really will come into play (as well as who's "feelin it" and luck).

To my eye, both Penn and Duke were noticeably bigger and more athletic that North Carolina and Princeton. I think the latter two teams we match up well with and should/would handle, and the former will/would give us problems.

Some unfortunate early acc results last night. UNC looking like they will not be any sort of RPI boost, especially with an easier schedule this season. Princeton beat them easily 15-9 after getting doubled up by MD. Early but maybe just maybe those ACC coaches were a little overzealous ranking UNC ahead of us in the conference.

I think ND and Duke figure out their troubles, but already those wins will have less value than we would like when we play them compared to last year. Of course Duke did lose to a not that good Jacksonville team around this time last season. Would help the value of those games if ND can get the win against MD. Rougher start out of the gate for ACC this season but i am still intimidated by the top three teams. ND perhaps looks more beatable than I thought, but today will tell us a lot. Hard to read into the Duke game. ONeill will not have many games like that. Feels like the conference could really use the UVA win over Hop too.

Some unfortunate early acc results last night. UNC looking like they will not be any sort of RPI boost, especially with an easier schedule this season. Princeton beat them easily 15-9 after getting doubled up by MD. Early but maybe just maybe those ACC coaches were a little overzealous ranking UNC ahead of us in the conference.

I think ND and Duke figure out their troubles, but already those wins will have less value than we would like when we play them compared to last year. Of course Duke did lose to a not that good Jacksonville team around this time last season. Would help the value of those games if ND can get the win against MD. Rougher start out of the gate for ACC this season but i am still intimidated by the top three teams. ND perhaps looks more beatable than I thought, but today will tell us a lot. Hard to read into the Duke game. ONeill will not have many games like that. Feels like the conference could really use the UVA win over Hop too.

The Penn game for Duke is bigger then normal because Dukes OOC is the 2nd worst in the conference. Still it's Duke and they pull this crap every year. I expect them to win tomorrow and beat Denver later in the year.

The Penn game for Duke is bigger then normal because Dukes OOC is the 2nd worst in the conference. Still it's Duke and they pull this crap every year. I expect them to win tomorrow and beat Denver later in the year.
Seems that way with the Dukies. They will also most likely beat UVA as they nearly always do and all will be forgiven. Other results from Penn and GTown have me questioning if they will actually have a major impact come playoff time. Have to give some benefit of the doubt to Duke and ND, but then again these are the types of losses that kept them out of the playoffs in 2022!

5-3 Hop over UVA 1st qtr. Hop starting to dominate faceoffs and UVA D getting exposed a bit

Hop and Virg game with a crazy sequence, game tied at 5. UVA ride causing Hop issues.

UVA offensively is such a chore to handle. Hop has a good defense and their still no match

Cornell started slow vs OSU who has an avg offense.. 4x3x2x2 Much better the last 35 min on D
Same on offense 3x4x5x3

OSU Fr goalie is huge and played well early. Cornell kept it to only 40/60 on FO which is a big deal for them now down the #1 FO guy.

Cornell struggles at FO and not very good on both sides of the manup right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom